• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain - A Neogaf Official Thread on the Gaming Forum

the Aus(?) boxart is by far the best.

Didn't really care about this game until I played the demo. I thought the walking controls were terrible, the graphics and voice acting were pretty mixed, but damn if it didn't make me want to play the game.

Joei

I am really looking forward to playing this game. I just recently heard about it and it sounds very interesting. I'll wait to download the demo the 11th rather than do the stuff online, but it is definitely on my radar. There are just sooooo many games coming out. :D Just bought Darksiders and Bioshock 2, FF13 in 4 weeks, possibly this, a few PS3 online games, man... my pockets are going to take a hurting....

The image in the bottom left thumbnail of the screenshot section links to the wrong image in the OP. Thought I'd let you know...

Very excited for this game

agm2502

Just ordered the special edition from HMV. Hopefully it arrives on the 25th as its my birthday! can't wait for it, loved the demo.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Day 1...:D

Also I hope it sells well...I know it will have a base...whether it will be a big base I'm not too sure.

N30RYU

Gold Member
All the scores right now (range 0-100):

·Official PlayStation Magazine UK - 90
·gamingxp - 92
·GamesMaster - 91
·Video Vibes - 97
·Jeux Video Network - 95
·GameBlog - 100
·GamAlive - 100
·Eurogamer.fr - 90
·Jeuxvideo - 75
·PlayFrance - 90
·JeuxActu - 80
·tom's GAMES - 85
·Gamekult - 60
·PlayStation The Official Magazine US - 100
·Pelaaja Magazine - 90
·Gamekyo - 80
·GameInfomer - 95
·Play3-Live - 90
·Consoleo - 90
·PSM3 Magazine - 88
·Famitsu - 93
·Dengeki Magazine - 80
·NextGen News - 99

The average right now based on 23 reviews is 89/100

Torillian

Neo Member
I read on these forums recently that Heavy Rain had a review embargo but I didn't remember what date was mentioned and I'm having trouble finding the post again. Does anyone know when the review embargo will be lifted if it hasn't already?

Thank you for the reply and it's a great thread btw.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Torillian said:
I read on these forums recently that Heavy Rain had a review embargo but I didn't remember what date was mentioned and I'm having trouble finding the post again. Does anyone know when the review embargo will be lifted if it hasn't already?

tomorrow

I don't like the US Box and don't really care for the JP box. The European box would be awesome if you got rid of that giant flower rating and replaced it with an ESRB logo. =)

Oops didn't realize I hit reply again instead of edit. My mistake! Sorry

N30RYU

Gold Member
The euro cover art is the best, but the title font is worst than the US and Japanese one.
Why the hell have they changed it....

Dogenzaka

Banned
Torillian said:

Tomorrow.

Masamuna

I'm so going to be there day 1, picking up random objects and placing them back down over and over again.

Oh, and
digital man butt
too!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Importing CE from UK!

DR2K said:
Reserved at GS for the episode 1 dlc. Will be there day 1.
You get the episode 1 dlc everywhere you pre-order it, including Amazon.
Just fyi if you prefer Amazon.

Torgo

Alright, I just uploaded my review to our site. It is scheduled to post at exactly 11 a.m. CST tomorrow. I hope y'all like it (remember, I'm not a "professional" writer, so be gentle please) :D

The US boxart, while not fantastic, is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. I've actually grown to like the movie-poster feel of it.

On the PS.Blog they have a screen of Jayden from the demo, but the other screen of Shelby isn't from the demo. I wonder why that is, since it is a blog post about the demo coming this Thursday. They must have just put a random screen of Shelby there.

lastinline said:
On the PS.Blog they have a screen of Jayden from the demo, but the other screen of Shelby isn't from the demo. I wonder why that is, since it is a blog post about the demo coming this Thursday. They must have just put a random screen of Shelby there.

It's probably just a random screen, but we'll know for sure on Thursday.

seady

As an architecture student, I can't wait to see how Ethan's story pans out. (probably not going to have much to do with the game though other than simply a background info)

Top Bottom