• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III Announced

DogWelder

NfB4U.jpg

Scuba Steve said:
I hope it's not aimed for this generation
So you want it for 2012ish? o_O

I want engine tweaks. Fable 2 was far, far too buggy. Other than that, I'm not too sure what big changes I want to come from a sequel. I quite liked the humour and style of Fable 2.

Did not expect this so soon. Even a release at the end of next year seems early. Did like the first two games, will be this without a doubt. That artwork looks great, would love to climb those mountains while slashing bandits.

Tonza

makingmusic476 said:
Damn Sony, always announcing games waaay before release.

What are you trying to say?

Anyways, I didn't expect Fable III this soon. And I kinda hoped the next Fable to be in a modern setting. (though I don't think it would fit "fable")

Zhuk

Banned
What details about the game sound amazing, the idea of being a ruler in Albion has endless possibilities.

Furthermore, steampunk setting looks to be confirmed :)

billy.sea

Banned
Looks like the same artstyle all over again. These classic European artstyle bored me to death. Imagine there is a Fable game that take place modern day, that would be awesome.

So long as I can still just run around exploring random shit and beating down goblins, I'll be content. The whole premise seems to be rather imposing towards that concept, however.

It would be nice if they could increase the difficulty somewhat. Or at least give us the option to choose at the beginning. Fable II was laughably easy.

Zen

Banned
After Fable I and II I've learned my lesson. I was hoping for something different based upon the teaser materials.

Almak

billy.sea said:
Looks like the same artstyle all over again. These classic European artstyle bored me to death. Imagine there is a Fable game that take place modern day, that would be awesome.
Seems like that's what they're working up towards with the timeline.
Fable 8 = believe!

billy.sea said:
I'm the opposite. I think Fable's artstyle is one of its strongest points. :D

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I don't care they're already releasing it in 2010. They've got their engine ready already, it's all about content and some new mechanics (that maybe were already made during II, but for some reason not implemented), who know, have faith for fuck sake.

Animal

Banned
Fable 2 could of been an all time best game ever if it weren't for a few serious shortcomings (graphical artifacts, shipping with too many bugs on launch, serious framerate issues in menu, menu systems design is a disaster, things being done in slow and loady? menu that should of been done in game within hud).

I expect all this to be remedied in Fable 3. I'm anxious to see what they come up with!

Majora

Seeing as Fable 2 sold about 800,000 first month in NPD, this was a no-brainer. I'm surprised that people are surprised to be honest :lol

I really enjoyed Fable 2 while I was playing it, but after putting 40 hours or so into the game and completing the sotryline, I just didn't see any further potential for the game. Once I started on Fallout 3, Fable went back on the shelf and stayed there until I sold it on.

Luckily this sounds different enough from Fable 2 to get me interested again. I like the idea of you being the ruler of Albion, and the early-industrial setting will hopefully lead to a steampunk influence upon the artistic direction, which should be pretty cool.

Top Bottom