• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

turnbuckle

Nightz said:
LJ I should be available after 5 pm PST tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been available like I usually am. Just been busy with work, as well as planning how to propose to the girlfriend (picking up the ring tomorrow after work!). :D

Congrats dude. If her name is Sarah, just have her play this game in a park with a jumbotron saying "will you marry me Sarah".

Ok, don't do that. :D

Nightz

turnbuckle said:
Congrats dude. If her name is Sarah, just have her play this game in a park with a jumbotron saying "will you marry me Sarah".

Ok, don't do that. :D
lol thanks. Definitely NOT doing that. :lol

LiveWire

Nightz said:

Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Now the words "Marry Me" in the endzone of Qualcomm in Madden, now THAT is more like it. :lol Congrats btw!

eznark

Banned
Nightz said:

Make sure to "ask" her dad and mom. It will buy you years of friendliness from the in-laws. Also do it in front of her family if you can.

I proposed to my wife at her parents 25th wedding anniversary surprise party. It was like the Eddie Haskel style of proposals!

Live, can you play today?

Nightz

LiveWire said:
Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Now the words "Marry Me" in the endzone of Qualcomm in Madden, now THAT is more like it. :lol Congrats btw!
:lol

eznark said:
Make sure to "ask" her dad and mom. It will buy you years of friendliness from the in-laws. Also do it in front of her family if you can.

I proposed to my wife at her parents 25th wedding anniversary surprise party. It was like the Eddie Haskel style of proposals!
I think I'm set with her parents. Her mom loves me and her dad used to work with my dad so he's cool with me. I'm definitely planning to ask her father though, but unfortunately I can't do it in person. He's a mechant marine so he's on a ship somewhere near Asia and the only way to get in contact with him is through e-mail. I'll send him an e-mail sometime next week. My girlfriend told me that if I ever planned to propose, DO NOT tell her mom. She wants to be surprised when I propose, but if I tell her mom, she'll turn right around and tell my girlfriend. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX,

Sorry about last night. For some reason, I did not hear your IMs chime in on my PC. I was playing BC2 on X360 and never heard a thing.

I have a softball game to pitch tonight at 930EST, but if I can, I might be able to squeeze a game in at 730EST.

To be honest, I am not feeling good about this league. I think I need to make a decision, but I am waiting for LJ's final word on this latest wave of resignations.

rareside

I'm around again tonight should anyone want a game.

Might be on some SMG2 as well, so you might have to hit me via PM or AIM @ rareside

LJ11

Had to decide 25 games this week. There was one particular player who was way above 500, was in the playoff mix, but by my estimation had only played 2 series. That's pretty retarded. I can't just hand guys 3 wins, there's really no fun in that.

It's either was start fresh with a solid/small group of players, or we just shitcan the whole thing.

eznark

Banned
I vote we start fresh, this league seems essentially dead. The only person even trying to get a game in with me is Live. Of the two series that have been sim'd for me, one was because of a weird connection bug and the other was because FMT was moving, so while I have way way more sims than I would like, there wasn't a lot that could be done about it.

rareside

Why not just let the people that want to quit quit, and let the rest of the people finish out the league? We've already put this much time into the league, no sense in killing it after we waited so long to even get it off the ground. If anyone else drops, that's cool. But please put someone in the Top8 as commish so things can run smoothly until playoffs start.

Regarding the quitters--- it's not going to affect the playoff hunt.. You're not really awarding anyone "WINS" in the sense that everyone is going to get them. Thus, the only games that really matter are going to be against human opponents..

turnbuckle

Could the current league's commish be passed on to someone who wants the season to continue while a second, more concentrated league with all the chaff removed is formed? I wouldn't mind participating in both - that way we can get a clean reboot with a group that seems committed while the current league still exists for those of us who would like to see it to its messy conclusion.

Mrbob

I really don't care either way...I'd love to start playing some opponents though. Seems like every other series I have this season someone isn't there.

rareside

Seems like we're 4 series away from the entire schedule opening up. Once that happens, commish can sim all games caused by quitters and people can setup games with remaining human opponents.

We can realistically begin playoffs in about 2 weeks (maybe 3--depends on amount of quitters?). It sucks that so many people quit, but it isn't fucked.

I'm also down for the new slim-league too. No reason both can't exist.

LJ11

No, I can't sim all games when the schedule opens up, 5 day waiting period, so this will take another month or more to finish regardless.

