• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain - A Neogaf Official Thread on the Gaming Forum

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
w96u89.jpg

110g5nb.jpg

• Developer | Quantic Dream

• Publisher | Sony Computer Entertainment

• Platform | PlayStation 3

• Genre | Adventure // Interactive Drama

• Keywords | Film Noir, Thriller, Mature Theme, Dark & Atmospheric

2m7itzt.jpg

28vxhdj.jpg

qxmh3t.jpg

10shy5l.jpg

The exclusive to HMV Collector's edition comes with the following:

• Exclusive Embossed Slipcase Sleeve

• Inpack Voucher To Download The Following Digital Content:

• Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme

• Heavy Rain Official Soundtrack (7 tracks, containing the main orchestral themes, recorded at Abbey Road Studios)

• Episode 1 of the Heavy Rain Chronicles - The 'Taxidermist' scene

Other pre-order incentives:

• Amazon, Gamestop & Gamecrazy (US) | Heavy Rain Chronichles Episode 1 DLC (RRP: $4.99)

Pre-order Heavy Rain and get Heavy Rain Chronicles: Chapter 1 - The Taxidermist, a downloadable episode.

Amazon state they will e-mail the access code within ten business days after the game releases. Limit one per customer.

2s1lpn8.jpg

dxzqmw.jpg

An official demo is to be released on the PS Network on the 11th February 2010 (EU/NA confirmed). It was made available 1 week early for those who successfully completed in the 4 Day Challenge on the official site.

The demo features the following:

• Tutorial

• Sleazy Place (feat. Scott Shelby)

• Crime Scene (feat. Norman Jayden)

• Options

• Heavy Rain Trailer

x6c5cl.jpg

• Release date | 16th February 2010 (rumoured)

• Publisher | Sony

Recorded at Abbey Road Studios by acclaimed Canadian composer Normand Corbeli and the game's Director David Cage. Normand also composed the soundtrack for Cage's last game, Indigo Prophecy (Farenheit).

34ork07.jpg

6p59g4.jpg

A successful architect who is married with 2 sons. Ethan's life takes a tragic turn when his first son is involved in a car accident. We start to follow Ethan 2 years after this tragedy - where he is divorced, living alone in a filthy house and a shadow of his former self. Ethan's life takes another turn for the worse where his last son - Shaun - is kidnapped by the "Origami Killer". He has just four days to save him, where we find out how much he is prepared to sacrifice for someone he loves.

5v41ft.jpg

A fetching female reporter who's prepared to go to great lengths to uncover the mystery surrounding the Origami Killer.

Not too much is known about Madison though it's heavily suggested she suffers with insomnia.

2cwspxj.jpg

A Private Detective - Scott Shelby has been hired to investigate and try and uncover the identity of the Origami Killer, as service tpo those who have lost friends and loved ones to the serial killer. Described by Quantic Dream's co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière, as someone straight out of a Film Noir - and still living in the 60s.

It is known that Shelby suffers from asthma.

nx9lw8.jpg

An FBI Agent who is placed onto the case and tasked with finding the identity of the Origami Killer. His partner Martin Grayson, is just days away from retirement.

Like Madison not much is known about Norman other than he is addicted the prescription drug: Triptocaine.

rtlras.jpg

vy1jpt.jpg

2qkqgav.jpg

(thanks to N30RYU in the pics thread)

s3m4ir.jpg

100% | Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)\

100 | Gamepro

100 | GameBlog

100 | GamAlive

100 | Examiner

99 | NextGen News

97 | Video Vibes

95 | Game Informer

95 | GameInfomer

95 | Jeux Video Network

37/40 | Famitsu (10, 9, 8, 10)

92 | JeuxActu

92 | GamingXP

91 | 1UP

91 | Games Master UK

90 | VideoGamer

90 | Eurogamer

90 | IGN UK

90 | Play3-Live

90 | Consoleo

90 | Playstation Official Magazine UK

90 | Eurogamer.fr

90 | PlayFrance

90 | Pelaaja Magazine

88 | PSM3 Magazine UK

88 | PSM3 Magazine

85 | tom's GAMES

80 | Gamekyo

80 | Dengeki Magazine

75 | Jeuxvideo

60 | Gamekult

(Scores via MetaCritic and provided by N30RYU)

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Just two weeks away today! Hopefully I'm not too early with the thread :D

If there's decent interest I might put together some avatars over the next few days.

Mariner

Best official thread ever. Great job.

God the japanese box art is terrible. :lol Though the game looks great and that's what matters. :p

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Haven't been paying much attention for this in fear of spoilers but I'm totally hyped for it. Only doubts I have are the quick time events, I totally suck at them and I really hope they don't end up ruing the game for me.

... Oh and US box art is fucking awful :lol

I still hate the NA boxart with a passion, but i'll be there day one. Question, though... is the taxidermist DLC a prequel of sorts to the main story? Should I play that first (if it comes out same day as release)?

Blablurn

i attended a german press event for heavy rain today. it's such a great game. i only played a couple of minutes but it was really, really fun! can't wait for the full version.

the bus where the event took place. pretty cool.

214bdkw.jpg

CozMick

Banned
Absolutely bloody adored the demo.

It's definitely a day one buy and will probably pick up the Collectors Edition aswell :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be playing this at some point. Would be day one if my life wasn't kind of in upheaval at the moment.

How long will the game be? How many hours each story? Are the stories tied together or do you get to pick which to play, thanks.

Jb

dreamer3kx said:
How long will the game be? How many hours each story? Are the stories tied together or do you get to pick which to play, thanks.

-8-10 hours
-?
-Pretty sure the stories are tied

NeoUltima said:
US boxart is shit.

Is my least favorite I agree :D

The japanese one looks very good.
The different characters you can play are all very good and have their qualitys.

The game is something very fresh and I like it.

stupei

I disagree. This is clearly not a Neogaf Official Thread. First of all, there is only one post for the OP.

I like it.

GQman2121

Banned
Excellent job on the OP Juno. Thumbs up!

Zeliard said:
Man, the U.S. box art really is dogshit, especially when you compare it to the other two.

I would actually hang those on a my wall if they were the size of movie posters. The NA one needs to die in a fire...........

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think they may have changed the US boxart to be the same as the European one. At the end of the trailer on the demo it shows it with an ESRB M rating on it.

Nice OP BTW

Top Bottom