• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Staff Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
EviLore EviLore , are there any plans to make the select boxes in watched threads any bigger? They’re difficult to select on mobile and often end up opening the threads instead of selecting them.

Can you take a screenshot and show me what you mean?

bitbydeath

Nov 25, 2015
Can you take a screenshot and show me what you mean?

iPhone 8Plus
Boxes on the right take a lot of precision to check due to their small size.

Darkmakaimura

Dec 12, 2008
I so miss being able to upload photos here. I hate using Imgur or an external site.

Wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't for me being stuck on a stupid phone.

Aug 28, 2019
Alerts still broken for me on Chrome in desktop.. tried literally clearing all my watched threads, tried the "read all" a bunch, etc.

Randomly works occasionally and doesn't delete the number, but in general it does.

Like I woke up this morning with 14 notifications, and the alert stayed.. but for the last 45 minutes browsing GAF the alert hasn't worked.

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
My phone really doesn't like this new version...

There is a way to use the previous one?

or can i just personalize what to see? like if i want emoticon and spoiler tag without clicking the 3 dots...

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
Can anyone tell me how to GIF now? The only button I can hit is that paper+magnifying glass in the top right but it doesn't do anything at the moment?

If I can't gif, I'm borderline useless on this site. My intellectual shallowness will be exposed.

• LOL
Reactions: GymWolf

Musky_Cheese

Banned
Oct 23, 2016
Can anyone tell me how to GIF now? The only button I can hit is that paper+magnifying glass in the top right but it doesn't do anything at the moment?

If I can't gif, I'm borderline useless on this site. My intellectual shallowness will be exposed.
There is the chain link, the picture, and the 3 dots. Hit the picture.

The 3 dots brings up more options so now I can do this

washington nationals pointing GIF by MLB

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Maybe I missed it but how do I insert images? There used to be a box we could click on and insert images we had saved on our PC but I don't see it anymore.

Reactions: Jethalal

longdi

Ni hao ma, fellow kids?
Jun 7, 2004
how do i dismiss the similar threads at the bottom? they takes up too much scrolling time. 🤷‍♀️

Jethalal

Banned
Dec 19, 2020
Maybe I missed it but how do I insert images? There used to be a box we could click on and insert images we had saved on our PC but I don't see it anymore.
Not working as intended but from what I've noticed, it is working properly when you edit your post.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
There is the chain link, the picture, and the 3 dots. Hit the picture.

The 3 dots brings up more options so now I can do this

washington nationals pointing GIF by MLB

The picture is greyed out for me. I can't hit it! I wanted to gif you a response but I'm stuck looking like a damn fool typing these words!

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Oct 25, 2017
Image upload functionality has been restored. To upload images, simply click on the "+ Image" button below the posting box and select a file.

Your image will automatically be uploaded and inserted into your post, where it can be positioned and resized as needed.

As always, feedback - both good and bad - is welcome.

CloudNull

Banned
Oct 14, 2019
Image upload functionality has been restored. To upload images, simply click on the "+ Image" button below the posting box and select a file.

Your image will automatically be uploaded and inserted into your post, where it can be positioned and resized as needed.

As always, feedback - both good and bad - is welcome.

Fantastic work. You guys are making gaf even better and I appreciate you guys being so open to criticism. Hope the team has a fantastic holiday.

SafeOrAlone

Apr 26, 2020
Very cool. I really like the added "similar threads" section. Not too high on marking my notifications as read, but I'll adjust.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool. I really like the added "similar threads" section. Not too high on marking my notifications as read, but I'll adjust.
We are still fixing a few outstanding bugs with notifications, and are also working on some new functionality with how they work in general.

Reactions: SafeOrAlone

Darkmakaimura

Dec 12, 2008
So is uploading pics coming back? It's a real hassle on my phone to have to upload them to Imgur and forced to watch video ads before they upload and then link it back here.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Nice.But I keep getting "Upload Failed" even on images I know will work so maybe all the kinks are not out?
What file type and size? Upload it to Imgur or somewhere directly and we’ll grab it and see if it’s a browser issue or an implementation issue.