• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer. |OT|

banner.jpg

TITLE | ALAN WAKE
PLATFORM | XBOX 360
GENRE | PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER, ACTION
DEVELOPER | REMEDY
PUBLISHER | MICROSOFT GAME STUDIO

RELEASE DATES | EUROPE MAY 14 | USA MAY 18 | JAPAN MAY 27

RATINGS | PEGI: 16+ | ESRB: T (Teen) | OFLC: T (Teen) | BBFC: 15

2z4fhau.gif
METACRITIC | GOTY

iconshopping.gif
PREORDER BONUS

XBOX 360 RETAILER BONUS

iconachieve.png

ALAN WAKE ACHIEVEMENTS

iconflashlight.png
COLLECTORS EDITION
bundle.jpg

* The Alan Wake Files – a 144 page book with FBI dossiers fleshing out the game's events and a short story written by Alan Wake
* CD with soundtrack
* Exclusive in-game audio commentary & hints by developer Remedy
* An online token for the game's first DLC
* A exclusive disc with an Alan Wake Xbox Live theme and avatar​

title_story.jpg

"Bringing a new style of storytelling to Xbox 360, Alan Wake is a psychological action thriller from Remedy, the renowned original developers of the successful
Max Payne series. In this dynamic new title exclusively for Xbox 360, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from
writer's block, who escapes to a small town only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife."​

title_characters.jpg

char_alan.jpg
char_barry.jpg

ALAN WAKE
Alan is a bestselling writer, who has been struggling to write anything for two years due to a writer's block.
His wife, Alice, brings him to Bright Falls to recover his creative flow.

When Alice vanishes without a trace, Alan finds himself trapped in a nightmare. Word by word, his latest
work, a thriller he can't even remember writing, is coming true before his eyes. He somehow knows it's
his story without any memory of writing it.

BARRY WHEELER
Barry Wheeler is Alan Wake's childhood friend and also his literary agent. He is a very typical New Yorker,
high-strung and high-powered. Barry suffers from allergies, including dust, grass, pollen, and small towns.
However, Barry is a good friend and despite his allergies and his protests he travels to Bright Falls when
he senses that Alan Wake needs him.​

title_gameplay.jpg

Light plays a significant role in gameplay and strategy. The enemies, called the Taken, are sensitive to light, encouraging the player to take advantage of
environment light sources and placing significant emphasis on the flashlight as a primary weapon. Players also have the ability to set traps which illuminate
when triggered, either damaging or temporarily immobilizing an enemy.​

title_media.jpg

iconflashlight.png
SCREENSHOTS

iconflashlight.png
TRAILERS / PREVIEWS
As with any game related video we can't in good conscious recommend you go anywhere but GAMERSYDE for your fill.​

iconflashlight.png
alanwake2.png
alanwake3.png
alanwake4.png
alanwake5.png

iconflashlight.png
WALLPAPERS
Here are just a couple of wallpapers I threw together for the launch. Expect several more in the coming days. Just click on the image of the wallpaper
you want to download a .zip with(hopefully) the resolution your currently running.​

title_extras.jpg

If you cant run Silverlight here are the episodes from youtube:
Episode 1 - 'Oh Deer'
Episode 2 - 'Time Flies'
Episode 3 - 'Lights Out'

Just saying that the wallpaper links are mixed up. The second one looked cool in the picture, clicked it, and it downloaded the first one. First one's link is on the second one.

beast786 said:

uhhh

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nice looking thread, Bruce.

I am most excited about the commentary. I love commentary in games.

beast786

Linkzg said:
Just saying that the wallpaper links are mixed up. The second one looked cool in the picture, clicked it, and it downloaded the first one. First one's link is on the second one.

uhhh

Hate to dissapoint you.

:(

StylusX

Still not sure if i'm going to get the CE or standard hmmm...Anyway i better tell my GF (she hates games) now that on the 15th and 16th i'm not doing shit as i'm gonna be busy with AW:D

Good God man, well done OP!

Hype level is rising the closer the release date gets. I dont know if its a day one but I am looking forward to playing it at some point

Empty

this game is out in a week and a half! woah, that's much sooner than i realized. kinda excited, though i'm interested to see the reviews first.

nice op as well.

soyboy

Most anticipated game of the year.

Hoping Amazon starts sending out copies of the game next week. Maybe move down the release date in the U.S. to coincide with when it gets released in Europe.

DrBo42

BruceLeeRoy said:
fu#$IGJ Alternating grey background!
Just magic wand the white background in your assets and delete it. Save it out as a png that maintains transparency.

Edit: And you did it as soon as I posted, haha. Nice OP Bruce.

soyboy said:
Most anticipated game of the year.

Hoping Amazon starts sending out copies of the game next week. Maybe move down the release date in the U.S. to coincide with when it gets released in Europe.

I'm hoping for this too. I've never understood the reasoning behind "But we market the game as being available on a certain date." That's great and all, but if it is sitting in backrooms right now, you could sell copies NOW and still have it available on the 18th for people that see the marketing.

Long story short...I want it now!

Nizz

Don't even own a 360 but BruceLeeRoy official threads are always so awesome! Game looks amazing also. Looks like a spiritual successor to Silent Hill.

I'm pretty much 70/30 on buying/renting this game now. I feel like it depends on how I do on my finals and how greedy I'm willing to be as a reward.

Tek said:
No P talk plz

Even if you say this, life finds a way.

Top Bottom