• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World's dumbest thief caught in family photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...-purse-snatcher-thwarted-by-his-own-photobomb

We know that a picture is worth a thousand words, but is a picture worth a stolen purse?

That's certainly the experience of the Myers family, who recently visited Madison, Wisconsin, to attend a wedding. The family shared a pretty remarkable tale with Gizmodo. The Myers clan posed for a picture outside of the Wisconsin State Capitol building at the same moment that someone decided to walk off with one of the family's bags. When the Myerses took a closer look at the photo their camera had snapped, they noticed that they had caught the robber in the act — a felonious photobomb, if you will. Take a closer look:

In an email to the tech website, they describe what happened next:

When I saw the guy with his hand in my bag, I ran back inside and found the Capitol Police. They were amazing. They immediately sent out a description of the thief using the photo I took. In a few minutes, one officer had found him still in the area. The thief had dumped some things from the bag in a nearby trash can — the flash for my camera, a small backpack of kids toys, a bag of cables, extra SD cards, my mini tripod — but still in my bag were my wallet with cash, credit cards, hotel keys, rental car keys, and my iPad.

The Police recovered everything and hauled the guy off to jail.

So there you go ... a happy ending, on the other side of a Kodak moment.

Picture-1.png

Picture-2.png

:lol

Fusebox

Banned
What the hell is with the fashion in this photo?

Foreground guy has an "I lost a bet" baby blue suit with a psuedo-piano tie and what appears to be a pair of crocodile skin thongs, and the thief is dorking it up on with his white socks and brown loafers.

Looks like the publicity shot of a bad European comedy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is the little girl in the pink Kamen Rider or something?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The millisecond I opened the thread I thought I recognized that....I walk by/through that capitol building to work every day. :lol

What a moran.

FOOTE

I went from thinking 'that dude is stupid' to 'that girl is at least 4 years too young to be estimating this sort of thing'.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
thetrin said:
Is the little girl in the pink Kamen Rider or something?

The shoes are so mismatched though. You can see a little bit of them.

And lol at the penis size approximation. This picture is gold.

L00P

BertramCooper said:
Did they just leave their bag sitting there? If so, they're every bit as dumb as the thief.

No, they clearly put the bag in that spot so that it can be seen in their photo shoot. They also told the photographer to not shoot their photograph until someone tried to steal the bag. Clearly the poor dude was set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom