• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story Releasing January 27th In Japan, New Screens

thefro

Japan release date is January 27th

Sakaguchi says on the Mistwalker site
I’m working hard on the game improvement everyday, since I have given a pretty long tuning period. There is also a lot of fine tuning, but when those pile up, it could be big. God is in the details. But I recently feel and have a sense to say; maybe I will become lonely when The Last Story is completed. It is the same pain such as my own child starting their journey.

4 new screens from the conference
img_6-5.jpg

img_6-6.jpg

img_6-7.jpg

img_6-8.jpg

Jackal & Manamia artwork
img_chara.jpg
img_chara.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZxXkRh9xb0#t=1m58s
7 seconds of new footage from the Nintendo Wii Software Lineup Video

2 new images from Famitsu.com
7pvco.jpg

vTQoA.jpg

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
This game looks ridiculously good. I'm not sure which dark arts they're using to get such great graphics out of the Wil but I don't care as long as this game comes out in the west.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this has so much potential.

fingers crossed.

wrowa

Speed. Seek. Unhide. Every word in the screens are in English... hmm.

Edit: What happened here. Now I feel out of place! :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
New threads for new news.

wrowa said:

Now I bet your edit feels out of place. :p

ILikeFeet

Banned
Gravijah said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/slsj/character/img/jackal/img_chara.jpg[/mg]

wtf kind of sandals are these?[/QUOTE]Practical ones. Too bad neither of the female characters wear sandals

Game looks awesome

thefro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZxXkRh9xb0#t=1m58s
7 seconds of footage here at the end of the Wii Software Lineup video. Note that it shows the player controlling Quark in one section, so you're not just playing Elza for the entire game.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Got links to the other character art pics on the site? Don't know how to save them from there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22692113&postcount=2550
This post from the old thread has the other 5 pieces of character art.

wrowa said:

Holy frijoles! Good eye! The average Japanese person doesn't even know what "seek" means, so this must be from the English version!

duckroll

It's really a pity that the Wii is finally getting really high quality JRPGs like Xenoblade and Last Story, but the audience have mostly moved on. Poor sales won't really benefit the developers or Nintendo, but there's nothing they can do about it.

Beth Cyra

duckroll said:
It's really a pity that the Wii is finally getting really high quality JRPGs like Xenoblade and Last Story, but the audience have mostly moved on. Poor sales won't really benefit the developers or Nintendo, but there's nothing they can do about it.

You say that as if there has been anything to test if the audience has moved on in the west. Unless you mean strictly Japan, but was there ever really a big fanbase in the first place?

duckroll said:

Yeah, I sometimes think about that when I see media of either game. In an ideal world these games would get enough attention to grow into franchises but it's hard to see it happening.

Haunted

duckroll said:
The biggest pity is that this might prevent them from releasing these high quality games outside of Japan. Everyone loses.

Azure J

I am so hyped for this game. Please make it out of Japan. Please? :(

Also, the last gameplay pic in the OP makes me think immature thoughts. :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Most everything revealed about this game so far sounds great, I'm hoping that the battle system will live up to that... a bit worried from what I've heard about it so far; Sakaguchi is at his best when doing turn-based/ATB type stuff.

Wazzim

Banned
Will buy a Wii for this one, sure I will get some other games too but this is the one pushing me to purchase one. I hope western release will not be too far off.

jeremy1456

duckroll said:

I bet that in Japan it outsells all the other Mistwalker games, along with 90% of the JRPGs released on the HD twins.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I probably missed it, but did we finally get confirmation on the actaul developer? It turned out to not be cavia, right?

Either way, it's an absolute Day 1 for me (so would be Xenoblade), so lets hope they send 'er over.

That's Fatal Frame 2 remake.

Why would Earth Seeker be dead? The game was only announced a few months ago. Probably like a month ago or something.

PSGames

duckroll said:

Yeah sad really. This game looks incredible. How capable do you think 3DS will be to port something like this to it?

A Last Story port to 3DS would be freaking amazing :D

2San

This thread is making me sad. Hope the game is good and somehow gets an English release.

Tears For Fears said:
The true king of the JRPG genre, Sakaguchi at his finest.
Fixed.

Top Bottom