• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 226 Reviews

MMaRsu

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah, I hated the demo and wrote the game off. But I respect EDGE more than any other site/mag combined and they are always the closest to my personal opinion of games so because of their score, I'll give Bulletstorm a second chance.

I didn't like the demo either but loved the full game.

whatevermort said:
Quick and dirty teaser grab for next month's issue:

20110310-d21skmwjgu9ak1s6b4qi5u5wrr.jpg

Portal 2 with HL2Ep3 reveal confirmed.

JohngPR

MMaRsu said:
Why? All footage I've seen so far looks boring and quite generic.
Just thought that the campaign mode might have been able to capture a more personal side of war that the current COD games haven't really covered.

Krauser Kat said:
How did the DA:O get a 5. I fucking love that game. Deserves all the credit ME gets and then some.

The console version of DA:O deserved a 5.
If the 5 was for the PC version, someone had problems over at Edge...major problems.

Zeliard

Saw that DA2 score coming.

Deserving scores for Bulletstorm and Fight Night Champion. I've been playing the shit out of the latter lately and it's really damn smooth, despite the 30 fps cap.

IMACOMPUTA

Zeliard said:
Saw that DA2 score coming.

Deserving scores for Bulletstorm and Fight Night Champion. I've been playing the shit out of the latter lately and it's really damn smooth, despite the 30 fps cap.

and cheesy/stupid single punch ko-moments.

Hixx

StuBurns said:
You could be right...

a_04_cr_peu_1a.jpg

EA has an unannounced action game that relates to anatomy. I'm going to guess it's that.

The centre of that brain looks like a grinning goblin.

is it REALLY a surprise that homefront is going to be awful?

it has looked awful since it has been announced and shown from day one.

and dragon age... is that even a video game?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Bullestorm 9? From Edge? Wow, they are so random these days. Not even Gears of War 1 (or 2 I think?) got a 9.

It's a fun game, but not an "Edge 9" in my books. Though I haven't agreed with Edge's reviews in a long, long time.

V_Arnold said:
Try again once more, with feeling.

Okay.

Criticism for depth of a fighting game should be based on its subsystems and character variety. Not on combo design. You're just using a cop-out means to disregard it, like sanford.

nib95

Banned
Motorstorm 8 and Bulletsorm 9? Higher than expected lol. But then again it is Edge, nothing is too predictable. Now and again they dish out the high scores just as excessively as the low one's.

Curufinwe

Thunderbear said:
Bullestorm 9? From Edge? Wow, they are so random these days. Not even Gears of War 1 (or 2 I think?) got a 9.

It's a fun game, but not an "Edge 9" in my books. Though I haven't agreed with Edge's reviews in a long, long time.

You haven't agreed with any of them?

Gaaraa

Was just wondering the same thing when i saw this topic again.

Seemed to get the last issue through Zinio on time, wonder whats going on?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The_Player said:
wat. The MP unplayable. How can they give such a good mark according to SP alone?!
Because press outlets write their reviews before games are actually released.

Dance In My Blood said:
Because press outlets write their reviews before games are actually released.
That was a rhetorical question. It's almost the same as review CoD titles according to only their boring campains.

Curufinwe

There's a fairly long discussion at the end of the latest 1up Games Dammit podcast where Matt and Scooter basically use Edge's 5/10 for Homefront as evidence that Edge are biased against American games and biased towards European games. It was in response to a question I asked in their submit questions for the podcast thread.

I personally think Homefront with it's paltry 71 Metacritic score is a terrible choice to support that particular argument, but it's cool that they have the balls to make those kind of accusations about another gaming publication.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Curufinwe said:
There's a fairly long discussion at the end of the latest 1up Games Dammit podcast where Matt and Scooter basically use Edge's 5/10 for Homefront as evidence that Edge are biased against American games and biased towards European games. It was in response to a question I asked in their submit questions for the podcast thread.

I personally think Homefront with it's paltry 71 Metacritic score is a terrible choice to support that particular argument, but it's cool that they have the balls to make those kind of accusations about another gaming publication.
Thirteen out of 1UP's last fifteen reviews are a B- or higher. It must be a lot easier to deride your competition for being critical of games when they can't return the favor.

stupei

Gaaraa said:
Was just wondering the same thing when i saw this topic again.

Seemed to get the last issue through Zinio on time, wonder whats going on?

Yeah, was wondering the same thing.

Reassuring at least to know it's not just me...

Mar

Curufinwe said:

Terrible example because a metacritic score of 71 is similar to an Edge 5? Or for other reasons?

Funny the reaction that 5 has got. A 5 in Edge is still a passable score.

Curufinwe

Yeah, terrible because given the scale most sites use, 7/10 is an average score on Metacritic and 5/10 is actually an average score from Edge because they use the whole scale.

I could understand some people in the American gaming press started casting asperions if a Halo game with a 90+ Metacritic score got a 5/10 in Edge, but as we all know that has never happened.

Top Bottom