• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor - Beta starts June 21st [EA-CONF]

Max

I am not Max
Recycled cement blocks and rubble? Recycled M16 reload and running animation?

Literal $60 BC2 mod influenced by MW?

WHY DO I WANT THIS????

ultim8p00

Banned
This game looks exactly like Bad Company 2, just a little bit faster. Is it supposed to be 60fps? Doesn't look like it.

Also shooting guns does not feel nearly as rewarding as MW2 it seems.

slamskank

I'm sorry guys but I must be looking at a different game. Looks like more consolitis crap from DICE. Quit dicking around sellouts, give us BF3 already.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
jorma said:
Well i got my beta code like one hour after placing the order (webhallen).

Neat.

WTF Amazon!!!!!

I'll just pre-order it at Gamestop to get the code. If Amazon comes through eventually, then I will have an extra to give out.

Kyoufu

ultim8p00 said:
This game looks exactly like Bad Company 2, just a little bit faster. Is it supposed to be 60fps? Doesn't look like it.

Also shooting guns does not feel nearly as rewarding as MW2 it seems.

When you say "rewarding as MW2" do you perhaps mean when you shoot your gun randomly and get a kill streak in MW2?

carlosp

Banned
Srsly guys this game will have one of the best FPS of all time included. I will be so over it. Frontline was the best MoH game in my eyes.

-viper-

Banned
The video looked cool and the sound design is excellent but it seems too much like BC2. I hate vehicles in my multiplayer too.

But I guess I'll just wait for the beta to see if this game really is any good.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
carlosp said:
Srsly guys this game will have one of the best FPS of all time included. I will be so over it. Frontline was the best MoH game in my eyes.
When people make claims about Frontline like that, I know they never played any Medal of Honor's on the PC. Allied Assault still hasn't been topped. And I have played Frontline, it's just a poor imitation.

Stallion Free said:
When people make claims about Frontline like that, I know they never played any Medal of Honor's on the PC. Allied Assault still hasn't been topped. And I have played Frontline, it's just a poor imitation.

Don't be hating on Frontline. It was one of the best ps2 games ever. And yes Allied Assault and it's expansions were just as good.

TriangularDuck said:
It's been confirmed that there are UNLOCKABLE BEARDS.

I basically went to Amazon and preordered right that fucking second.

I must admit, I also find that interesting.

---

On another note, does anyone know if the ironsights reflect recoil? Like in CoD4, despite there being very little recoil, your sights jump an appropriate amount to reflect how inaccurate you are, so an ungripped M60's sights would jump way more than a G3's sights.

Compare that with some games where the recoil causes your bullets to start spraying wildly but your sights do not move at all. I hate that shit. I want feedback on just how much I need to control my rate of fire, rather than just guessing on when I have to shoot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Don't be hating on Frontline. It was one of the best ps2 games ever. And yes Allied Assault and it's expansions were just as good.
The shooting controls were shit. And it looks horrible next to Allied Assault and Allied Assault had vastly superior weapon sounds. Allied Assault wasn't just as good, it was vastly superior in every way.

Stallion Free said:
The shooting controls were shit. And it looks horrible next to Allied Assault and Allied Assault had vastly superior weapon sounds. Allied Assault wasn't just as good, it was vastly superior in every way.

Of course it looked and played inferior to the pc version but I still enjoyed both immensely. I'm sorry you couldn't feel the same.

$60 price doesn't really concern me anymore, as I made it my new year's resolution to not spend over $29.99 on a single game. Since AAA releases never launch below $30, they can charge whatever the hell they want for it at launch for all I care.

Kinyou

So will there really be no problem in canceling the pre-order? I'm still very insecure about this game you know...

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Does the EA store operate as easily as Amazon (aka I can cancel my pre-order with ease at any time and they won't charge me until the item ships)?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TouchMyBox said:
$60 price doesn't really concern me anymore, as I made it my new year's resolution to not spend over $29.99 on a single game. Since AAA releases never launch below $30, they can charge whatever the hell they want for it at launch for all I care.

Ummm...what does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Or are you just trying to promote your 29.99 or bust movement?

cameltoe

Domino Theory said:
Does the EA store operate as easily as Amazon (aka I can cancel my pre-order with ease at any time and they won't charge me until the item ships)?

I would like to know this as well

Domino Theory said:

Seconded.

Cause Amazon ain't making with my BETA code and their site says their codes don't go out until the 21st.

I want it noooooow./whine

mbmonk

Stallion Free said:
Allied Assault still hasn't been topped.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THAT GAME!!! Amazing game.

btw, did it feel weird for anyone else to type "moh" in a search engine? I haven't done that is soooo long.

Hope this game is good but it looks really BFBC2-ish, so I am waiting until I see more and see if it sets itself apart.

I'm gonna miss the kill cam.

EDIT

How long did it take Amazon to push out pre order codes for SC2?

Anyone gotten a pre order code from Amazon? I'd like to play this over the weekend.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
slamskank said:
I'm sorry guys but I must be looking at a different game. Looks like more consolitis crap from DICE. Quit dicking around sellouts, give us BF3 already.
Dude just dropped a fucking truth bomb.

atomic-explosion-4.jpg

mbmonk

BobsRevenge said:
Fuck you Activision. Fuck you and your $60 precedent.

And fuck you EA for following along.

If Crysis 2 is $60 on PC I'm going to be pissed. Its the one game I'd actually buy at that price, but I'll hate it if I have to.

But they have to pay that licenscing fee to the platform holder.... WAIT A MINUTE!!!

mbmonk

Zuhzuhzombie!! said:
How long did it take Amazon to push out pre order codes for SC2?

Anyone gotten a pre order code from Amazon? I'd like to play this over the weekend.

I think they were about 24 - 36 hours behind Gamestop if I remember correctly.

carlosp

Banned
Stallion Free said:

heheh pc games.

MMaRsu

Banned
So do you still have to pre-order the game to get into the Beta even if you are a BC2 VIP member?

Which is ridiculous because for us Euro's it will be hard as fuck to even get a beta code then.. since almost no stores ever get any codes for any pre-order stuff here in The Netherlands :<.

Pre-order bullshit codes = massive fail

Eric WK

MMaRsu said:
So do you still have to pre-order the game to get into the Beta even if you are a BC2 VIP member?

Which is ridiculous because for us Euro's it will be hard as fuck to even get a beta code then.. since almost no stores ever get any codes for any pre-order stuff here in The Netherlands :<.

Yes, the point of the VIP reward is simply early access, not entitlement to the beta that others don't have.

Pre order online and cancel later.

blanky

MMaRsu said:

Did you try Gamemania yet? Most online retailers don't even list the game yet =/ (NL stores)

Eric WK

ToyMachine228 said:
Does the EA store charge you automatically or not until the game ships like Amazon does?

From what I've heard, not until the game ships. The cancellation process is stupid because you have to contact support and can't just do it manually, but I'd rather just get the code when I order than have to deal with Amazon and Gamestop being unclear about when they'll have codes.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
ToyMachine228 said:
Does the EA store charge you automatically or not until the game ships like Amazon does?

i was charged the entire price right out the gate. It may be different now tho, i preordered during PAX.

belvedere

Junior Butler
jonremedy said:
So I just bought this on Steam for the early beta access and whatnot. Anyone else getting this on PC?

I will be for sure.

Hey, does Steam charge your card immediately? I can't remember how this worked for the BC2 beta.

So is there any word on when GameStop and Amazon will be emailing their codes? And GameStop will not be handing them out manually until Monday correct?

Eric WK

ToyMachine228 said:
So is there any word on when GameStop and Amazon will be emailing their codes? And GameStop will not be handing them out manually until Monday correct?

Latest word from Gamestop is that the codes are on their shipping manifest and should arrive no later than Friday.

ToyMachine228 said:

I used PayPal, and it took the money straight away. I do believe you can cancel though with a quick email to EA support (which i plan to do, if the game is shit).

Also, 25% OFF PEOPLE - use this code at checkout VoucherCodes.com25%

I got it for £22.49.

Well this is bullshit. I preordered at amazon and only afterward saw they would be sending codes out on the 21st. I emailed them and sure enough, they know nothing about the VIP thing and were told to send them on the 21st by EA.

With the Afghan war as backdrop, I presumed we would get a realistic, maybe integer, game with MoH. After seeing MP footage all hope has faded. What we will get is COD: Afghan Warfare.

This could be nice, but it is looking a helluva lot like MW2. Really, couldn't they have done something to make it look different?

Still, maybe the SP is somewhat more unique.

Top Bottom