• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bus Fight: Old White Guy V.S. Young Black Guy in an Arguement Over Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkit

Banned
"It don't have to be a black man that spit shines my shoes...it can be a chinaman."

Just for the record, don't fight people that have "I am a Motherfucker" written on their back.

LQX

Like the punk he is, he went over and hit(or tap like girl if you look close) a dude twice his age and got is face handed to him.:lol

Danielsan

Jesus. I don't know how the argument started but that "old guy" definitely was racist or has some racist tendencies, considering his use of "Chinaman".

However, you don't stir shit up with a dude who looks like Hulk Hogan's obscure brother and you definitely don't try to hit him in the face because he will clearly fuck you up.

ShinAmano

:lol

I love people who talk a big game then learn the hard way. :lol

Also at the girl who said they can press charges when dude clearly instigated and hit first...lol.

X26

Banned
I couldn't even make out what was going on, but good on the old man

and smh @ the old lady, "beat his white ass"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LQX said:
Like a punk he is he went over and hit(or tap like girl if you look close) a dude twice his age and got is face handed to him.:lol

Pretty much.

Didn't pay too much attention to what was said, but yeah, don't go up to a guy and throw a punch (or whatever you want to call the move the guy threw). For an old dude, that guy looked pretty large and in shape. Comment on youtube said he's a ex-marine. Yeah, not a good idea, dude.

X26

Banned
pakkit said:
Stay away from the Youtube comments.

youtube said:
wowdezare (10 seconds ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Oh god dam I would have been so fucking happy to be sitting on that bus with my best friend. we would have been laughing into tears. I almost cried laughing watching it right now.

"what? WHAT?!?" got beat the fuck out of. most people at my school act hard and tough like this and one day im going to do the same shit to them because i dont talk much but i can fight. im slow to get upset but when it happens im going to hurt you.

sounds like a future school shooter

Man, he gave up his rights to press charges with that crap shot to the chest on the old man. What the hell was he thinking? I mean besides "I am going to beat his old ass up."

slider

Danielsan said:
Jesus. I don't know how the argument started but that "old guy" definitely was racist or has some racist tendencies, considering his use of "Chinaman".

Nah, man, that's a bit harsh. His tone at that point sounded pretty conciliatory to me. Especially as there was a younger guy running his mouth off at the time in a fairly threatening manner. I guess phrase-ology from people of a different generation can cause issues though.

ConfusingJazz said:
Man, he gave up his rights to press charges with that crap shot to the chest on the old man. What the hell was he thinking? I mean besides "I am going to beat his old ass up."

There was no charges to press till the kid through the first punch. Which they taped and then even tape themselves stealing the dudes bags. :lol

X26

Banned
Brinbe said:
ahh lawd, damn.

And yeah, best part is the girl, listening to music, doesn't give a shit.

look at her hand, she's scared as shit

don't blame her though

and watching one more time..

- white guy asks black guy to shine his shoes, apparently he's going to a funeral
- black guy takes offense
- white guy insists he's not racist, goes to anotehr seat
- black guy still mad, they still exhancge words, black guy throws first punch
- whtie guy beats down black guy

it's a bit different in this case, asking a random black guy to shien your shoes, but still guy talked too much and got his ass kicked so it worked out. Biggest piece of shit is the one filming who swiped the old guys shit at the end

X26 said:
look at her hand, she's scared as shit

don't blame her though

and watching one more time..

- white guy asks black guy to shine his shoes, apparently he's going to a funeral
- black guy takes offense
- white guy insists he's not racist, goes to anotehr seat
- black guy still mad, they still exhancge words, black guy throws first punch
- whtie guy beats down black guy

it's a bit different in this case, asking a random black guy to shien your shoes, but still guy talked too much and got his ass kicked so it worked out. Biggest piece of shit is the one filming who swiped the old guys shit at the end

Something must've happened before the shoe shining comment

Mudkips

Banned
Danielsan said:
Jesus. I don't know how the argument started but "old guy" definitely was racist.
Considering his use of "Chinaman".

However, you don't stir shit up with a dude who looks like Hulk Hogan's obscure brother and you definitely don't try to hit him in the face because he will clearly fuck you up.

I don't have audio, but calling someone racist for using the term "Chinaman" is ridiculous - especially when you consider his age. There are TONS of terms that are not intentionally offensive - to the contrary, they were considered appropriate at the time.

If an old dude used terms such as "Chinaman" or "Oriental" I wouldn't assume he was a racist - I would assume those were the terms in use in his day.

At the worst you could call him ignorant. But the reality is that in the next 50 years the terms will be changed again and again and even the most "enlightened" college kid of today could look like a racist old fuck by simply not bothering to keep up with arbitrary changes to terminology.

That said - don't fuck with a guy rockin' a beard like that.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Danielsan said:

I don't consider Chinaman any more racist than Englishman, or Frenchman. Chink, Limy, and Frog legs, however, all count as derogatory terms when used against their respective nationalities. If Chinaman is used to refer to any Asian, that's just more ignorant than racist.

I think the white guy was trying to get across that it didn't matter who shined his middle class shoes, and the moron got beat down because he was all up in his own head.

Danielsan

Enosh said:
"say it again pinky"

looks like the old lady has also a little racism in her :D
Definitely.

The old dude gets respect point from me for trying to remove himself from the conflict by seating himself elsewhere. Shit should have ended there.

doomed1 said:
I don't consider Chinaman any more racist than Englishman, or Frenchman. Chink, Limy, and Frog legs, however, all count as derogatory words. I think the white guy was trying to get across that it didn't matter who shined his middle class shoes, and the moron got beat down because he was all up in his own head.
You're probably right. I instantly got flashbacks to the Big Lebowski conversation. :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwW-lC4tERY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom