• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armed Robber Goes Down In Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
sazabirules said:
Where'd you get this from?

Local police trains for disabling the enemy through shots on limbs. They are however allowed to stop the enemy by with lethal force. It's up to the officer to assess the situation and act accordingly.

PjotrStroganov said:
Local police trains for disabling the enemy through shots on limbs. They are however allowed to stop the enemy by with lethal force. It's up to the officer to assess the situation and act accordingly.

:lol

That's funny because the academy I train at, which also trains the city's police and every surrounding dept (major metro area) and that's one thing that was talked about extensively.

Smiling Bandit said:
rob4.jpg

New Balance shoes?! Holy shit, the guy should've been shot just for this crime against fashion!

STFU!

New Balance are some of the most preferred shoes among podiatrists!

Not joking!

If you gotta make a get away, make it in New Balance for the best arch support™.

Rad photos. R.I.P. you crazy old menace to society.

Vinzer Deling said:
:lol

That's funny because the academy I train at, which also trains the city's police and every surrounding dept (major metro area) and that's one thing that was talked about extensively.

Well, I guess the codes of conduct are different all over the world.

Jado

Banned
JB1981 said:
No cop is ever trained to take a non-lethal shot. If they decide to shoot - it's to kill and nothing else. Non-lethal shots are a pure Hollywood fabrication.

You are indeed full of shit. Don't go around telling people you believe this nonsense if you want to maintain any credibility.

Arthrus

A hero. More senior criminals should die in badass ways without harming other people. Why should they die? Because it makes a great thread :lol

DrPirate

Banned
Their using the media to slander his name....

He was trying to uncover the giant conspiracy but those bastards....THEY GOT HIM!

He was so close, and now they taint his name by associating him to a petty robbery. He was a hero.

(I really hope I don't have to clarify that this IS sarcasm....oops, too late)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
DrPirate said:
Their using the media to slander his name....

He was trying to uncover the giant conspiracy but those bastards....THEY GOT HIM!

He was so close, and now they taint his name by associating him to a petty robbery. He was a hero.

(I really hope I don't have to clarify that this IS sarcasm....oops, too late)
He could be have been a spy, Bourne, Solid. We will never know.

JB1981

Jado said:
You are indeed full of shit. Don't go around telling people you believe this nonsense if you want to maintain any credibility.

Are you a cop, dude? Do you have any idea how fucking hard it is to even HIT someone, let alone aim at a specific body part in order to wound them? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Cops are trained to pull their gun as a last resort, but when they do decide to fire it is to KILL. That is how they are trained. Learn a little something and then come back here and tell me I'm full of shit.

ArjanN

JB1981 said:
Are you a cop, dude? Do you have any idea how fucking hard it is to even HIT someone, let alone aim at a specific body part in order to wound them? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Cops are trained to pull their gun as a last resort, but when they do decide to fire it is to KILL. That is how they are trained. Learn a little something and then come back here and tell me I'm full of shit.

It's probably more accurate to say they're trained to aim center mass. Killing is not specifically the goal, just a distinct possiblity.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
ArjanN said:
It's probably more accurate to say they're trained to aim center mass. Killing is not specifically the goal, just a distinct possiblity.
FINALLY!

I've been waiting over two years for some clarification on this.

quickwhips

Smiling Bandit said:
rob4.jpg

New Balance shoes?! Holy shit, the guy should've been shot just for this crime against fashion!

Honestly though, is it really that hard to shoot someone in the leg instead of the torso? The police almost always seems to get for the instant kill instead of only disabling the suspects.

When you shoot at somoene you shoot to kill so they don't pop back up and shoot you when they are armed with a gun. This isn't the movies.

.la1n

PjotrStroganov said:

Funny how their "assessment" of the situation always leads to:

1) kill the guy
2) beat the guy until close to death
3) taze
4) all three

alphaNoid

Banned
I came in this thread expecting some kind of sequel, where this guy broke free and was doing more kick ass stuff in comfy running shoes. I see a random 2 year bump arguing semantics of how to aim a gun and I leave extremely disappointed.

ArjanN said:

What have you done. You should have your forum license revoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom