• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 E3 GTTV Trailer

The "It Only Does" stuff from the end

950+ cars
Online Racing
Career Mode
Drifting
Rally
Realism
Damage
NASCAR
Photo Mode
Customization

Credit to RedSuinit from GTplanet for making that list.

2r4he6x.png

2cfabuu.png

350upth.png

292pv7r.png

2rx9w6a.png

2u454m1.png

8zdvrp.png

o6fluc.png

6eoh77.png

25z2gyu.png

Anyway this is trailer was a perfect reason why SCEA should never make GT5 trailers. You end up with this or that Weezer shit that they created for Prologue.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This is either gonna be the most jam-packed best racing game ever, or they're gonna fall on their face creating a lot of "that's it?" responses from players everywhere.

squicken

I wish some rally stuff would have been in there. GT and Forza bore me, so the non-traditional GT stuff is what will sell me on the game.

KingDizzi

Banned
Sentry said:

:lol :lol

Watching Nascar makes me suicidal however for some reason really want to see the Nascar mode in GT5, don't care about drawing on cars so meh to customisation and lastly WRC which should eb good. The amount of Nascar and WRC cars and circuits in the game is what I want to know the most, also how many cars can be on track at once in the Nascar races.

~Kinggi~

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Real question is will it come out this year???
Sony needs to come out on stage at e3, say Gran Turismo 5 is on sale now - and all is forgiven. That is the only way all is forgiven.

KaYotiX

Banned
they need to do something becasue this game has been a joke for awhile now.....all the hype i had last year is pretty much gone. So many other games coming out this year that i dont think ill even bother with GT5 till 2011

Mush

New stuff I noticed:

Dale Earnhardt Jr was wearing adidas branded gloves, so we can expect more brands like Sparco and Sabelt (Loeb) for drivers. Since they're going to actually name your opponents (as seen in the latest Nürburgring stuff), is being able to customize your own driver too far out of the question?

Rome and that other new track looked cool. I wasn't expecting much going into the vid so if anything this has left me more hyped for next week. Believe.

Mush said:
New stuff I noticed:

Dale Earnhardt Jr was wearing adidas branded gloves, so we can expect more brands like Sparco and Sabelt (Loeb) for drivers. Since they're going to actually name your opponents (as seen in the latest Nürburgring stuff), is being able to customize your own driver too far out of the question?

332xef8.png

11lprhx.png

Nothing is confirmed about being able to custom your driver yet. But there are hints of it.

squicken said:
I wish some rally stuff would have been in there. GT and Forza bore me, so the non-traditional GT stuff is what will sell me on the game.
You and me both.

I almost fell asleep during this trailer.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Neuromancer said:
You and me both.

I almost fell asleep during this trailer.
Sony should be kinda embarrassed since 90% of the footage shown is straight out of the last 'Night Racing' trailer.

KaYotiX

Banned
Andronicus said:
with all the advertisements i would think so

We all thought that last year too.......it better blow me out of the water with all the time they have had to develop it.

KingDizzi

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Sony should be kinda embarrassed since 90% of the footage shown is straight out of the last 'Night Racing' trailer.

As solidsnakex said this is most likely a trailer from SCEA because it is quite frankly shit. The trailers made by PD are pure class and it's easy to tell they are made by them, for once the music in this trailer was something not expected from PD. Doubt Sony care though, the whole purpose is to give knowledge to the general public that these games exist, I seriously doubt the majority of the people whom watched the GT5 trailer have seen any of that footage before.

BeeDog

Zaptruder said:
Boring trailer.

Disappointing lack of upgrade on damage.

Day 1.

Same thoughts, though I'd go a bit further and call the trailer "fucking horrible." Seriously, full blowout during E3 or mega-bust.

Mush

Guys, guys, guys.

They're just cock-teasing for E3. There will be a blowout next week, release date and all. Mark my words.

SolidSnakex said:
332xef8.png

11lprhx.png

Nothing is confirmed about being able to custom your driver yet. But there are hints of it.
I've never seen that SX4 footage. Care to link me? All we need now in terms of racing brands is Puma and Alpinestars and we're set.

alba

Little is the new Big
As everyone says, the trailer wasn't that good in the editing and music side mostly because it's from SCEA I'm sure. I think they cut the new bits from the upcoming trailer they'll show at Sony's conference :O

At least we got a few new things, that's cool :)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
The trailer was great, you guys are just spoiled by other GT5 trailers. It was one of the best on GT tonight if you only count in-game footage. Star Wars 2 CG was great but ultimately pointless. I liked seeing some new locations and cars and I look forward to the full reveal come E3.

This, KZ3 and Devil's Third were the highlights. Dead Space 2 looked great too. After all these years I think I still expected a bit too much out of tonight in general. It was a good show, but it was just hyped too much.

Being "pissed" about not seeing something "new" (we did actually see new stuff, not just what you wanted) is pretty dumb. Let them release the game when they feel it's ready and to expect big reveals out of GTTV when Sony's Conference is just around the corner is a bit silly. And GT5 is a car simulator. If you crash that's it, game over. You don't blink and get back on track. So whatever damage they put in is bonus for replays and ultimately a higher difficulty if they are going to keep it a simulation.

Weather would be a bigger game changer.

ZZZ

No new features or trailers could get me excited for this game anymore. Call me when the damn thing is released. Eventually you just have to stop working on it and get the game out and the more you delay it the less hyped people get.

It's like White Knight Chronicles all over again, by the time it FINALLY came out no one gave a shit anymore (and FFXIII was out the next month).

Of course, it's not really like WKC and it will probably still sell shitloads and I will probably buy a copy further encouraging this behavior. Sigh.

Yoboman

akachan ningen said:
Why are they showing all their trailers now? Is their conference going to be all about move? T_T
Why not show it now? They usually don't show trailers for stage demo games on stage, so the trailer just gets overlooked in the rush of E3

Rflagg

Have we heard any definitive word on if this is going to have a livery editor? I really hope e3 is a major information blowout for this game.

SolidSnakex said:
We should get some Le Mans footage later on today.
Oh, totally forgot about that. I just want them to finally blow the doors open so I can feel more confident in my G27 purchase T_T

Neo 007

Well...If thats all PD/Sony can come up with then THEY need to forget it all.Let alone me.

Hope E3 has more meat than this regurgitated fossil.

I mean,just.........6 years......wow.. :(

expy said:

PD restructuring for a three year development cycle?

Like others have said already, that was a rather meh trailer. Frankly, no GT5 trailer could excite me anymore, releasing the damn game is the only thing they should be concentrating on.

Top Bottom