• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2010 Thread of Legal Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCX

I'm sorry guys but it's that time of the year again!

We all hate it yet we still watch it.

sv5klh.jpg

http://www.eurovision.tv/

When?
1st Semi-Final: Tuesday, 25th of May, 2010 (21:00 CET)
2nd Semi-Final: Thursday, 27th of May, 2010 (21:00 CET)
Final: Saturday, 29th of May, 2010 (21:00 CET)

Participating countries and songs:

First semi-final:
if4ec3.jpg

Second semi-final:
29ei0qx.jpg

Final:
w12zgi.jpg

So yeah, let it all out. List your favorites and tell how ashamed you are of your own country's horrible eurodance song.

flsh

Banned
I hope Greece doesn't win. With the current financial standings it could destroy the euro completely :lol

Anyone who listened to the songs can suggest something good this year?

soqquatto

this is not even aired in Italy. we have plenty of shitty music show, please give us at least an entertaining one! I feel left out.

Chuckie

Kabouter said:
Yes, and from the looks of it, he hasn't aged a day in the past fifteen years.

Appearantly 'mossels' are the key to eternal youth!

Too bad I hate the little fuckers

@Selig: It is!

2San

Kabouter said:
The Netherlands has the 'worst song of 2010' victory all locked up.

Incidentally, there's also a cover out there of the song already, which is far and away the superior choice.

The girl singing in the first video is 18, and was 17 at the time of filming that, no, really. I'm serious. No joke.
That's pretty embarrassing.

Though this whole contest is ridiculous. I think the whole contest is setup by the US so they can make fun of us.

I remember this one time where actually no one voted(as in the dutch people) and a few dutch representatives just made a list of their own. xD

selig

Banned
Sloane said:
I don't like her either but she'll probably get the best result in years for Germany. Top 5.

Um, no.
Germany just doesnt get what makes you successful in that ridiculous competition: Catchy song AND an eye-candy show. Imo, Germany´s best act was Stefan Raab´s Waddehaddeduddeda. Hate it as much as you want, it was a great, catchy song and he did fantastic live-perfomance.
Unlike Germany´s recent years, where there´s just a small group on stage and singing whatever song.
Meanwhile, countries that had a big show on stage won. Should be a sign, I´d say.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
More fun in guessing which country is going to vote for one another than the torture of the songs themselves.

It makes a great drinking game when trying to guess which Eastern Bloc countries vote for one another.

Sloane

Banned
selig said:
Imo, Germany´s best act was Stefan Raab´s Waddehaddeduddeda. Hate it as much as you want, it was a great, catchy song and he did fantastic live-perfomance.
Uhm, I did not hate Raab's song at all? He's also responsible for Lena's act, by the way, and I'm convinced she'll make the top 5. Might even have a shot at winning the stupid contest.

Kurtofan

Kabouter said:
Top 10, maybe top 5. Especially if they make a show of it on stage.
It'll easily trounce our schlager trash lulz. This is certainly the type of song that does fairly well at the Song contest, though likely not #1.

Personally though, I hate it already :lol
Well the fact that the media are not even talking about it does not sound like a good omen :lol(I remember last year they were all '"omg we have a chance to win!")
This song is already annoying,I hope it won't be the song of the summer.

It should get a decent score, but apart from a pity vote from Belgium I don't expect great things.
Belgium doesn't even care about France :(
We really are shafted on the geopolitical votes :lol
Monaco needs to participate goddammit!

Kurtofan said:
Well the fact that the media are not even talking about it does not sound like a good omen :lol(I remember last year they were all '"omg we have a chance to win!")
This song is already annoying,I hope it won't be the song of the summer.

Belgium doesn't even care about France :(
We really are shafted on the geopolitical votes :lol
Monaco needs to participate goddammit!
Don't we usually give like 2 or 3 to you guys? Our 12 is permanently reserved for Turkey.

Kozak

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom