• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain - A Neogaf Official Thread on the Gaming Forum

Baki

Played the demo. Frickin' awesome. They nailed the atmosphere and the soundtrack is all sorts of awesome. Can't be there day one (not enough time/money) but definitely getting this down the line.

Kuraudo

Banned
ARI comment: Demo provided a compelling glimpse of the game. I look forward to further investigation of the full retail product.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Hopefully this'll be out here before the US/EU street date as I'm only going to be home until the 23rd.

DCharlie

Banned
when i looked at the Japanese box art, i heard the Jaws theme in my head.

OH MY GOD, It'S A GIANT NOSE!

EVERYONE OFF THE BEACH EVERYONE OFF THE BEACH!

(assuming the JPN version is sub'ed so i guess JGAF gets it a little early - sweet!)

I have enjoyed Indigo Prophecy, will buy this when more reviews are as positive as the first ones.

Lol at banner: Guilt, Love, Fear, Lamp.

painey

I love lamp.

Pre-ordered for £37 but the collectors edition is a fiver more.. not sure if I should upgrade, especially as Im planning on flogging it when im done with it..

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I did the 4 day thing twice and both my codes were invalid... I figured I'd just wait. Either way the graphics in this game are insane, hopefully this game can generate some hype, nobody I talk to knows about it.

Great job on the thread Juno well done.
I can't believe this game is coming out already. I am definitely picking it up day one but probably wont have a chance to delve into it for some time. Damn You ManEater!

rataven

Gorgeous OP! Very fitting to the game. Loved the demo; now just two more agonizingly long weeks to go!

That collector's edition looks sweet.

Stike

Great OP!

Nobody here mentioned the Famitsu score for Heavy Rain?

Result:
10,9,8,10 = 37/40

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Stike said:
Great OP!

Nobody here mentioned the Famitsu score for Heavy Rain?

Result:
10,9,8,10 = 37/40
Thanks - will add that to the OP now.

Will also be updating over the next day or so with pre-order benefits and the like.

JambiBum

The only thing I didn't like about the demo is the ARI mode. I loved the beginning at the sleazy place. I just felt like ARI was too tedious. At least in that area of the game.

Arnie

That US boxart is the most horrifying thing I've seen since I last searched for "chicken boy" on Youtube. And that's something I don't advocate GAF.

I was about to say I actually like the American box art best, but that font is so fucking atrocious. I don't know what is worse, it casting a shadow on her chest or the incredibly lame way they chose to bold RAIN. The latter is especially glaring compared to the JPN one.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I love the Japanese case.

The EU case is alright, I have no problems with it. The US case, though... icky.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TheExodu5 said:
Ugh that NA boxart is atrocious.

Seriously. Between this and Yakuza I guess it's confirmed that all marketers feel like Americans are assholes and won't be attracted by obtuse box art.

How the hell is regional box art decided anyway? "North American players need to be shown everything from the beginning, so slap as many main characters as possible with curious or determined facial expressions and remember, the less appealing-looking the better. Spare me the subtlety BS." At first it was just an annoyance, but now it's really starting to piss me off.

Like if I didn't know anything about Heavy Rain, the EU version would at least get me to turn the back of the case over.

</nerd rant>

Majmun

Can't wait to play this. The reviews took me by surprise.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I have to admit I don't get the thread title.

I guess it's about the nature of the game. It's like an interactive movie, but it's still a game. So it doesn't belong in the Offtopic Forum, where you talk about movies, but in the Gaming Forum :p

That's the Joke™

Game is #7 on Amazon's top 100, which is very strong 2 weeks prior to release. It is also generating strong buzz amongst casuals.

This is going to be the nichiest game to ever sell 2 million.

Second said:
I guess it's about the nature of the game. It's like an interactive movie, but it's still a game. So it doesn't belong in the Offtopic Forum, where you talk about movies, but in the Gaming Forum :p

That's the Joke™

Ahhh thank you for the explanation good sir that makes sense.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mariner said:
God the japanese box art is terrible. :lol

What? No.

And
The kid that disappears from the mall doesn't survive being hit by a car
, even if
the dad/architech dives in front to try to save him?
Some choice/open-ended story that is. :/

Top Bottom