• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West |OT| I Die, You Die.

Oli

2dk0hzn.jpg

-INFO-

Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Publisher: Namco
Developer: Ninja Theory
Release Date: October 5th (NA)

21orcxc.jpg
mb4tno.jpg

-PRESS RELEASES-

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (Sept. 3, 2010) – Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., today announced that ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ has gone gold for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Featuring influences and contributions from top music and film industry talent, ENSLAVED combines beautifully rendered graphics and captivating music with seamless animation and engrossing gameplay. Developed by Ninja Theory Ltd., the post-apocalyptic action-adventure will be released throughout North America on October 5, 2010.
Set 150 years in the future, ENSLAVED takes place in an unrecognizable America, where war and destruction have ravaged the population leaving few human survivors and a world reclaimed by nature. Mysterious slave ships roam the land, capturing the dwindling population for unknown purposes and taking them out west, never to return. Technologically savvy young Trip and strong brutish Monkey are two survivors who have both been imprisoned by one of these slave ships. Trip manages to escape by using her mental prowess while Monkey, uses his raw physical power to tear through his confines. Trip knows that she can not make it safely back home on her own, but believes that Monkey is her only chance to survive. She hacks into a slave headband and fits it on Monkey to link them together – if she dies, he dies… Her journey has now become his.
Together Monkey and Trip form an unlikely, but complementary team whose respective strengths will be critical in their journey. In ENSLAVED, players take direct control of Monkey, with gameplay revolving around combat, strategy and environmental traversal. Monkey attacks and defends using his trusty staff weapon to deliver punishing melee attacks and combos, ranged stun and plasma blasts, blocks, and intense finishing takedowns. Players must survey each environment and work closely with AI partner Trip to ensure both make it through each area’s dangers and progress safely onwards. Trip provides vital support with her cerebral talents, offering Monkey invaluable intel on enemies, identifying optimal routes, upgrading Monkey’s abilities and more.
A selection of exclusive incentive items is available to customers who purchase the game from several participating retailers, ranging from downloadable content (DLC) to limited quantity retail packs that come bundled with the game and bonus item. Additional premium post-launch DLC will also be available and details will be released in the coming months.
ENSLAVED is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and will have an MSRP of $59.99. For more information about ENSLAVED, please visit www.enslaved-thegame.com or www.namcobandaigames.com.

-SCREENS-

14n3c50.jpg
20jmgxz.jpg
izp1xe.jpg
2afzq4n.jpg
etcu1i.jpg
kd3444.jpg
2aafpdk.jpg
14jlzdy.jpg

-REVIEWS-

Edge 220 - 8/10
GamesRadar - 8/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
Gamespot - 8/10
1UP - B+
IGN - 8/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Destructoid - 9/10
GiantBomb - 4/5

P.S. DmC discussion = Ban
ana, cause of Monkey, haha.

Haunted

FOR

Liked the demo well enough, will get this once it hits the bomba bins. (Which will be very soon, I'd wager).

Honestly, I enjoyed the demo for this WAYYYYYYY more then I even imagined possible. Consider me wanting to play the full game.

Oli

Darklord said:
I'll wait for reviews but I think it looks alright.

Same here.

Enjoyed the demo, so I'm at least gonna keep an eye on it. May wait for a price drop though, I expect it before too long sadly.

Peff

Should have added a "He Dies..." too. I'm still looking forward to it, but there's Castlevania and Vanquish too. Decisions, decisions.

GCX

Who the hell designed that boxart? The white space around the Ninja Theory logo makes it look so lazy.

I'm going to play this at some point but my pre-order money went to Castlevania. Hoping UK price will drop to 17.95 GBP relatively soon. :D

Haunted

NinjaFusion said:
Damn... there goes the Enslaved OT i was working on.

(T_T)

nice job though.
PM the OP and see if he can incorporate/paste some of your stuff into the OP. OT collaborations are fine.

forrest

formerly nacire
Demo seemed great though it suffered from a few nit picky glitches and poor texture work. I thought the story and setting was really intriguing. Will pick it up when the pocket book allows.

bridegur

The platforming in the demo felt extremely automatic, which is sort of a drag. I'll wait and see what reviews have to say.

Ikkarus

I will definitely pick this game up when it comes out. Demo was good, got a Uncharted vibe from it which isn't a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Don't really understand why a lot of people are hating on the game though.

EDGE gave it a 8 which by their standards is brilliant.

Synless

I will inevitably pick this up when it gets a bit lower in price on the 360, the PS3 version is kind of a mess.

wouwie

The demo didn't convince me to buy day one which is a shame since i was very much looking forward to this game (love the genre). This is one game that i will most definately pick up when cheaper though because i'd like to see how the story unfolds.

Also, pity about the platforming, which doesn't seem to have any challenge at all. The character only moves in one direction and to make it even easier, that direction is clearly indicated. I tried dying in the demo but there is no way to die in the platform sections. That game design decision puzzles me since there seem to be some great platform sections in the game.

Haunted said:
Liked the demo well enough, will get this once it hits the bomba bins. (Which will be very soon, I'd wager).
Yep. Well this one or Castlevania, depending on which one goes under £20 first.

Ah the boxart is bad:/

Synless said:
I will inevitably pick this up when it gets a bit lower in price on the 360, the PS3 version is kind of a mess.
I missed the comparison discussion, does the 360 demo run better than the Ps3 one?

JohngPR

I'm going to play the Castlevania demo and then decide from there which of the two games I'm getting. I'd love to say I'm getting both but it's not in the cards.

Dever

Banned
bridegur said:
The platforming in the demo felt extremely automatic, which is sort of a drag. I'll wait and see what reviews have to say.

It's not just extremely automatic, it is completely automatic. You literally can not make a wrong jump and fall to your death, at least in the demo. Unless I'm wrong of course?

Concept17

The demo had way too much hand-holding and was far too easy. The presentation was pretty well done however and the story had me interested. If the full game is actually a challenge to play, it could be a good game. I doubt the platforming changes however.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I would add a link in the OP to the demo discussion thread.

I look forward to this one I think, I enjoyed Heavenly Sword.

Synless

Mt Heart Attack said:
Yep. Well this one or Castlevania, depending on which one goes under £20 first.

Ah the boxart is bad:/

I missed the comparison discussion, does the 360 demo run better than the Ps3 one?
It certainly does.

I'm in. Totaly enjoyed that demo. Monkey looks, sounds and plays nice. Gotta love his movement and facial animation. Game's world and colors in levels looks marvellous. Too bad UE3 shines so badly.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Demo was a bit too automated for my tastes

and the GB quick look demonstrating the puzzle/combat side didn't do anything for me either

I'll rent when I have nothing else to play maybe.

October is going to be all about Vanquish for me anyways

Corto

I did not liked the demo, but the reviews make me curious enough to wait and see what the whole package has to offer. I will follow the post launch opinions here too. It's on my radar, for sure.

Top Bottom