• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Staff Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

Snakeyes313

Apr 26, 2019
Leeds United Kingdom
Is it a bug when we win a giveaway that the code isnt there? won 3 giveaways and all say "Congratulations Snakeyes313, you won GAME from MRNOBODYS NeoGAF Giveaway. Your activation key is: Enjoy!

?

FreedomOfSpeech

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2019
Sometimes, I only get like half a page of content, with the bottom just cut off. Refresh usually fixes that.

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
I have been meaning to report this for a while, but since the last update, my selected text outline doesn't show up in dark mode anymore if I try to highlight part of my own post as I'm making it. I can still highlight other people's post and other text on the page, just not my own when I'm making a post. The text is still selected, I just can't see the outline of what I'm selecting, which is kinda annoying.

Anybody else have this issue?

Oh also, just general feedback, I dislike how quotes react in the new post editor when I'm trying to snip out large images from a post I'm replying to. It does that auto formatting which can easily get messed up if I hit enter where I didn't mean to.

Jul 29, 2013
US
Is it a bug when we win a giveaway that the code isnt there? won 3 giveaways and all say "Congratulations Snakeyes313, you won GAME from MRNOBODYS NeoGAF Giveaway. Your activation key is: Enjoy!

?
Keys are being delivered via the postal system. Please allow 6-8 weeks for shipping and handling.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
If I open multiple tabs in succession some don’t load. Happens with different browsers so the site is doing something. Some kind of flood protection? A bit too aggressive if so.

GeorgPrime

Bonus Member
Jan 9, 2020
Can someone explain to me how the quote function works?

When i quote a post and i answer it and i want to add another quote to it after i posted it.... how do i do it?

Do i click on quote and then go to the post i made and say insert quote?

I somehow accidentally create double post all the time lol

And how can i get out of the quote as soon as i put it into the post? I always seem stuck inside the quote window and cant add another text to it unless i post it, then click on edit and then add my own text.

Last edited:

Ivan

Nov 5, 2011
I must once again BEG for bigger fonts on mobile. I know that it is fixable, because many xenforo based forums have that option and it works great. Even our favourite resetera fixed it and bigger fonts now work on mobile.

But that doesn't mean anything if my favourite won't implement it :(

Last edited:

The Janitor

Jun 29, 2011
Is there any way to stop reddit videos from autoplaying? Every time I open a page that has a reddit video I'm immediately blasted with sound. Annoying as hell.

• Empathy
Reactions: IbizaPocholo

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
I'm on Firefox latest so maybe its unique to FF but I have a bug where it will sometimes ignore the first line break after a youtube video embed, so if I write out a post in this format:

<text>

<more text>

then it mostly (though not 100% of the time) comes out as:

<text>

<more text>

I have to do this to have it to be formatted like the first example:

<text>

<more text>

The small amount of times when this doesn't happen I am doing the double line break out of habit and it will actually display as it should without the "hack" and I have to edit and make it look like the first example.

I can provide screenshots if thats not clear, just let me know.

edit - lol even my examples won't display correctly, I had to use my "hack", the 2nd one is supposed to have <more text> be on the line below the youtube embed link, with no line break inbetween, but no matter what I can't get it to display like that.

edit 2 - Palliasso Palliasso Sorry if you aren't the right person to ping but is it possible to fix this?

Last edited: