• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA's Soderlund: "Obviously We've Been Exposed To PSP2, But I Can't Talk About That."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that EA's joining the fashionable trend of talking about unannounced handhelds.

CVG said:
In a new interview, which will be published on CVG soon, we asked EA's Soderlund: "Have you had any exposure at all to the PSP2?"

He replied: "Well, obviously as a developer we have had that - but I'm not allowed to talk about it."

Soderland was obviously reluctant to talk about Sony's new hardware - and skilfully avoided giving away any more detail.

When asked about his expectations for the console, he said: "We can't talk about it because of our relationship with Sony obviously, which is... That's just the way it is."

Soderland's comments come after Mortal Kombat's executive producer Shaun Himmerick's admission that his studio had access to PSP2. We think it's safe to say that the console's out there as we speak. Who wants one?
Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=273297

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I wish he had said- 'Its pretty powerful though'
Cause then there would've been so much speculation and interesting posts to read.:D

Dambrosi

Banned
Ignis Fatuus said:
The first rule of PSP2: You do not talk about PSP2.
Indeed.
In a new interview, which will be published on CVG soon, we asked EA's Sodaland: "Have you had any exposure at all to the PSP2?"

He replied: "Well, obviously as a developer we have had that - but I'm not allowed to talk about it." He looked downwards as he spoke, and he seemed to be perspiring.

When pressed further, Sodaland's demeanour took on a more strident tone. "I... I'm not allowed! Don't ask me!" he snapped at one of our female representatives.

Sodaland was obviously reluctant to talk about Sony's new hardware - and showing signs of stress over the issue. Clearly, something was up.

When asked about his expectations for the console, his behaviour became more strangely erratic. Now sweating profusely, his eyes darting from shadow to shadow as if looking for some exit, he stammered: "We--we can't t-talk about it b-b-because of our... relationship with Sony obviously, w-which is... That's just the way it is."

He then mopped his brow as he gently pushed our reporter aside, saying that he would answer no more questions. When pressed, he suddenly turned and, red-faced with anger, almost yelled in our reporter's face "Stop asking meeeeeee!", then ran towards the nearby men's restroom, apparently locking himself in one of the farther cubicles.

What we heard from within the cubicle was disturbing, to say the least. The EA rep had started to what can only be described as "speak in tongues", all the while babbling and screaming almost incoherent obscenities at the toilet he was sitting on, among other things. The most interesting things we could make out of his incontinent blather were things like "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't want to, but they wouldn't stop asking meeeeeee " and "NooooooonononononononoNO the walls the walls are BLEEDING he is coming he is coming he is coming he is coming--". What we heard next was a squishing, wet sound, like raw minced beef being kneeded and prodded with a fork, and a horrific scream that startled us enough to make us step back, which then turned to a sinister, frenzied mix of crying and laughter, and then..."I CAN STILL SEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

It was at that moment that we decided to, er, contact the authorities - yeah, that's it. We certaily did not run out of the restroom screaming like little girls and soiling ourselves, as some less reputable sites might have you believe.

Sodaland's "comments" come after Vorpal Kombat's executive producer Shawn Hammerlick's admission that his studio had access to PSP2 - and his tragic apparent self-mutilation with a spork just hours afterwards. We think it's safe to say that the console (as well as...something else) is out there as we speak. Who wants one?
*names changed to protect my innocence.

"Obviously We've Been Exposed To PSP2, But I Can't Talk About That."

Better get to the doctors and that seen to. Could get a nasty rash!

Diablos

WE'VE BEEN EXPOSED

Kinda curious to learn about its functionality, not so much its specs. PSP2 will have to be pretty successful with Nintendo's stanglehold on the market, not to mention iPhone/Droid apps.

Salsa

Diablos said:
WE'VE BEEN EXPOSED

fallout.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fox318 said:
Second rule of PSP2: No second analogue stick.
If this is true, Sony hasn't learned shit/listened to fans and deserves a flop.

Also, now you've jinxed it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i hope psp2 will be good stuff. some games on psp1 were great, add a second stick and maybe 3D or a higher res screen and ill be happy.

Dambrosi said:
Indeed.

*names changed to protect my innocence.

I loled.

And to be honest I'm tired of hearing about the PSP2 without any concrete information. Sony needs to come out with it already.

Yen

ultron87 said:
He can't talk about it because he IS the PSP2! As is everyone who's used it!!!!!

Dun Dun Daahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
M. Night twist: There is no Dan Soderland working for EA

Top Bottom