• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite album of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prez

If you can choose only one album, which would it be? Mine would be:

fphjq.png

If you have more than 1 favorite album, don't post :D

NGAMER9

Aenima.jpg

Tool's Aenima. It changes all the time though for me. Roger Waters' Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is often there too.

Doytch

cp53q.jpg

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Some others come close, and may take the lead for a while, but I always come back to WYWH. Beautiful album.

rexor0717

I want to say
Nightfall+In+Middle-Earth.jpg
Its closely followed by Imaginations From the Other Side, but I think this wins out. I love Blind Guardian too much.

Probably this:

bt_this_binary_universe_cd_cover.jpg

This Binary Universe taps into BT's classical side, with expansive arrangements and intricate, albeit minimalist, thematic development. From the opening of "All That Makes Us Human Continues," BT reveals himself as a master of Eno-esque melancholy, as simple melodies evolve through an electro-orchestral instrumental palette. Lounge jazz with solos in the key of abstract, plaintive arpeggiated guitars, electro marches, minimalist hymns, and pastoral dreamscapes drive an album that seeks out joy and redemption, but not without traveling through the dark. The last track, "Good Morning Kaia," is a paean to his newborn daughter, and the most purely anthemic track on the disc.

Shorty

Banned
Doytch said:
cp53q.jpg

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Some others come close, and may take the lead for a while, but I always come back to WYWH. Beautiful album.
One of my favourites too. The guitar in the beginning of SOYCD gives me the shivers.

Get'sMad

I've had many in my life, but at this point probably these two;

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Burial - Untrue

(I'd throw the Smiths - Louder Than Bombs in there but its technically a comp.)

HiResDes

modernkicks said:
I've had many in my life, but at this point probably these two;

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Burial - Untrue

(I'd throw the Smiths - Louder Than Bombs in there but its technically a comp.)
That's cheap...You have to nail it down to one.

Don't take my pick

Chony

Dark Side of the Moon

- This album hasn't got old, won't get old and will never be old in the sense that it is timeless akin to classical music. Maybe I'm being premature in that statement, but in 100 years how many other albums will still be listened to from the past 50 years? Beatles, yeah, but this will too lay at the peak of rock and roll (broad genre speaking) and music in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom