• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bus Fight: Old White Guy V.S. Young Black Guy in an Arguement Over Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Two assholes get into a fight. Bigger asshole wins!

Edit: I'm referring to physical size, btw.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, the old guy verbage of the asian slang is bad, but the whole spit shine his shoes part, if I'm following the limited conversation in the video, he had thought the black guy had offered to do that, when I guess he didn't. Black guy perceives being harassed by a racist, and "Here we.....go"

Video tape shows nothing but battery and death threats (at the end "I'll kill that Nigga if I see him") on the part of the black guy, self defense to possible battery by the white guy, and theft by the camera operator (Though, not sure, was that the same bag the old guy had? Old guy did leave the bag on the bus, but the bag picked up looked different)

Jeff-DSA

He got the least of what he deserved. The guy got up and moved to the other end of the bus and the idiot still pursued him. He's lucky he still has teeth...not that he deserves them.

noisome07

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
The most racist person was the old lady

What's even more fucked up is the person behind the camera taking the old guy's shit and then saying "we can press charges" and "we got it all on tape" when clearly the younger guy got up and started shit back up after the old dude went and sat far away. =/

He went over and threw a timid half hearted punch and the old guy lit him up. Moral of the story - Don't start fights if you can't back it up.

So two tards get into a fight. How am I supposed to take side in this? They both should've ended up "leaking", including some of the other people on the bus. Not the white girl though, not because she's pretty silly gaf, but because she clearly was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Feel sorry for her.

Oh, and you go ahead and press charges woman, I'm sure you'll do well in court! :lol

daycru

Impossible to tell who started the beef but the white dude removed himself from the conflict going as far away as he could. Judging from his punch, it wasn't for fear of getting his ass kicked.

doomed1 said:
I don't consider Chinaman any more racist than Englishman, or Frenchman. Chink, Limy, and Frog legs, however, all count as derogatory terms when used against their respective nationalities. If Chinaman is used to refer to any Asian, that's just more ignorant than racist.

I think the white guy was trying to get across that it didn't matter who shined his middle class shoes, and the moron got beat down because he was all up in his own head.

It took place in the US, he might just be old, but there is way too much baggage attached to the term "Chinaman." Its not necessarily racist, but it sure as hell isn't polite.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Souldriver said:
So two tards get into a fight. How am I supposed to take side in this? They both should've ended up "leaking", including some of the other people on the bus. Not the white girl though, not because she's pretty silly gaf, but because she clearly was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Feel sorry for her.
She actually seemed pretty calm just listening to her music. :lol

Are people in this thread being a little too PC? I don't think he meant anything negative from Chinamen. :/

Edit: read, ConfusingJazz's post. I see.

suupabuu

Banned
Linked from youtube comments.

Great video, great punch, and a great guy with an awesome T-Shirt.

Unfortunately, the majority of whites that watch this are rejoicing like they just won an OJ case. Go America!

Apath

Mudkips said:
I don't have audio, but calling someone racist for using the term "Chinaman" is ridiculous - especially when you consider his age. There are TONS of terms that are not intentionally offensive - to the contrary, they were considered appropriate at the time.

If an old dude used terms such as "Chinaman" or "Oriental" I wouldn't assume he was a racist - I would assume those were the terms in use in his day.

At the worst you could call him ignorant. But the reality is that in the next 50 years the terms will be changed again and again and even the most "enlightened" college kid of today could look like a racist old fuck by simply not bothering to keep up with arbitrary changes to terminology.

That said - don't fuck with a guy rockin' a beard like that.
I didn't know that was racist. I thought it was a more PC term for saying 'asian' since Asia also includes Russia, India, etc.

Raydeen

I think the black guy would have just been happy to let it go if it wasn't for the trash talker opposite him goading him on. It's funny the cowards always hide behind their little mobile phones.

And as Sheriden said in B5 "Don't start a fight, but sure as he'll finish one".

KHarvey16

Chinaman just sounds kinda old fashioned. It's one of those that could potentially be said with prejudice or just a name they used.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Really though the most racist part was when he went and sat in the front of the bus.

MisterHero

The video will probably be inadmissable, because by being leaked all over the internet, it's swaying public opinion and thus potentially creating jury bias.

or are my Law & Order recollections wrong

pakkit said:
But it is.
Oh no, this thread is going to end up in a discussion on whether everyone in the world should consider a word racist because one particular region/country considers it racist, is it?

Alucrid

Banned
samus i am said:
He went over and threw a timid half hearted punch and the old guy lit him up. Moral of the story - Don't start fights if you can't back it up.

He looked like he was trying to fist bump his chest. :lol

Oh, and the quote at the end, "Go through dat shit HAHAHAHAWHAWHAW" pissed me off. Also, the dude needs to cover his nose or something, idiot.

noisome07

Banned
Souldriver said:
Oh no, this thread is going to end up in a discussion on whether everyone in the world should consider a word racist because one particular region/country considers it racist, is it?

Na, people already cleared that up. No more speaketh of it!

Money

Banned
hey got his ass WHOOPED...you dont hit people unless you expect to get hit back...I wish the part was on there on what started the fight, something about the black guy thought the white guy asked him if he would shine his shoes? The old guy did try to walk away and sit somewhere else, and he kept going up to him. He should have left him be.

Lonestar

Yeah, guess that was the old guy's bag. The one lady said to the camerawoman "go through that shit haha"

Money

Banned
suupabuu said:
Unfortunately, the majority of whites that watch this are rejoicing like they just won an OJ case. Go America!

Yeah cause cutting two peoples heads near off is the same as punching someone in the nose.

Lonestar

Best part of the video, it ends on the public bench that says "Keep our City: CLEAN AND SAFE do your part" :lol

Norml

Awesome for the old man.:D

Black guy was lucky old man had self control and he didn't start the sucker punch before him,would have been lights out I bet.

Bus driver should have pulled over and booted someone off. Stupid shit like this happened all the time on the Cleveland RTA. A good driver will pull over and talk the asshole off the bus, or call the transit police.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Youtube makes segregation look like a great idea sometimes. I fear the future.

I don't fear for the future. It's the present that's fucked.

I've had assholes try to start shit at the bus stop as well. You just need to shut them up / put them in their place. Assuming the deck isn't stacked against you obviously.

Instro

The girl holding the camera pissed me off the most, she was instigating the whole thing and then stole the dudes bag at the end.

Great shirt though, old man was not one to be fucked with. More importantly though, buses suck, never ride one.

Sanjuro

I mean with this video it's pretty open shut what happened regardless of what led up to the situation...so there isn't any intangibles really.

The "chinaman" comment really has no meaning here. It is offensive. However I would say a large percentage of the American population doesn't find it that way and if used most likely in a manner that a Asian wouldn't take offense / possibly clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom