• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spore: Hero (Wii) Gameplay Video

. . . Is it wrong that the thought that this would be focused on ONE thing makes me more excited after seeing how Spore turned out?

Anyway, I like!

legend166

So what exactly is this game? Spore, but from the focus of one creature? Do you go through the different stages?

legend166 said:
So what exactly is this game? Spore, but from the focus of one creature? Do you go through the different stages?
I think it's like a advanture game thats focused on creature stage and what not but we need more info. They had info on it in those latest nintendo mags but all those who have the mags want to talk about regarding the mag is RGH and RS . . . theres also ToG and Spyborgs stuff in one of those but we still don't know what they say about them.

Jcdragon

I seriously couldn't have been the first one to notice that the video says that its Dead Space: Extraction...

But to stay on topic. It looks alright.. Won't get too excited until more info is released.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
The game looks great; very Rayman 2 like... I would have liked that Banjo Kazooie 360 to look like this...

The gameplay is what bothers me..., I would prefer 1000 times a more action focused game, like EVO or Cubivore, were eating monsters gives you the evolution...

One can dream...

Forkball

Graphics look nice, but I'm not sold on everything else. Will this game take place only in the creature stage? It looks like an adventure based around minigames.

KevinCow

Banned
Hmm. Combat looks crap. Mini-games look crap. But a platform adventure (that's what it seems to be outside of the mini-games) where you can design the critter you play as could be awesome.

I am also reminded of EVO.

Nocebo

Not much to go on. Looks nice, but the game mechanics look like they could get repetitive and boring quickly.

JDSN

Banned
Reminds me of Evo, but with unnecessary crap that makes it a chore, like the creatures stage of Spore.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Graphically not that bad. I honestly don't see how the system specs of the Wii could ever be a roadblock for a full blown port now.

But uhhhhh, I think I'm definitely passing. Gameplay looks as week as the Creature stage in normal Spore.

Vinci

Danish
That looks all right - but it also looks unappealing as hell. Which is really odd since I think the basic premise of Spore has a lot of potential in a variety of different game types. But yeah, this isn't the way to leverage it.

Tron 2.0

Well, it's obviously geared towards a young audience. I think that's pretty clear. BUT it doesn't look like shovelware. It looks like a quality effort.

The actual Dead Space: Extraction stuff looks good as well.

Haunted

Creatures stage of Spore was my favourite part of the game (followed by Tribal), so them concentrating on this part of the gameplay for this title suits me very well. :D

edit: hm, this doesn't look quite like the creatures stage with the added games and no squad combat as far as I can see.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Man, so disappointing for now. The game is unexpectedly good-looking (even though I still hate the visual style of the creatures), but it looks like a borefest with barely more imagination in it than your average piece of shovelware. It's not shovelware, of course, if only because it's technically well-designed, but it seems that this game is a looker, and nothing else :/.

And here I thought I'd be able to play an unofficial sequel to E.V.O. on the SNES...

First trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZOFW6H55k

3525709376_f31c6ea1c3_o.jpg

3524904895_900f6cfafe_o.jpg

3525710056_5d4e86de65_o.jpg

3524903893_d64ec0b6ea_o.jpg

3525708994_1d8b7ac4ef_o.jpg

I did not like the space phase so I stopped playing after 3 weeks so far. Hopefully the addon can get me back to it with its mission based unlimited content.

ontopic: looks good. More information about the content and connectivity would be cool.

CaVaYeRo

Wii Will Rock U said:
That actually looks really good, :lol

even if it comes with no info, I would agree.

The thing is, I've seen it in-depth, and as I see some negative feedback, and I really loved what we were shown (and I think most of the journalist that were with me felt the same way), I have highlighted some things in English from a 4 pages impressions feature:

- built from scratch at EA Montreal, known as “the Nintendo team”
- Graphically awesome compared to other EA games such as MySims Kingdom. Vibrant, colourful, nice VFX, nice shadow maps, absolutely great visual design. Something with an alien vibe, but “needs to invite for exploration”.
- Art: to reach the “Nintendo feeling”, they use hand-painted textures, unified colour palette, living world elements. Wider doesn’t mean younger audience, they insisted.
- “You are the hero” is the main idea. Lots of things to experience the creature itself: controlling by joystick, surprisingly deep missions like fighting, dancing, singing, running…
- Gameplay process: exploration-evolution-action.
- “Meaningful creativity” and “procedural animation” successfully ported to the Wii along with the editor, with almost the same creation possibilities. Also, morphing feature included in this editor. Great work in here.
- Bigger screens, buttons in the editor. Feels really good. Less drag&drop, some actions for the D-pad. Easy and clear for the Wiimote.
- We define it in the feature as “Spore with a purpose”.
- Story starts as you, as the baby, breaking the eggshell with the Wiimote.
- Be mean; be nice -> different parts to earn. You’ll need different pars to reach different zones. You can also buy parts. Up to 250.
- HUB zone with its own secrets, which also depend on the parts you’ve earned, so it has hidden things until the end. It looked like Mario 64’s Castle to me!
- Great music, humour. CG movie for intro. Animations are really well ported to the Wii.
- You can select parts by ability. For example, if you need to dance, you can see “dancing parts” like legs and arms. Useful.
- Online features? no info about it yet. Wait and see, they say

Article: http://www.revogamers.net/avances-440-Spore-Hero---Reportaje-especial-1.html

Google shit: http://translate.google.com/transla...-Hero---Reportaje-especial-1.html&sl=es&tl=en

Oh, and those screens don't make the game justice. Sorry if any sentence is bad translated. The original is in Spanish and I'm reeeallly tired after a Jungle Beat, Another Code, Grand Slam Tennis, EA Active day :lol

Thanks for these impressions, sounds great. Especially the wait and see to online :)

Connectivity like the PC Spore where creatures of others populate your universe would be really neat :D

anyway:
CaVaYeRo said:
EA Active day :lol
Please some more info in a related thread, thx :)

CaVaYeRo

Well, their "wait and see" does not necessary mean a "you'll se info", but, "you'll see what we've decided", so I don't keep my hopes up ATM.

But what really surprised me was how dedicated the whole project seemed.

And yeah, I'll try and sum up some things about active there. We may try the 30 days program :D

Top Bottom