• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy horror game Afterfall coming to PC, XBLA, PSN

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.destructoid.com/creepy-horror-game-afterfall-coming-to-pc-xbla-psn-170105.phtml

The Games Company (straightforward name) has today announced the digital debut of its third-person horror shooter series, Afterfall. Afterfall: Insanity will be releasing for PC, Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network early next year, and it's looking suitably f*cked up.

Afterfall has a premise very similar to Metro 2033, in that it's a post-apocalyptic horror shooter set in spooky underground tunnels. All kinds of monstrosities lurk in the sewers and it's up to a guy who looks a bit like a Warhammer 40K Space Marine to deal with them.

Yet again, Afterfall looks set to bring a serious and robust game to the digital market, and while it certainly doesn't seem too original, it does look rather demented. Demented's always good in our book, so we're quite looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Afterfall_Insanity_Announcement_FullHD_Screenshot2_Hussarguard-noscale.jpg

Afterfall_Insanity_Announcement_FullHD_Screenshot1_Workers_and_Scientists-noscale.jpg

Afterfall_Insanity_Announcement_FullHD_Screenshot3_CloseCombatFight-noscale.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Destructoid said:
Yet again, Afterfall looks set to bring a serious and robust game to the digital market, and while it certainly doesn't seem too original, it does look rather demented.

No, it really doesn't.

ram

the press release reads only PC and Next-Gen consoles.

where does destructoid get the psn and xbla platforms? out of their ass?

ram said:

"Next gen consoles" generally refers to the PS3 and 360.

The Games Company sounds a little like That Game Company. Got me all confused as this doesn't look like Flower or fl0w.

linsivvi

ram said:

Why are they still using next-gen? We are 5 years into the generation.

Swittcher said:
Congratulations, you literally made a game that rips off about every other game ever.
Even the company name is a ripoff of thatgamecompany. When I read the thread, I squealed like a pig until I realized I read it wrong...

That said, Day one for me. I love digital games!

Jay Sosa

Nice, love first person horror games. I just hope it's atmospheric and not just shoot as many zombies as you can.

So a post-apocalyptic horror action game ... set entirely in sewers.

Imagine being there at the initial design meetings. Imagine being there and saying nothing.

Radogol

Wolves Evolve said:

Watch the gameplay video. It's not set entirely in sewers.

Wolves Evolve said:
Imagine being there at the initial design meetings. Imagine being there and saying nothing.

You'd be surprised. Initial design meetings took place around 10 years ago, when this was a mod for Fallout 2.

Haunted

Wolves Evolve said:

:lol

Oh those crazy... actually, who is making this? The Games Company is a German publisher, but there's no mention of the developer. Probably Eastern European.

Radogol said:
Watch the gameplay video. It's not set entirely in sewers.
Yeah broad shouldered ghost buster video looks more interesting than the space marine standing by crates in the sewer screen would lead you to believe. Quite janky at this stage, but I don't know what stage it's in.

do not see the creepy horror.

FFS, it's not that hard to make a horror game look convincing! it's like many devs don't have a clue.

Polk

Haunted said:
:lol

Oh those crazy... actually, who is making this? The Games Company is a German publisher, but there's no mention of the developer. Probably Eastern European.
The only name on the official site is Nicolas Games (which is or was one of Polish game distributors). Leaked footage is from todays presentation in Warsaw.
And for some reason CDP (which is Polish distributor of this game) thinks about it as AAA title. After selling those stocks 2 weeks ago they had to buy lot of weed as they are still high.

Top Bottom