• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2009 New TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

1. Melrose Place
Premieres 8th of September, CW

2196vyb.jpg

Cast: Thomas Calabro, Laura Leighton, Katie Cassidy, Colin Egglesfield, Michael Rady, Jessica Lucas, Stephanie Jacobsen, and Ashley-Simpson Wentz

An updated version of the 90s night time soap. This is actually a continuation of the old version with some of the old characters (Michael, Sydney, Jane, and Jo) returning to the series either as a recurring or permanent cast.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXlBmDPsEqE

2. Glee
Premieres 9th of September, FOX

9i8hee.jpg

Cast: Cory Monteith, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz, Chris Colfer, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley and Lea Michele

A musical comedy series that focuses on a high school show choir, also known as a glee club, set within the fictional William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio. The pilot was actually screened a few months ago and was met with critical success.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWrnsASi3c

3. The Vampire Diaries
Premieres 10th of September, CW

2ur3vb5.jpg

Cast: Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder

A TV series adaptation of the YA horror series of novels written by the NYT Bestselling author of the Night World series, L.J. Smith. The story centers around Elena Gilbert, a high school girl torn between two vampire brothers.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8m7Sk81PIk

4. Community
Premieres 17th of September, NBC

33xga2q.jpg

Cast: Chevy Chase, Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Donald Glover, Danny Pudi and Alison Brie

The series centers on Jeff (Joel McHale), a suspended lawyer who is back in school after his college degree is deemed invalid by the State Bar. The show centers on Jeff going to community college and his experience there. At the college, Jeff encounters Pierce (Chevy Chase), an elder student who has been married seven times.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNrPr-UCtog

5. NCIS: Los Angeles
Premieres 22nd of September, CBS

4huqrk.jpg

Cast: Chris O' Donnell, L.L Cool J

It's NCIS. Except it's in LA. Chris O'Donnell will be playing the lead character, Callen, an enigmatic lead agent whose natural talent for undercover work is legend.[9] LL Cool J will be playing the role of Special Agent Sam Hanna, an ex-Navy SEAL, who works in the undercover unit of NCIS in Los Angeles, and is also fluent in Arabic and an expert on Middle Eastern culture.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0RArILbBE

6. Eastwick
Premieres 23th of September, ABC

2nq86lz.jpg

Cast: Rebecca Romijn, Paul Gross, Lindsay Price and Jaime Ray Newman

A TV series adaptation of "The Witches of Eastwick". Three women with witchcraft power gets to meet the Devil, who creates a havoc in their lives.

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFtp-rnfz7A

7. FlashForward
Premiers 24th of September, ABC

j81y82.jpg

Cast: Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Sonya Walger, Dominic Monaghan, Peyton List

Humanity falls unconscious for 2 minutes. In the subsequent aftermath, they realize that during those 2 minutes, they saw a FlashForward of their lives 6 months later.
More description here

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0kXeW3C6k

8. V
Premieres 3rd of November, ABC

2czacxy.jpg

Cast: Elizabeth Mitchell, Morena Baccarin, Joel Gretsch, Scott Wolf

An updated version of the old TV series starring Jane Badler and Marc Singer. Flying saucers suddenly arrive on Earth and its occupants claim that they come in peace to bring technological advance to humanity. But are they really what they claim to be?

Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQoSCEMzJYE

So GAF, which new show you're going to watch if any? Or are you just going to stick with returning old shows like Fringe, Supernatural, etc?

Ashhong

i will watch every new show, even NCIS which i usually dont because of the cast. not sure about the vampire diaries though, its going to have to impress

Flashforward and V I'll definetly be checking out. Eastwick looks like it could be fun, I'll probably have a look at the first ep or so of that.

Other than that I'm just looking forward to the fuckton of stuff that's coming back. Starting with Dollhouse veeeeerry soon, then I think it's Dexter after that.

I need to find a list....

Edit: Checked out the Community trailer, looks like it could be alright I might give that a look too.

