• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest VI Renamed Dragon Quest VI: Realms Of Revelation?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dragona Akehi said:
"This vijiagame is named after the BIBLE!! Oh my dear Lord, I must buy it for Little Jimmy so that he can learn about JESUS!"

Does Jesus even make an appearance on Revelations?

More like a cameo or something.

ShockingAlberto said:
Worked for God Hand.

Wait.

Sin and Punishment was too subtle about its God-fearing themes.

ShockingAlberto said:
Worked for God Hand.

Wait.

"DRAGON QUEST clearly is a PARABLE for fighting against the machinations of SATAN THE DEVIL and being delivered UNTO JESUS through the TIME OF TRIBULATIONS which we are SUFFERING THROUGH RIGHT NOW. I better buy a dozen copies TO GIVE OUT AT SUNDAY SCHOOL."

Mael

Dragona Akehi said:
"DRAGON QUEST clearly is a PARABLE for fighting against the machinations of SATAN THE DEVIL and being delivered UNTO JESUS through the TIME OF TRIBULATIONS which we are SUFFERING THROUGH RIGHT NOW. I better buy a dozen copies TO GIVE OUT AT SUNDAY SCHOOL."

Hey if that means more people buy the game...why not?
edit : damn it

Porridge

Dragona Akehi said:
"DRAGON QUEST unquestionably is a FABLE for fighting against the intrigues of SATAN THE DEVIL and being delivered UNTO JESUS through the TIME OF TRIBULATIONS which we are WALLOWING WITHIN ONCE IN A WHILE. I better buy a bunch of duplicates TO DELIVER TO DUDES AND DUDETTES AT SUNDAY SCHOOL."

Fixed to go along with DQ's localization methods.

EDIT: I tried.

Metallix87

Awesome.

Now just promise me you'll localize Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, and I'll forever love and respect you, Square-Enix.

Aeana

Metallix87 said:
Awesome.

Now just promise me you'll localize Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, and I'll forever love and respect you, Square-Enix.
Pretty sure DQMJ2 is coming, though admittedly it's been a bit since I last heard anything.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gunloc said:
Square Enix Presents...

Dragon Quest VI: Blue Haired Goku's Adventure in Mirror Land

I'd say he's more like the bastard son of Goku and Trunks, except that Trunks is already in the party and that would be creepy.

Himuro said:
Ugh I hope DQ9 sold well ugh

AEANA

AEANA NOW'S WHEN YOU LEAK STUFF

Himuro said:
Ugh I hope DQ9 sold well ugh
I really think it sold more than the remakes. More people seem to talk about it in the message boards and it's getting more love through ads and commercials.

I don't know if the Nintendo name will help but it probably didn't hurt.

And Seth Green! :D

Amir0x

Banned
Gravijah said:
Revelation would grab the much needed casual fan better... gut reaction, at least.

Let's face it they could name it Dragon Quest: Wii Sports Inside and it still wouldn't make a difference there.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I really think it sold more than the remakes. More people seem to talk about it in the message boards and it's getting more love through ads and commercials.

I don't know if the Nintendo name will help but it probably didn't hurt.

And Seth Green! :D
It unquestionably sold better than the remakes in the UK. It even charted higher than DQ8 did, though that doesn't tell us anything about the actual number.

I don't want to get my hopes up but I have a fairly good feeling about DQ9's sales.

Prime crotch said:
They remade VI already? I am out of touch. Did they remade III on DS as well, that and V were my favourites.
No remake of 3 on DS, they remade that one twice already so I'm not sure when it's due again.

Prime crotch said:
They remade VI already? I am out of touch. Did they remade III on DS as well, that and V were my favourites.
DQVI DS came out in Japan in January.

III hasn't had a recent port/remake yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. (Along with I, II & VII.)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Might get it... How was the game?

farnham

Banned
so DQ 6 is comming

YES!

ULTROS! said:
its probably the prettiest RPG on the SNES

the DS remake however reuses the DQ DS Remake engines

which means it looks good but not too special

Storywise its pretty interesting with a few twists.

Gameplay is just DQ

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
6 is one of my favorites. I was disappointed with the remake as it is way too similar to the original game with few improvements, but people playing it for the first time won't care about that.

But you should play 5 already.

Stencil

I'm curious as to how DQIX sold as well... I almost bought a second copy for my little cousin, but alas, I am just a poor collegiate. I would hate to feel guilty for not buying a second copy if it didn't do so hot...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Aeana said:
6 is one of my favorites. I was disappointed with the remake as it is way too similar to the original game with few improvements, but people playing it for the first time won't care about that.

But you should play 5 already.

Need to finish IX first, then try to at least complete FFIV and at the same start with DQV. I don't want my gaming backlog to be horribly long!

Stencil said:
I'm curious as to how DQIX sold as well... I almost bought a second copy for my little cousin, but alas, I am just a poor collegiate. I would hate to feel guilty for not buying a second copy if it didn't do so hot...

In Japan? More than 4m.

ULTROS! said:
I played it for the first time in January when it came out, and I really liked it. From a story standpoint, it's such an odd game. The initial pacing is very different from other games in the series. You can tell Horii had Chrono Trigger on the brain around the same time.

Gameplay-wise, it's pretty good stuff. The job system is pretty deep, probably deeper than most people will scratch to be honest.

The characters, while not so interesting at first, develop fairly nicely throughout the course of the game. Oh, and the vignettes are among the finest in the series.

ULTROS!

Segata Sanshiro said:
I played it for the first time in January when it came out, and I really liked it. From a story standpoint, it's such an odd game. The initial pacing is very different from other games in the series. You can tell Horii had Chrono Trigger on the brain around the same time.

Gameplay-wise, it's pretty good stuff. The job system is pretty deep, probably deeper than most people will scratch to be honest.

The characters, while not so interesting at first, develop fairly nicely throughout the course of the game. Oh, and the vignettes are among the finest in the series.

Thanks for the impressions, I did find DQIX's vignettes okay, but since DQVI has the finest ones in the series, I'd be definitely looking into it.

Aeana

6 and 7 definitely have Horii's strongest little stories. I kind of feel like he spent his best ideas on those two games.

ULTROS!

I want to try VII but I don't I feel motivated enough to play it (maybe due to time and the immense backlog).

Although I do remember that VII had some weird translations (such as overinflated texts).

I'll also never forget Maribel's "I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" line.

Gravijah

ULTROS! said:
I want to try VII but I don't I feel motivated enough to play it (maybe due to time and the immense backlog).

Although I do remember that VII had some weird translations (such as overinflated texts).

I'll also never forget Maribel's "I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" line.

Stop reminding me about my horrible backlog. Time to go drown myself in various remixes of magical sound shower! :(

Top Bottom