• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armed Robber Goes Down In Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Sylvester, 57, jumps from his sports utility vehicle while waving his gun at police before he jumped the median and was gunned down in the middle of I-55/74 Monday, January 5, 2008. Sylvester is a suspect in the robbery of Check 'n Go at Market and Hinshaw Streets, police said. The man fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. Sylvester led police on a high speed chase from Lexington to I-39 before he stopped on I-55/74 just north of Normal Community West High School. (The Pantagraph, David Proeber)

rob1.jpg

rob2.jpg

rob3.jpg

rob4.jpg

rob5.jpg

Probably the most badass looking getaway pictures i've ever seen. I believe the dude died from the gunshots he took from the police.

Here's a link: Robbery suspect pronounced dead hours after police chase

There's some other pictures on there that it links to as well.

shuri

Banned
There's nothing badass about being shot like a dog for stealing 500$. The old dude wasted his life away.

Why do people still try to pull this stupid shit these days? Does anybody ever successfully get away from high-profile chases like this?

Maybe they do and we just don't hear about it...

So he made all of those super hardkore badass posses only to get ventilated like so much gun fodder.

Good, I was afraid somebody besides him would've died.

shuri said:
There's nothing badass about being shot like a dog for stealing 500$. The old dude wasted his life away.
At least he LOOKED like a badass while he was escaping though. I'm not condoning criminal behavior....only looking like a badass. :D

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Good GOD these pics are so bad ass. I thought I was serously looking at pictures from a movie. Blaze of Glory indeed!

shuri

Banned
look at those retards in the comments.

Bobby was a friend of mine from work. I think i heard every crazy story that man ever told and at first i thought he was full of it. I loved him, he was my "brother". he was extremly funny ,sharp, loved people and was very friendly to every one. as far as ironworking goes, he was like a cat on the iron, fearless. the same qualities that made him end up here. I dont blame the police for shooting him down. he knew. told me he was never going back to the joint. I know he had a violent side, but also know how much he loved his family, even the wife he beat. he spoke highly of his children and was even a volunteer at an animal shelter.
He was really trying. I' m sad hes dead and i feal for the cops that he forced to shoot him. As for the picture, sad to say but if bobby would have lived, he would have been damn proud of it. R.I.P. Sly. "

rob4.jpg

New Balance shoes?! Holy shit, the guy should've been shot just for this crime against fashion!

Honestly though, is it really that hard to shoot someone in the leg instead of the torso? The police almost always seems to get for the instant kill instead of only disabling the suspects.

Ryck

shuri said:
look at those retards in the comments.
If you read them back in a southern accent they become more viable imo.

Jibber Hack said:
There were TWO qualifiers there sir. Though I may have no worth to society, I am not OLD. Thank you.
Fair enough I suppose :D

Gaborn

Smiling Bandit said:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/dahellisdat/rob4.jpg

New Balance shoes?! Holy shit, the guy should've been shot just for this crime against fashion!

Honestly though, is it really that hard to shoot someone in the leg instead of the torso? The police almost always seems to get for the instant kill instead of only disabling the suspects.

Who gives a flying fuck about "fashion"? They're comfortable, they cover your feet, and... beyond that I don't need to know any more.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Smiling Bandit said:

What the fuck is wrong with New Balance? And that offends you more than a denim shirt with blue jeans?

Smiling Bandit said:
rob4.jpg

New Balance are fucking awesome when you need to run! Run fast and far away. This be what he did. All hail New Balance. The Bad Ass' shoe choice of the century.

JBuccCP

I think I'll do something similar when I hit 60. Load up a gun with blanks then charge into a police station firing randomly.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Smiling Bandit said:
So rocking the all denim look is ok as long as you don't also rock NB's? Whew.

Sniper McBlaze said:
New Balance are fucking awesome when you need to run! Run fast and far away. This be what he did. All hail New Balance. The Bad Ass' shoe choice of the century.
Unfortunately he failed with this. Next time go with the PF flyers.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't know what's more awesome, that he had a cig in his mouth while he was blasting those sons of bitches, or those fucking badass New Balances. This guy is a legend.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
midsize_photo4962becdebdc7088804488.jpg

midsize_photo4962b6a7179e6676107126.jpg

Missed 2 more...

Such a strange location for a photo op. Never seen real life shots like this, look so much like something off a TV/movie.

Something about the situation reminded me of Breaking Bad.

dabig2

Lonestar said:
http://www.pantagraph.com/content/gallery/gallery_4/album_871/midsize_photo4962becdebdc7088804488.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.pantagraph.com/content/gallery/gallery_4/album_871/midsize_photo4962b6a7179e6676107126.jpg[IMG]

Missed 2 more...

Such a strange location for a photo op. Never seen real life shots like this, look so much like something off a TV/movie.

Something about the situation reminded me of Breaking Bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some hi-detailed shots there. And I bet he was shot to death not too long after these specific two.

Also, cigar would've been better. Go out more in style!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There's some action blur on that first shot I posted, as that reddish hatchback speeds by. Stunt driver prolllly.

Can't get it through my head, here's a 57 year old going out like this. My dad was 57 when he died a few years ago. It's like...I can't imagine him in that situation, and he was a freaking Marine in Vietnam.

That's literally the coolest unposed photo I have EVER SEEN. The action shot with the cig and pistol, that is.

I wish I had an excuse to die like that when I'm that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom