• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 226 Reviews

Empty

taken from digdugdo on the rllmuk forum

Reviews

Dragon Age 2 - 6
Homefront - 5
Bulletstorm - 9
Test Drive Unlimited 2 -7
Pilotwings Resort - 6
Nintendogs+Cats - 7
The 3rd Birthday - 7
The Last Story - 8
Total War: Shogun 2 - 9
Motorstorm Apocalypse - 8
Pixeljunk Shooter 2 - 8
Yakuza 4 - 7
SpaceChem - 9
Fight Night Champions - 9
Gods Eater Burst - 6

also inside the magazine
Cover Story is Dark Souls (360/PS3)

Previews include Deus Ex: HR, Anarchy Reigns, Brink, The Witcher 2, Dead Island, Call of Juarez: TC, EDF:IA, Hunted:TDF & Virtua Tennis 4

Features include a look aty The Last Guardian, El-Shaddai:The Asecension Of The Metatron, an audience with Danny Bilson (THQ bloke), and Sound Advice (talking to designers remoddelling the soundscapes as audio in games reaches new levels).

Time Extend is Skate and Making of... is Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

BeeDog

MS3, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and Yakuza 4 \o/ Awesome score for Shogun 2 as well, but I probably won't get it seeing as I had a very hard time getting into Napoleon.

Riposte

The fact Nintendogs+Cats could get such a score always bewildered me. I suppose it fairs nicely if you only compare it to, I don't know, Petz stuff?

SykoTech

gogogow said:
This must be one of the most positive Edge issue.

Indeed. Don't think I ever remember seeing this many 8s and 9s in one issue.

Nice to see Shogun 2 do exceedingly well. At least Sega can still deliver at something.

An EDGE "8" is pretty good for Motorstorm, and an EDGE "7" is impressive for Yakuza 4. I plan on picking them both up at some point (I already have and love Pacific Rift, but 4 would be my first Yakuza game).

1-D_FTW

Anyone know what they said about Homefront? I really want to like this game, but every bone inside of me is screaming it's a CoD wannabe and to run from it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm guessing that with respect to Homefront, they're reviewing the single player rather than the multiplayer, and their complaints are that the campaign doesn't do anything new and it's shockingly short-lived.

Always-honest said:
wow, it bulletstorm really that good? didn't like the demo much..

It gets so much better after the first two hours in the game. The demo really didn't show the game in the best way. It's one of the great games that just focus strictly on its game mechanics.

When does the magazine hit for iPad users?

Always-honest said:

I'd say it's a 7. The game looks good and the whip/kick mechanic work great but the game doesn't really give you a reason to keep attempting new kills. You quickly rack up tons of points with nothing to spend them on.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Riposte said:
The fact Nintendogs+Cats could get such a score always bewildered me. I suppose it fairs nicely if you only compare it to, I don't know, Petz stuff?

Nintendogs+Cats sounds like one of the more comprehensive showcases of the hardware. In terms of using all the features. So maybe that's why it gets some brownie points.

The Pilotwings score is a bit disappointing after the Eurogamer review though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dragon Age 2 - 6
Homefront - 5
Bulletstorm - 9
Test Drive Unlimited 2 -7
Pilotwings Resort - 6
Nintendogs+Cats - 7
The 3rd Birthday - 7
The Last Story - 8
Total War: Shogun 2 - 9
Motorstorm Apocalypse - 8
Pixeljunk Shooter 2 - 8

expensive month

loved bulletstorm, still need to buy pixeljunk 2, motorstorm, pilotwings and nintendogs. Now curious about spacechem too

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I see they gave DA:O a 5. I take it they're not big CRPG fans then?
I remember people saying the bad score was due to them playing the PS3 version but I'm not Dragon Age-age expert.

Josh7289

Riposte said:
I find it more fun than most games in that list. Different tastes, I guess? It's nice to just raise a pet and collect new items, change your house around, etc. And the game has so much care put into it, overall and in all the details. I appreciate that.

Riposte said:

I'm more amazed at the consistently high scores that rehashed CoD gets every year. Obviously these games don't appeal to you, but they appeal to others. It's often good to sit back and reflect on the fact that most people see the world very differently to you.

hsukardi

Always wanted to ask, who is this?

KFkKh.gif

What the hell, Homefront a 5, that is much more surprising to me than the Dragon Age II grade. Thought it would actually be a good title. Ah well, less to buy.

Garjon

Wow at 5 for Homefront, I hope Stumpy is right here; I was looking forward to Homefront's multiplayer. From what I've seen of the SP so far though, a 5 is spot on.

Starwolf_UK said:
I remember people saying the bad score was due to them playing the PS3 version but I'm not Dragon Age-age expert.
Seems about right, it always puzzled me how notorious the PS3 version of Bayonetta is on here when the PS3 Dragon Age is about a hundred times worse.

Dabanton

Always-honest said:

The demo was awesome if you realised what the game was attempting to do.

The actual game is seriously good. It starts off crazy then just goes upwards from there can't see another FPS game having a better campaign than BulletStorm this year.

Seriously surprised at how quite a few people are sleeping on this game but like i said in the other thread this game will have a lot of LTTP threads this year.

Top Bottom