• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor - Beta starts June 21st [EA-CONF]

Official Site

Beta Code Redemption

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- You MUST pre-order to gain access to the Beta - Available for PS3, 360, and PC.

- Battlefield VIP Members who sign up at gunclub.ea.com will receive the Beta on Thursday, June 17th.

You MUST pre-order too to gain early access!

- Beta Redemption codes will be sent to you by the store you pre-ordered from. Stores like Gamestop and EB Games will hand you your code. It's not active until June 17th.

- Posted above is the link to enter in your Beta redemption code. Enter it in and follow instructions and you should receive the real Beta code for whatever system you want it for.

- The VIP Beta is delayed until Monday, June 21st for the Xbox 360 due to some technical problems, but will still be available on other platforms on the 17th as planned.

- You can pre-order the game at Amazon, Steam, EA Store, EBGAMES website, etc. and they will email you a Beta redemption code.

*NOTE: To become a Battlefield VIP member, you had to have either pre-ordered Battlefield Bad Company 2 or bought it to have received a "VIP code" inside the box. VIP code must be redeemed to gain VIP status.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Beta Clients

Fileplanet's MoH Beta Client

Fileplay's MoH Beta Client

demolitio

SquirrelNuckle said:
They also said BF BC2 VIP members will get access to the beta this week.
Which has me excited beyond belief. It looked really good, and the fact that I don't have to preorder is the best part.:lol

Manus

demolitio said:
Which has me excited beyond belief. It looked really good, and the fact that I don't have to preorder is the best part.:lol

I know, how do we get access though? They said to go to the gunclub website, but that doesn't work.

Manager

PR:
EA Wants You! Recruiting Begins for Medal of Honor Multiplayer Beta on June 21
E3 Expo 2010
booth #1601

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced that Medal of Honor™ is now recruiting players for a massive global multiplayer beta test that starts on June 21. Players will be granted early access to two action-packed maps on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC. EA also announced today that Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 VIPs who have pre-ordered Medal of Honor, will be able to enter the multiplayer beta even earlier; starting June 17. Developed by DICE, Medal of Honor multiplayer delivers world-class action and dedicated server support. Beta key distribution details are available at www.medalofhonor.com. The beta maps will be playable this week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in EA’s booth located in the South Hall, booth #1601.

“In selecting a studio to create our multiplayer, there was no clearer choice than DICE. When it comes to online gameplay, they are world class”

“In selecting a studio to create our multiplayer, there was no clearer choice than DICE. When it comes to online gameplay, they are world class,” said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer on Medal of Honor. “We’re excited to be partnering with DICE to deliver a single-player/multiplayer experience that perfectly complement one another. Though the modes and maps are different, both sides of the game carry through the same authentic sentiment of today’s soldiers who are fighting today’s war.”

The Medal of Honor multiplayer beta features two heart-pounding modes set across two maps inspired by real world locations: Helmand Valley and Kabul City Ruins. In Team Assault mode, players must rely on their raw skill and map knowledge to stay alive in intense and close quarter combat. In Combat Mission, a tactical and team-based mode, gamers fight through a series of objectives revealed through an engaging narrative. Both modes pit two teams of 12 players (total 24 players) against one another with realistic destruction, tactical support actions, and a weapon customization system with modifications that generate hundreds of combinations.

Separately, the Medal of Honor single-player campaign is being developed by EALA who has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S. Special Operations Community to create the most authentic modern war experience possible.

Medal of Honor launches on October 12, 2010 in North America (Oct. 15 in EU). Follow the game on twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/medalofhonor or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/medalofhonor.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SquirrelNuckle said:

IF ONLY THEIR FUCKING GUNCLUB WEBSITE WAS FUCKING WORKING SO I COULD SIGN UP AND NOT HAVE TO PREORDER.

EA YOU FUUUUUUUUCKS</caps>

Seriously, you know it's E3 time when publishers websites crash hard and can't recover. :(

Razorskin

----- ------
Sucks that you got to pre-order to get in, I guess I'll pre-order it and decide after the beta whether or not I still want to get it.

Manus

Mikey Jr. said:
Ohhh pimp!

Link to this?

No link it's just what the women said at the conference. She told us to go to a gunclub website EA has, but the site doesn't work.

Eric WK

You have to be a VIP and pre-order Medal of Honor. Amazon is listed as one of the participating retailers and they don't charge you until the game ships, so assuming they email the codes without extra delay, that will be a great option.

Cruzader

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
OMG WTF Fuck yea!

Atleast it was worth something. "VIP" access my ass.

Edit: fuck, VIP code is fucking useless unless you preorder :(

-Yeti said:
Solution: Pre-order from local game store for $5, get access code, use code, discontinue pre-order; get $5 back.
Yea I could but I prefer not to go through the hassle, I guess I wont have to now that I know Bad company 2 owners will get access.

GhostRidah said:
Yea I could but I prefer not to go through the hassle, I guess I wont have to now that I know Bad company 2 owners will get access.

Ha, the PR states you still have to pre-order. :(

It sucks, I know.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
IF ONLY THEIR FUCKING GUNCLUB WEBSITE WAS FUCKING WORKING SO I COULD SIGN UP AND NOT HAVE TO PREORDER.

EA YOU FUUUUUUUUCKS</caps>

Seriously, you know it's E3 time when publishers websites crash hard and can't recover. :(

Do you ever not YELL??? :p
Sign me up! But now i'll never get to level 50 in BC2.

Owzers

i really hate the gaming industry sometimes. People should pre-order a game because they loved the beta, they shouldn't pre-order the game to get INTO the beta.

Alpha_eX said:
Got my beta code last week, after seeing the trailer i'm even more excited about it.

How? where did you pre-order amazon says nothing about it, but I preodered anyways/ Pretty pumped to try this out.

Alpha_eX

Terrordactyl said:
How? where did you pre-order amazon says nothing about it, but I preodered anyways/ Pretty pumped to try this out.

I'm from the UK, a store here has been given the beta code flyers / keys and I got one early. The beta runs all the way until July 18th.

AwesomeSyrup said:
I'm a BC2 VIP member so what exactly do I do to get a beta code?
Pre order, redeem the code on MOH website for a platform specific code. If you VIP bfbc2 access you can start playing on Thursday.

Mad Max

Wait you have to buy this to even get into the beta? You'd think they would make the beta free for BC2 players atleast. For all the crap people had to deal with during the beta, the first weeks, and all the problems that still haven't been fixed, but I guess we have to pay full price and go through the same crap again.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ dice

Mad Max said:
Wait you have to buy this to even get into the beta? You'd think they would make the beta free for BC2 players atleast. For all the crap people had to deal with during the beta, the first weeks, and all the problems that still haven't been fixed, but I guess we have to pay full price and go through the same crap again.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ dice
Amazon doesn't charge for preorders so I don't see what the issue is.

Terrordactyl said:
Pre order, redeem the code on MOH website for a platform specific code. If you VIP bfbc2 access you can start playing on Thursday.

Awesome, all I have to do now is just find the BF:BC2 disc.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Came to thread to check which game I don't really want I need to buy to play this beta, found my answer and...

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

RS4- said:
Wait, aren't all BC2 PC players VIP already? Or am I missing something =\
Yeah if you check the fine print it says you have to have played a mp game online on PC to be eligible to play on June 17th.

Top Bottom