• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon DS - Video Updates Thread (Trailer 2 now up! Developer revealed!)

duckroll

http://bd.namco-ch.net/

The site just updated with a battle video in the System section. Looks... okay I guess.

duckroll said:
New trailer's up: mms://221.243.119.235/ds_bluedragon/ds_bluedragonpv_1m_39sxl.wmv

New achievements for this thread:

Put it in the tubes! - Upload the trailer on Youtube and link it - 50G

The hypetrain moves on! - The thread surpasses 150 replies - 100G

Gogogogogogo!

duckroll said:
The developer is Tri-Crescendo. SHOCKING! :O

KWA223

Banned
That's a damn shame too :(
Blue Dragon needs a little more love.

Buy it for Lost Odyssey 2 at least GAF

Tailzo

I had actually forgot a new Blue Dragon game was coming. Surprising, since I liked Blue Dragon on 360 a lot.

Sipowicz

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
btw. this game has online wifi, right ?

i hope so. the phnatasy star online on ds does and i find ds games are far more likely to have online than psp games

this is one of my most anticipated games on ds

it looks much better than the other one on ds and it seems like an action oriented version of the new dragon quest

i'm just a bit worried that namco wont bring it out in english

I like the look of it! Fuck you turn-based! Thats the main reason I probably won't ever complete Blue Dragon 1, because the battles all feel so slow and boring.

Chairhome

In case anyone was wondering what the barcode at the bottom of the front page leads to, it has some japanese text that I can't decipher or paste (cause of my work computer) and a link. http://wpp.jp/bd (looks like the link only works on mobile devices... and its not working on my phone for some reason, haha)

SecretBonusPoint said:
I like the look of it! Fuck you turn-based! Thats the main reason I probably won't ever complete Blue Dragon 1, because the battles all feel so slow and boring.

Play on hard mode.

Neil

Lol the music playing on that site is almost identical to a piece in Final Fantasy 7. Nobuo running out of ideas?

Trailer looks quite nice. Although not having played the previous DS game left me completely clueless with all those Nene-things, and everyone having a shadow.

Anso

I'll buy it just to make sure Mistwalker gets my money. However, this game CLEARLY needs more turn-based battles with aged skill systems. I'm not even kidding.

Neil said:
Lol the music playing on that site is almost identical to a piece in Final Fantasy 7. Nobuo running out of ideas?

What piece?

Haunted

At least the framerate looks on par with the 360 version.
lulz

So now we've got a jRPG, an SRPG and an ARPG in the Blue Dragon series. What will the next entry be? WRPG outsourced to Bioware?

duckroll

Anso said:
I'll buy it just to make sure Mistwalker gets my money. However, this game CLEARLY needs more turn-based battles with aged skill systems. I'm not even kidding.

Also, here's a youtube link for people who wants to kill anything that ends with .asx: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9IWTG5aHk

Erm, did you even bother clicking on the site? There's a new battle video, not the ancient trailer which is almost a year old now.

Sipowicz

Banned
Haunted said:
At least the framerate looks on par with the 360 version.
lulz

So now we've got a jRPG, an SRPG and an ARPG in the Blue Dragon series. What will the next entry be? WRPG outsourced to Bioware?

blue dragon chronicles: the darker brotherhood

Anso

duckroll said:
Erm, did you even bother clicking on the site? There's a new battle video, not the ancient trailer which is almost a year old now.

My bad, misread and misclicked. I'll go back to crying in a corner now.

Baloonatic said:
Is Blue Dragon Plus at all worth playing? Didn't get released in PAL land so I never bothered but I might import it.

Yes it did? Ignition Entertainment handled it if I'm not mistaken..

EDIT: Watched the battle vid. Looks decent but I stand by my MOAR TURN-BASED statement. Also, the boss battle track is almost good without Deep Purple's singer :lol

Takao

Banned
Sipowicz said:
i'm just a bit worried that namco wont bring it out in english

Blue Dragon Plus was brought out by Ignition. It'd suspect that the DS versions would likely be handled by them. Then again, the franchise hasn't done well in the US, the anime is toast, the toys and CCG are also toast.

Takao

Banned
Tailzo said:
How are the BD games selling in Japan?

The BD game for 360 is the best selling 360 game in Japan, IIRC. But as most would know, that isn't saying much. I can't remember if Blue Dragon Plus did well.

Nif

Still waiting for Sakaguchi to do some turn based games again. :/ This might be fun, though. I'll wait for impressions.

wrowa

Tailzo said:
How are the BD games selling in Japan?
Blue Dragon barely missed the 200k milestone. Which is actually pretty decent for a current-gen RPG.That shows more the sad state of the genre than anything else though.

The best way to express BDPlus' sales is: LOL ROFL LOL.

Tailzo

wrowa said:
Blue Dragon barely missed the 200k milestone. Which is actually pretty decent for a current-gen RPG.That shows more the sad state of the genre than anything else though.

The best way to express BDPlus' sales is: LOL ROFL LOL.
Ok, thanks.

Looks pretty decent. I don't like the switch to real time combat though, it would have been nice if they kept the same turn based system and built off that.

Loved the original BD so I'll definitely be picking this up. Still haven't played BD+ :\

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
duckroll said:
http://bd.namco-ch.net/

The site just updated with a battle video in the System section. Looks... okay I guess.

NOT SURE IF WANT

Also: When the hell did everyone and their mother get shadows? In the DS sequel to the 360 RPG?
I haven't completed Blue Dragon yet. Goddamn button mashing achievement/Mechat Shooting stage 3 preventing me from doing that out of OCD

Top Bottom