• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor - Beta starts June 21st [EA-CONF]

ZeMMiK

you can get earlier in the beta 17june if you preorder, if you not preorder the beta is op at 24june....so i wait one week longer.

ZeMMiK said:
you can get earlier in the beta 17june if you preorder, if you not preorder the beta is op at 24june....so i wait one week longer.

No, you will have to pre-order to get into the Beta anyway (although I'm sure there will be other ways in as well), but if you're a VIP too, you can start playing earlier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I understand from all of this.

MMaRsu

Banned
magicaltrevor said:
No, you will have to pre-order to get into the Beta anyway (although I'm sure there will be other ways in as well), but if you're a VIP too, you can start playing earlier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I understand from all of this.

Let's certainly hope not.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
NVM, I actually read the text on the Amazon page:

The Beta runs 6/21/10 - 7/18/10, and features two modes (Team Assault and Combat Mission) set across two maps: Helmand Valley and Kabul City Ruins. Both modes pit two teams of 12 players against each other. Access codes will be e-mailed to begin arriving on 6/21/10

I'll try it out. Looks really slick in the video. Like MW2 and BFBC2 merged.

Binabik15

Medal of Bad Duty: America´s Army

Eew, I´ll pass. Even without the BC2 servers turning to shit and EA not doing anything about it, this doesn´t look too hot. Total identity crisis.

jorma

is now taking requests
magicaltrevor said:
COD: Black Ops?
SOCOM 4 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier maybe?

Ah, socom 4... oh i might as well wait with the preorder until after the sony conference at least :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
What are you seeing that I'm not? It looked great to me.
I'm seeing the gameplay video that looked horribly underwhelming. Low res textures, poor or missing animations, ugly weapon models that looked crude.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stallion Free said:
I'm seeing the gameplay video that looked horribly underwhelming. Low res textures, poor or missing animations, ugly weapon models that looked crude.

OMG EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT GAME LOOKS HORRIBLE! STOP THE PRESSES!

Stallion Free said:

I guess it still needs polishing. BF:BC2 didn't look the way it does now months before release either.

In fact, I was NOT impressed with the PS3 Beta of BF:BC2, but when I played the final version, I found that the game looked MUCH better. Including the textures, lightning and even the anti-aliasing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah I'm not going to pay to test your game for you. No thanks. Call me when you have a demo.

MMaRsu

Banned
JB1981 said:
At a loss for what people are seeing in the multiplayer. It looks like COD but slower and uglier.

WHuh? The game already looks better graphics wise then COD.

And it's made by DICE so it's going to be more balanced, better sound design etc..

adelante

The game looks kinda on par with MW, save for some particles effects and the added destructibility bits. And this is all running at 60fps right???

The only issue I see is that the animations are occassionally a bit weird. But looking at the track record here, that seems like something I wouldn't worry too much about. Other than that, the game is hot stuff. And it's nice to see that they understand the value of kick ass explosions. Sometimes it feels like only Bungie gets that.

I just hope DICE and EA do something fresh and NEW with the multiplayer is this game. I'm fine with it using stuff from both COD and BF:BC2, but it really needs its own identity.

Is there any word about co-op modes by the way?

magicaltrevor said:
I just hope DICE and EA do something fresh and NEW with the multiplayer is this game. I'm fine with it using stuff from both COD and BF:BC2, but it really needs its own identity.

BF+COD+MOH seems like a pretty strong identity to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MMaRsu said:
And it's made by DICE so it's going to be more balanced
I don't know where you people got this concept that Dice was somehow better at balance. Did you people never play a Battlefield game? BF2 and BC2 were riddled with just as many balance issues as any other multiplayer game.

dexterslu

Pre-order Medal of Honor and get access to the Multiplayer Beta. The Beta runs 6/21/10 - 7/18/10, and features two modes (Team Assault and Combat Mission) set across two maps: Helmand Valley and Kabul City Ruins. Both modes pit two teams of 12 players against each other. Access codes will be e-mailed to begin arriving on 6/21/10. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

If you've already got your code, how did you get it? where did you preorder it? I've got VIP and want to play on the 17th but it doesn't look like amazon will begin e-mailing codes until long after the head start is over..

Stallion Free said:
I don't know where you people got this concept that Dice was somehow better at balance. Did you people never play a Battlefield game? BF2 and BC2 were riddled with just as many balance issues as any other multiplayer game.

Blame MW2. Any game seems well balanced next to Call of Air Clutter: Modern Hoverbootknifer. COD pace without the above would be hot by itself, but an injection of BF and MOH as well? Hot.

MMaRsu

Banned
Stallion Free said:

Bad Company 2 had slight balancing issues with the heavy machine guns, aside from that I've never gotten so pissed at a game as I got with MW2. That shit was so unbalanced it was barely playable.

MMaRsu said:
Bad Company 2 had slight balancing issues with the heavy machine guns, aside from that I've never gotten so pissed at a game as I got with MW2. That shit was so unbalanced it was barely playable.

MW2 gameplay consists of who can get a killstreak of 7 first. I really hate it.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
IGN interview with developer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGQ2ceGsQM

Beard growing perk confirmed!

Awesome. So you DO get stuff when making multiple kills without dying, but it isn't based on kills alone. You get points for teamwork/skillpoint as well, and this - combined with the kills or assists you make - all goes into a scorechain, which will unlock 'support items' after reaching a certain amount of points.

That's great! I wonder what kind of support items there will be. They can be used for both attacking and defending. It would be great if you could 'save up' these items too, so you can use them all at once when you got enough chainscore.

MMaRsu

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
MW2 gameplay consists of who can get a killstreak of 7 first. I really hate it.

Lol who doesn't? Oh that's right, millions of people :<. And a bunch of my dumb friends who can't accept any other game then MW2. Addicts I tell you.

Even my little cousin rebought the game for his 360 because his friends play it. Even though he has it on his Ps3! And then he went and bought the mappacks! ARGH. I couldn't even stop him :(.

Spookie

MMaRsu said:
Even my little cousin rebought the game for his 360 because his friends play it. Even though he has it on his Ps3! And then he went and bought the mappacks! ARGH. I couldn't even stop him :(.

Take a sledgehammer to his consoles and tell him it's to develop his character.

Not sure about the point streaks. It ruined CoD. Hopefully they are a tad more reasonable. :/

Stallion Free said:

Because BC2 is a better balanced game than MW2? COD4 is another story, but BC2 has been patched to address just about all balance issues.

Spookie said:
Take a sledgehammer to his consoles and tell him it's to develop his character.

Not sure about the point streaks. It ruined CoD. Hopefully they are a tad more reasonable. :/

The killstreak stuff in COD4 was pretty alright, but they overdid it by a few miles with MW2.

Mr. Snrub said:
Because BC2 is a better balanced game than MW2? COD4 is another story, but BC2 has been patched to address just about all balance issues.

And there weren't very many issues. Especially not when compared to MW2.

AltogetherAndrews said:
The killstreak stuff in COD4 was pretty alright, but they overdid it by a few miles with MW2.

If DICE manages to keep it fair, then this will be a very welcome addition to me.

RS4-

Curious to see how the offense and defense bonuses work. Hopefully it isn't a trainwreck like MW2.

I wish there was a little more destruction taken from BC2.

edit - and I remember talking to someone that did testing for MW2, he was adamant that it didn't need public beta testing and look how that turned out :lol

KZObsessed

Looks like a cross between Modern Warfare and BFBC which is great but there's barely any recoil. The shooting doesn't look in any way enjoyable.

That definitely looks like CoD, but the devils in the details. For those not on the MW2 train it looks interesting.

I personally am hoping for an end of the grind for weapons, perks, attachments etc. Balancing weapons is hard, no need to make it more complicated by limiting stuff to certain players. I hope they keep the treadmill for customizable stuff, I loved gold camo for CoD4.

Top Bottom