• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor - Beta starts June 21st [EA-CONF]

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Can someone for the love of god clarify how to getting to the beta? Cause I've been hearing alot of different ways and it's confusing me

Nizz

Full Recovery said:
Is this going to be a 30fps game or are they setting the goal at 60?
It's weird. Singleplayer footage that I've seen in trailers and heard described by Giant Bomb looks like 60fps. But the multi looks like it's 30fps.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully I don't have to boot BC2, as I sold it. VIP status should be saved server side, correct?

Mad Max said:
Wait you have to buy this to even get into the beta? You'd think they would make the beta free for BC2 players atleast. For all the crap people had to deal with during the beta, the first weeks, and all the problems that still haven't been fixed, but I guess we have to pay full price and go through the same crap again.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ dice

You really think EA had nothing to do with this decision?

Lameness aside, the MP trailer looks great. I'd love to play this.

Eric WK

alr1ghtstart said:
Hopefully I don't have to boot BC2, as I sold it. VIP status should be saved server side, correct?

Yeah, I'd assume it's tied to your EA Account. If I have to I'll rent or Gamefly the game, but I'd prefer not to have to.

Loxley

dope4goldrope said:
You don't have to pre-order to get into the beta, you just get into the beta 4 days earlier if you pre-order.

I'm pretty sure you do. From the MOH site:

Beta Redemption Keys are available at participating retailers as a reward for pre-ordering Medal of Honor. Once you have a Beta Redemption Key just go to www.medalofhonor.com/beta to redeem it for a code for the platform of your choice.

People who pre-order and are also VIPs get the four-day head start. But you do have to pre-order to get into the beta at all.

Even with DICE doing the multi side of things, I gotta say that there is an overabundance of shooters at E3 this year. Like, a whole lot of them. I can't see myself dying to purchase this based on the gameplay I've seen honestly. It looks so similar to Bad Company's gunplay with a Modern Warfare skin.

IDK, just tired with the typical war shooters.

Net_Wrecker said:
Even with DICE doing the multi side of things, I gotta say that there is an overabundance of shooters at E3 this year. Like, a whole lot of them. I can't see myself dying to purchase this based on the gameplay I've seen honestly. It looks so similar to Bad Company's gunplay with a Modern Warfare skin.

IDK, just tired with the typical war shooters.
There is a overabundance of fps games but im not tired of them.

Cruzader

Banned
Damn, I got my invitation to the beta already!!! (Had preordered MoH in April)

Too bad it goes live this thursday!!

Anyone else skeptical about the vehicles? They're OK in battlefield but prefer cod to the BFBC series, they could kill this game for me.

Drewsky

Somehow missed that Dice was making this until just now. Immediately interested.

What exactly constitutes VIP in BC2? Just wondering because it would be sweet to get the beta a little early.

Terrordactyl said:
Anyone else skeptical about the vehicles? They're OK in battlefield but prefer cod to the BFBC series, they could kill this game for me.
I read something about the vehicles not being a big part of the gameplay, like one vehicle per map or something like that.

DoomGyver

Terrordactyl said:
Slightly, but we'll see how it goes in the beta. The tanks could just turn out to be death traps with the IEDs.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I like that they say they are sticking with realism in this.

The good I saw, explosions are definitely more realistic.

The bad that I saw, a guy getting shot twice in the neck and kept running.

Time will tell, but this did look better to me with the weapon models and more realism in at least how explosions work.

No_Style

Cruzader said:
Damn, I got my invitation to the beta already!!! (Had preordered MoH in April)

Too bad it goes live this thursday!!

In the exact same boat. I pre-ordered MoH during that EA Store sale. It wasn't on the list of stores for pre-ordering on the site, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Meh, that was really disappointing. Looks like everything I disliked about BC2 shoved into a COD multiplayer clone. Thank god there is the singleplayer to still be excited about.

I stopped caring about multiplayer in MOH after Allied Assault.

mr stroke

just pre ordered at Amazon. Hopefully I get in.

I under stand the military FPS fatigue though. While Dice can never do wrong(and this will probably be solid) there doesn't look like a lot that separates this from COD or Battlefield. By the time Battlefield 3 comes out they will be out of ideas :(

zedge

This looks awesome, its like the best of COD with a splash of BF. Plus the awesome sound effects DICE are known for. Looking forward to this more than COD for sure.

The footage looks great! Exactly what I wanted from it: A mix between COD and BF:BC2. Awesome!

Does anyone know if (and how) I can pre-order in The Netherlands?
EA's own store only sells the pre-order for PC, not PS3 =(

I really need my code! :lol
BF:BC2 VIP member too, so if I get a key I'll be playing this Thursday already. Hell yeah!

O and I do hope that, after BF:BC2, DICE and EA further extended the social features in Medal of Honor on PS3.

• Cross-game invitations (already in on BF:BC2)
• Joining friends through in-game XMB (like in MW2)
• Presence Data (like in MW2)

MMaRsu

Banned
And if you have to preorder to get into the beta that's retarded. Dutch stores wont get beta codes, I'm sure of it.

MMaRsu said:
Do you still need BC2 to get it though? I'm a VIP but I sold the game.

I don't think so. I guess it uses your EA-account, which is linked to your PSN id or Xbox Live-account.

MMaRsu said:
And if you have to preorder to get into the beta that's retarded. Dutch stores wont get beta codes, I'm sure of it.

Agreed. How are we Dutchies supposed to get into the Beta now? =(

Should've been available for every VIP without pre-ordering, and only for non-VIP's that pre-order IMHO.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Man this really took a lot from Call of Duty. Though it looks like if MW2 and Bad Company 2 had a baby, this would be it.

Spookie

AgentWhiskersX said:
Man this really took a lot from Call of Duty. Though it looks like if MW2 and Bad Company 2 had a baby, this would be it.

Complete with no recoil on the guns and a local area motion tracker on the minimap.

My hype is beginning to diminish. :(

Erasus said:
This is made by a good dev

Also I did not notice any killstreaks that stack into other killstreaks.

I also didn't notice much destruction =(

It seems as if there are no killstreaks indeed, but I think certain high score-chains SHOULD unlock some nice stuff for you to use. Things like special items, rare outfits or whatever.

Top Bottom