• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Molyneux/Lionhead press conference at Gamescom - Microsoft announcement

El-Suave

Unlike last year at Leipzig, this year Microsoft will have a press conference at Gamescom in Cologne.

It's taking place on Wednesday, August 19th, from 10-11 am local time in Cologne's Congress Centre.

Peter Molyneux will be in attendance and there will be a Lionhead announcement.

http://www.gamefront.de/

Xater

Does anyone know if I am press I can just get into these conferences or do I have to be invited? I'll probably be there this year for the radio station of my university.

I also jsut want to use this opportunity to talk to Peter. :lol

Sadist

Stoney Mason said:
He'll annouce Milo has reached puberty...
MS rep: "Hey Milo, how are you?"
Milo: "I'm not talking to you anymore"
MS rep: "What did I do to upset you?"
Milo: "I hate you!" *Storms off to listen to Linkin Park*

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
[Nintex] said:
Isn't Molyneux in charge of Rare now, any chance we might see what they're up to?

Not directly though he does hold authority over them by being the CCO of MS Europe now.

Hopefully it will be some mind blowing / technological advanced / Scientrific game he bangs on about sometimes.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment :D

Anyways, I hope it's a new IP, be it from Lionhead or Rare. Would rather the latter.

El-Suave

Shiggy said:
So only Nintendo won't have a conference...

They won't be there at all according to the event calendar on their own website. Just like last year. It's not that they'd need to be there though - but considering Wii Sports Resort is still pretty new at the time of the convention it still would be a good place to show it to many people.

Shiggy

El-Suave said:
They won't be there at all according to the event calendar on their own website. Just like last year. It's not that they'd need to be there though - but considering Wii Sports Resort is still pretty new at the time of the convention it still would be a good place to show it to many people.

Today another global player, namely Nintendo, has signed up to participate in Cologne. gamescom's trade fair concept impressed Dr. Bernd Fakesch, General Manager of Nintendo Germany: "gamescom offers the ideal platform for the presentation of our games and product portfolio to a large audience in an attractive setting. We are looking forward to the start in August."

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/pre...&start=0&anzahl=10&channel=kmeigen&language=e

Don't know why it isn't in their event calendar.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Shiggy said:
So only Nintendo won't have a conference...

We'll get a chance to hear from third parties. Isn't their usual excuse?

Oh and wait for Spaceworld.

They will probably just announce the new character in milo... Millie or something like that.

Could also be fable 3 using the same engine from fable 2, they got 2 teams after all but still that sounds a little too soon.

El-Suave

I don't expect any new major Natal announcements - except maybe a list of companies who are working on projects for it.
It'll be about good console sales, the holiday lineup and other known games. The extension of some of their US services into Europe and maybe a new bundle for Europe are also likely topics. I'm glad that we seem to be getting new game announcements at all.

gerg

VOOK said:

In don't see why they need an excuse. They generally don't care for these types of events. Where's the problem here?

Busty

Banned
Hopefully both this and the Sony GameCom conference are going to be streamed live or at least put up 'as live' at some point during the day.

I hope we see Molyneux show off some more of Milo. But this time the model of Milo has a really nasty black eye.

Journalist - "Milo, what happened to your eye?"

Milo - "I walked into a door."

Journalist - "You walked into a door...?"

Milo - "Just leave it."

Molyneux - "THIS DEMONSTRATION IS OVER!!!!"

GCX

VOOK said:

It's pretty obvious the next big Nintendo thing will be the October conference unless they'll be at TGS which I really doubt.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
GCX said:
It's pretty obvious the next big Nintendo thing will be the October conference unless they'll be at TGS which I really doubt.

Yeah I know, I was just kidding :D

And Nintendo at TGS? Only if it's to unveil something huge to trump everything.

GCX

VOOK said:
And Nintendo at TGS? Only if it's to unveil something huge to trump everything.
Yeah, unveiling of the Wiimote is pretty much the only time I remember Nintendo having any major presence at TGS.

Busty said:

Milo - "Just leave it."

:lol

Busty said:
Hopefully both this and the Sony GameCom conference are going to be streamed live or at least put up 'as live' at some point during the day.

I hope we see Molyneux show off some more of Milo. But this time the model of Milo has a really nasty black eye.

Milo - "Just leave it."

if this were Clffy B then i could believe it.

Sleeker

Busty said:

Milo - "Just leave it."

lol, child protection services would have a hard time resolving that

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
[Nintex] said:
Isn't Molyneux in charge of Rare now, any chance we might see what they're up to?
R0nn said:
What? ...really?
He is Creative Director of Microsoft Game Studios, Europe. Overseeing Rare and still producing games at Lionhead.

Woo-Fu

Banned
TitaniumGroceries said:
If it's not Black and White 3, I'm going to shit.
I don't have to be House to tell you that you're going to shit even if it is Black and White 3.

After being a longtime pc gamer, my approach to Molyneaux is to ignore everything he says, ignore the game reviews, and then ask people 1-2 weeks after release what they think of his latest game.

Top Bottom