• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer. |OT|

Benson

I wasn't going to buy this on principal after they cancelled the PC version but I've been following it too long to let it pass me by. LE it is then!

FrankT

BruceLeeRoy said:
Finally getting around to watching the Brightfalls episodes. These things are fantastic.

They are pretty good.

LiK said:
Garnett Lee's tweet just moments ago:

hohoho, I sense good things :D

hilarygoldstein: Just finished Alan Wake @remedyalerts. It's great when story and gameplay work as one -- Congrats!

Yea expecting big things from this one from the major western reviewers.

MacBosse

Time to hide from all forums if you want your playtrough of Alan Wake to be fresh.

The game has been spotted in warezland.

Dabanton

MacBosse said:
Time to hide from all forums if you want your playtrough of Alan Wake to be fresh.

The game has been spotted in warezland.

Well i'll keep my AW talk to this forum only.

I doubt anyone will be silly enough to want to account suicide by spoiling the game here.
Although MS should slap whoever agreed to have the game delivered to stores 3 weeks early.

That's just asking for something like this to happen.

theRizzle

Great OP as usual, Bruce.

This was the first LE I've ever bought, and the first game I've paid full-price for or bought on launch day in over a year. Needless to say, I am very, very excited to get my Wake on.

Has there been any talk about the book that comes with the LE? I'm just curious if it's at all spoilery. I wouldn't want to ruin the game by reading the book before playing.

RavenHawk

Outstanding job Bruce!

And for those here in the States lucky enough to get the game early, or our brethren across the big pond, please make good use of the spoiler tags!

If story and characters can hold up to the Darkfalls episodes, I will love this game.

The actors are so good!

Edit: Forgot to say great job Bruce :)

Kaako said:
Cannot wait. Dope work as always Bruce. You my boi blue! :D

:lol Thanks guys. I hope this game gets the attention it deserves. It would break my heart if Remedy aren't rewarded a 100 times over for the work they did on this game.

Lunchbox said:
wtf, europe gets it first? why

Because we are super-duper special. I'm going to go to the shops and buy Sin & Punishment 2 this week, then Alan Wake next week, and I'm going to rotate my globe to highlight the Americas and I am going to point at your feeble country and laugh.

Sometime later this summer I'll buy Demon's Souls.

BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol Thanks guys. I hope this game gets the attention it deserves. It would break my heart if Remedy are rewarded a 100 times over for the work they did on this game.
You mean if they aren't rewarded? BTW beautiful OP.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's official, I just ordered an Xbox 360 and preordered Alan Wake. :D

Lebron

Lunchbox said:
wtf, europe gets it first? why
You mean Obama couldn't even get us Alan Wake first? No we can't indeed!
Hello

Joking aside, nice OP, BruceLeeRoy. Even Sho'nuff would have to show respect.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does this game have pre-recorded cutscenes? Bink (shit) is usually used for videos on 360 and they tend to look like ass.

painey

I want this game to be absolutely amazing, but everything I've seen makes it look pretty bad. Fingers crossed it turns out as good as Max Payne.

watership

painey said:
I want this game to be absolutely amazing, but everything I've seen makes it look pretty bad. Fingers crossed it turns out as good as Max Payne.

Everything? The trailers and clips make it look bad? The only thing that makes this game look bad is pixel counting threads.

JesseZao

This game is finally coming out! Keeping my eye out for deals since I have tons of games to finish right now and SMG2 is coming out right after it.

S1kkZ

BattleMonkey said:
What kind of play times are said for this game so far?
10-12 hours. thats what most german reviewers say (at least the ones i talked to on the biggest german videogame forum).

oracrest

I still haven't heard or seen much of this beyond the name, but I love a good creepy game. This looks like its in the same vein.

sorta want to look it up, sorta want to buy it blind, like I did with Demon's Souls.

ShogunX

For anyone interested the game is 6.2GB when installed.

Also how come only Alan and Barry are listed under characters? I know maybe a few characters could be considered spoilers but so far we have the following confirmed -

- Alan
- Alice
- Barry
- Rusty
- Agent Nightingale
- Sheriff Breaker
- Biggest Fan
- Dr. Hartman
- the Hitchhiker
- Mott
- Nurse Sinclair
- Radio Host*

Obviously a few of them are only going to be a minor role but still I do think you should include a few more.

Nicely done, Bruce!

All over my face!
yylnm.gif

Hammer24

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I hope this game gets the attention it deserves. It would break my heart if Remedy aren't rewarded a 100 times over for the work they did on this game.

You did your very best, thx, great OP!

It makes me sad to hear the game has been pirated already.
Start selling it now!

Top Bottom