• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Not sure if this video compilation of for 21 seasons of promos for (mostly failed) FOX shows is utterly brilliant, or devastatingly sad.

Jeez. You know how you don't think about something for years, not even for a second and then remember it existed? That just happened with me and Girls Club lol

This is also amazing because you can see the Fox Friday night death slot over the years

Whoops new page. Wednesday ratings then!

Fast-Demo-2017-Oct-18.WED_.png

Still better than last season's numbers, but damn at that Riverdale drop. Dynasty hoping that the fact that CBS makes it will save it. It shouldn't shit's a flop.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you guys think that people watched Riverdale last week and realized they would rather binge it instead of watching week by week, as that is how many discovered the show?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do you guys think that people watched Riverdale last week and realized they would rather binge it instead of watching week by week, as that is how many discovered the show?

That's exactly what I was thinking. The wait time wouldn't be any different than waiting for other Netflix originals from their perspective. Heck, they'll have almost twice as many episodes to watch too

If Netflix can produce a good late night talkshow to replace Chelsea, I might have to make my subscription permanent.

Norm Macdonald would be my first choice but that ain't happening. Maybe resurrect The Pete Holmes Show? Or give Jimmy Pardo a chance.

Its actually what I did,
I started Ep1 and watched maybe 20 minutes before I decided to wait and binge some episodes like I did the last 5/6 episodes of Season 1.

ZeroX03

Banned
Guys Riverdale at 0.6 is still better than any episode last season lol. But yeah, the audience is definitely a watch on CW app/Netflix kind of crowd and everyone is well aware of that.

Tamanon

Banned
I think Gotham is doing okay for its timeslot.

Will and Grace is doing amazing, especially with people tuning in just for that show.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Man, there's an evacuation when Great News comes on.

Gotham finally beat The Orville ... when The Orville had a repeat.

Hobbun

Seems Arrow is consistent

Fast-Demo-2017-Oct-19.THU_.png

Is .6 really considered as almost "below average" for a CW show (Arrow)? I had thought .6 was pretty solid for CW.

Will have to admit, the .6 for Orville worries me a bit. Really enjoy this show, would hate to see it not be renewed.

Santiako

Is .6 really considered as almost "below average" for a CW show (Arrow)? I had thought .6 was pretty solid for CW.

Will have to admit, the .6 for Orville worries me a bit. Really enjoy this show, would hate to see it not be renewed.

Orville was a rerun.

abundant

Several years ago, it was nearing it, but now .6 seems to be the average for the CW. The Flash is the only show they have that rates higher then a .6 every week.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Moar reboot!

CBS has shelled out a big pilot production commitment to Magnum P.I., an update of the classic 1980s Tom Selleck series set in Hawaii. It hails from Peter Lenkov, CBS/CBS Studios’ go-to writer for rebooting iconic procedurals who has successfully revived Hawaii Five-0 and MacGyver.

Co-written by Lenkov and fellow Hawaii Five-0 executive producer/showrunner Eric Guggenheim, Magnum P.I. follows Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. With help from fellow vets Theodore “TC” Calvin and Orville “Rick” Wright, as well as that of disavowed former MI:6 agent Juliet Higgins, Magnum takes on the cases no one else will, helping those who have no one else to turn to. Action, adventure and comedy aside, Magnum P.I. will also explore a brotherhood forged by the trauma of combat, what it means to return home an ex-soldier, and a commitment to continuing to serve while in the private sector.

Tom Selleck, who played Magnum P.I. in the original series in one of his signature roles, is on CBS as the star/executive proeucer of long-running cop family drama Blue Bloods and, as part of that, he has a deal at CBS TV Studios. There were discussions about him getting involved in the reboot. I hear he opted not to get formally on board but gave the project his blessing.

Last year, ABC developed Magnum, a sequel to Magnum P.I., from Leverage creator John Rogers and Eva Longoria’s UnbeliEVAble Entertainment. It followed Magnum’s daughter, Lily “Tommy” Magnum, who returns to Hawaii to take up the mantle of her father’s PI firm.

Soulfire

Magnum PI without Selleck starring? The lead better have a glorious mustache at the very least, even then I doubt I'll tune in.
Edit. Missed the part about it being his daughter. Disappointed in the lack of mustache

vypek

Magnum PI without Selleck starring? The lead better have a glorious mustache at the very least, even then I doubt I'll tune in.
Edit. Missed the part about it being his daughter. Disappointed in the lack of mustache

I mean if they really wanted to they could give the daughter a mustache anyways. But that'll cross them into campy comedy like Angie Tribeca.

...I'd check it out

Grizzlyjin

If Magnum PI can come back somebody needs to call David Shore and tell him to get cracking on that Rockford Files reboot again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The guy from JAG basically disappeared didn't he? He was supposed to get lots of shows and whatnot and poof.

Maybe a JAG TNG is the next best thing. Also make them secret agent lawyers, because why not. lol

Every season with these remakes I feel we're getting closer to my vision of a modern day pseudo-remake of the Andy Griffith Show called "Mayberry" or something coming to pass.

Can't wait for the giant crossover with NCIS / Hawaii Five-0 / MacGyver / Magnum P.I. on CBS.

And Scorpion.

Loving the Good Place I hope it's doing good enough to continue, though, since I like it, it will probably be cancelled.

It's ratings aren't anything to brag about, but they have been consistent for the most part and NBC doesn't have a ton of comedies that are doing better. Coupled with the fact it has a good critical reception, I'm not worried too much about it currently.

Top Bottom