JambiBum

I'm good either way. I haven't had a game to play in a while so I wouldn't mind a fresh league. Been twiddling my thumbs since I played pete.

rareside

This game fucking rocks!! Nothing better than 9th inning, down by 3, and scoring 4 in the 9th to win it against one of your biggest rivals!

Doytch

I don't have strong feelings, but I'd lean towards to a new league. If only for the selfish reason of not having to manually delete 30 messages about games being auto-decided. :lol

rareside

Let's setup this new league!! Like you guys I just like to play. Whether it's exhibition or league, I'll be around.

I like the idea of 10teams max. Keep the players who've been the most active.

The league should be setup with 3 game series like the first league, but set it to one day per series and make sure that auto-resolve is OFF. That should make the league completely open to play games when you have time and we'll no longer be waiting around and/or receiving tons of junk emails.

I'll set it up the new league tonight if no one else has yet. Let's play some baseball!

BigAT

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Man, I could care less :lol. Either way, i just wanna be in a Show league. It is way funner.
Agreed, I just want to play some games. Even the negatives of this league so far still make it better than playing randoms online.

LJ11

So far we have:

myself
ez
frank
turn
jambi
dmncn
doytch
bigat
pistolpete
bob??

Sanjuro/Live/DCX, you still want in?

I'm leaning towards a strict 3 day schedule, auto-resolve will be off so I can grant extensions as needed. Flex scheduling will be limited to 1 week ahead, unless you're going on vacation/away.

Rareside, I know you're reliable and all, but I received numerous complaints about your style of play during the course of the season. Thank you for participating, but I'm going to have to leave you out of this one. Hate to do it, but I don't have much of a choice.

LJ11

I'm also going to turn off injuries. It's just random and not realistic at all, had Wieters get hurt on a check swing. Pitchers will still fatigue, so there's no concern on that front.

LJ11 said:
I'm also going to turn off injuries. It's just random and not realistic at all, had Wieters get hurt on a check swing. Pitchers will still fatigue, so there's no concern on that front.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! just lower it to 1 or 2!!! dammit.

Is there any other slider setting people want to dispute?

LJ11

The Frankman said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! just lower it to 1 or 2!!!

dammit.

Frank, it won't be a factor with rotations. I didn't see a single pitcher, or hear about one, going down because he pitched on 4 days rest. It was all random. If you pitch a guy too early, he won't have effective pitches, he's going to get rocked. Felt the game did a good job with pitcher fatigue, you really can't pitch a guy on 3 days rest without serious fatigue issues.

Edit: I think I want to bump OF speed to 2 or 3, these guys are way too slow on 1, and I saw more triples than I should. Some do to user error, but most because of speed.

eznark

Banned
Just looking at the pitcher select screen you can tell if someone is using a pitcher improperly. If you see something strange, ask about it. If that's your main reason for wanting injuries on, I mean.

Did you mess with throwing arms at all? For some reason my outfielders had weak ass throwing arms, when they are all actually a little above average (and Gomez has an inaccurate cannon...but throws like Juan Pierre)

LJ11

eznark said:
Just looking at the pitcher select screen you can tell if someone is using a pitcher improperly. If you see something strange, ask about it. If that's your main reason for wanting injuries on, I mean.

Did you mess with throwing arms at all? For some reason my outfielders had weak ass throwing arms, when they are all actually a little above average (and Gomez has an inaccurate cannon...but throws like Juan Pierre)

No, I didn't mess with throwing arms at all. Markakis was the only guy who was decent in the outfield, Jones was all over the place with his throws.

LJ11

pistolpete2940 said:
Aiyyo, Im down for the new league. If DCX ain't in, can I have the Yankees?

Sorry dude, I forgot to include you for some reason. Yeah, if DCX isn't in you can have them.

Mrbob

How quick is this league gonna go? I might have to sit out this one if its a super fast league. I have a four week class starting next monday that meets a couple times a week, might be too busy to get it in. But if another league starts in early July (class ends July 2) I can hop into that one.

LJ11

Mrbob said:
How quick is this league gonna go? I might have to sit out this one if its a super fast league. I have a four week class starting next monday that meets a couple times a week, might be too busy to get it in. But if another league starts in early July (class ends July 2) I can hop into that one.

Depends on how many we have, hopefully we can finish it by July.

Personally I think it's more the ridiculous default OF depth the OFers play rather than the speed. I spend like 3 minutes of pause time just of repositioning them. I guess raising it to 2 wouldn't hurt, 3 might be pushing it.

Top Bottom