Edit some more: Ooooooo apparenlty it's Dollhouse, House, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother and Dexter all starting back this month. So. Much. Win.

Community is the only one out of that list that catches my eye - is it supposed to be good?

Maybe V, maybe FlashForward
probably Vampire Diaries

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Only new show there i'm likely to watch is 'flashforwards' and maybe 'V'.

Ashhong

DMczaf said:
9i8hee.jpg

Is it a requirement to look like a douchebag on this show?

how about you try watching the show first

and theres only one NCIS so far stuburns (but i get what you thought you were saying)

You know, I actually kinda hate series premiers - it's so hard to tell what shows will actually be good. I avoided LOST for like a year because I thought the premise was stupid.

ZeoVGM

Banned
stuburns said:
FlashForward and V both for me.
Another NCIS? Fucking hell those shows are garbage.

"Those shows?"

There's only one. And it's pretty awesome.

But yeah, looking forward to Community, NCIS: LA, and I'll check out FlashForward and V, but I'm not expecting much.

Ceres

Banned
V and Flashforward for sure. I'm also going to check out Glee.

I'll wait on Community. Commercials for it have been more annoying than funny.

Mashing

For me, Caprica (not listed--but it's not really a Fall show), V and Flash Forward sounds interesting. Community might be interesting considering I work at a community college so I know exactly how they are.

Tamanon

Banned
An NCIS without Abby is a garbage idea.

Looking forward to Community though, will also look into FlashForward.

near

Gold Member
I'll try V, FlashForward, Eastwick and maybe Melrose Place, but I see most of these turning out dull. I guess the only show I know I'll see through from start to finish this season will be Fringe S2! :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
There is only ONE NCIS, which BTW is an AWESOME show.

35ivbki.jpg

Gibbs would eat LL and Chris for lunch.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
All of those new shows does not even look good. That Vampire show has Twilight and 90120 written all over it.

Excited for Flashfoward, V too... but it is still a long way off :(

Might give Eastwick a go, as, erm, I liked Charmed :eek:

Looks like ABC have nailed what I like this time round

Still miss Journeyman... fuck you NBC

Jasoco

Banned
Revengeance said:
Community is the only one out of that list that catches my eye - is it supposed to be good?
I watched the first episode on FaceBook and say yes. It is.

It is also the only show I am interested in. The rest are returning season 2 favorites like Better Off Ted and Parks and Recreation.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Very skeptical about V and Flashforward, but I'll give them a chance.

Community looks like a decent timewaster though. I'll definitely tune into that one as well.

harSon

Banned
Phobophile said:
I wanna watch Community because it has the black dude from Derrick Comedy.

Mystery Team (Movie) looks pretty good too, he's probably the only person I can think of that has made a legitimate transition from Youtube to Hollywood.

Talon

I'm pretty excited about FlashForward because of Goyer and the cast (mainly Fiennes). Community looks amusing and hopefully V doesn't become overwrought (only memory of the old series is the
birth
).

I saw the pilot for Glee. My friend liked it a lot because it was cheesy, but I'm not really interested. The teacher was likable, though.

Yaweee

Flasforward, V, Community, and Eastwick seem like they could be good, though the latter's casting kind of gives away that a character will be eating it on Eureka soon.

Looking forward to Day One in March.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Not sure about NCIS LA. I love NCIS, but that 2 part ep they did to introduce the LA crew didn't work for me. Maybe they'll grow into it but there wasn't any of the great chemistry the NCIS crew has going.

And no Abby (though her character will apparently be making a few cameo's on LA).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
stuburns said:
That's how bad they are, that show just runs into the CSI shit in my head. The only difference is the hot woman.

I can't stand CSI and it's spinoffs, but I like NCIS. Law and Order shows are also usually good in small does, but NCIS is great. Cast plays so well off each other.

Yaweee

:lol

The guy on Community is from the Butt Dialing commercial. I knew those two were destined for great things :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom