• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Money, Money, Money: The Official Neogaf Million Dollar Jewish Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
million-dollar-man.jpg

Sorry, if it's not funny to you. I've just always wanted to do a a gag based thread title based on some of the other ethnic, language, orientation threads titles I saw, just with a horribly stereotype in the thread title.

Yes, I recognize the irony of using Ted Dibase considering he is a Evangelist Minister.

Hey, if anyone want's to actually use it as a thread to discuss Jewish stuff or being Jewish, go for it.

I guess here is one to kick it off, does anyone consider themselves American Jewish as opposed to Jewish American?

DJ_Tet

Banned
It's probably not the topic for it...but why is 'jewish' a race and not a religion? Or is it both?

What's the distinction there?

Davidion

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Jewish and a New Yorker (granted for only a week, but Philadelphia before that FWIW). :D

Ahh, then this'll be a thread full of goys not understanding Jewish humor. :lol

Good luck to you.

Tristam said:
Standard logic notation! :thumbsup

I miss university. :(

I do it for the nerds, for real. :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Davidion said:
Ahh, then this'll be a thread full of goys not understanding Jewish humor. :lol

Good luck to you.

I do it for the nerds, for real. :lol

ur sekret nuanced humor club is 2 subtle 4 us shiksas

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait wait wait! HOLD IT!

Is this a topic about:

A) Gaffers being cheap asses and talking about ways to save money, a topic I would participate in

B) A topic for people of the Jewish faith to talk about... stuff.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Drkirby said:
Wait wait wait! HOLD IT!

Is this a topic about:

A) Gaffers being cheap asses and talking about ways to save money, a topic I would participate in

B) A topic for people of the Jewish faith to talk about... stuff.

C) Those two things are stereotypically not exclusive.

My best friend is Jewish, how many Jewish jokes a year does that allow me?
He always appreciates a good one he hasn't heard. I told him the 'difference between a Jew and a canoe" one last week.
look up the punchline if you want to know

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What a weird way to lose your thread making privileges.

Davedough

Since we're talking about stereotypes... I've been asked several times if I'm Jewish... usually by Jewish people. When I say no, they look at my large nose and usually go "really?"... in which I have to reassure them that no, I am not in fact Jewish.

If this thread can exist, I look forward to a future Negro-Age thread - and the inevitable White-Age thread that causes bans, and then a moratorium on all ethnicity/race/religion threads.

...I mean, carry on.

captmcblack said:
If this thread can exist, I look forward to a future Negro-Age thread - and the inevitable White-Age thread that causes bans, and then a moratorium on all ethnicity/race/religion threads.

...I mean, carry on.
Why would the white thread causes band huh?
Also, Jesus is white in your avatar...that's really strange.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
captmcblack said:

...I mean, carry on.
There was someone complaining about this on the hispanigaf thread. At least that one didn't start with a stereotype. :|

SmokyDave

captmcblack said:

...I mean, carry on.
Potential funny responses to your post: 484
Potential bannable funny responses to your post: 483

Damn you, now I have a fucking huge list to sift through :(

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Jewish mother, WASP father. I got the jewish nose and guilt, and the WASP skin and metabolism.
I consider myself a Jewish man when asked, but only in ethnicity.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
missbreedsiddx said:
Jewish mother, WASP father. I got the jewish nose and guilt, and the WASP skin and metabolism.
I consider myself a Jewish man when asked, but only in ethnicity.

I've always wanted to know this. Why is it acceptable for Jewish ( a religion) to be considered an ethnicity? When are people considered Israeli? Wouldn't that be more appropriate? I thought this would be seen as offensive for the longest time, until I was informed otherwise.

Veidt said:
I've always wanted to know this. Why is it acceptable for Jewish ( a religion) to be considered an ethnicity? When are people considered Israeli? Wouldn't that be more appropriate? I thought this would be seen as offensive for the longest time, until I was informed otherwise.

I have no clue, I consider myself an American Jew. I consider Israelis to be be really annoying Jews from Europe mixed with the worst traits of New York Jews. :lol

I look at Judaism as a religion, not an ethnic group, or nationality.

stressboy said:
I am Jewish and am still not a member of the Jewish World Conspiracy and it is pissing me off!

Did you file Form 12-D and slaughter at least 6 Christian Children during Passover? They raised they requirement from 5 last year and never bothered telling people. Such a Pain in the ass!

If that seems messed up to anyone, its a satire of the stupidity some people put in Anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. It should be both stupid and messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom