• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Xbox 360 announced (MS Conf, Winter 2011)

Erekiddo

Goodbye Minecraft clone indie games.

RIP. 2011-2011.

I wonder if this will force require Kinect support. I hope not.,

btkadams

i didn't watch the conference. is it going to be forever exclusive to 360 or is this a temporary exclusive like gta dlc?

Tiktaalik

jaundicejuice said:
Incoming nerd rage about lack of substantive update progress all thanks to Kinect version?

Yeah I'm expecting a lot of this from the hardcore minecrafters. I'm excited to try out Minecraft on the Xbox though.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
btkadams said:
i didn't watch the conference. is it going to be forever exclusive to 360 or is this a temporary exclusive like gta dlc?

I hope it is temporary. If not, I'll just keep playing on my laptop.

btkadams said:

Probably the 6 month to a year deal most xbla titles get.

Atleast this should stop all those cones on Xblai.

Shurs

This is cool.

I've been playing Minecraft on my computer with a 360 controller, hopefully this will be possible with the 360 version.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
French said:
PC says hi.
I wonder how this will affect PC version, new XNA version incoming? Good thing I bought it during alpha so he can't charge for an update of that kind anyway. Beta buyers might have to pay for an "upgrade"

fresquito

If Notch has the time to translate it to Xbox360, he should have time to make in in anything other than java, which is crap.

Tim-E

This already incredibly small development team is working on this game on 3 different platforms as well as starting development on another game. Seems like they're spreading themselves really thin.

Sanic

fresquito said:
If Notch has the time to translate it to Xbox360, he should have time to make in in anything other than java, which is crap.

I don't see a rewrite of the PC version coming, especially when the 'complete' version of the game will be released in only 5 months.

Orayn

Easy_D said:
I wonder how this will affect PC version, new XNA version incoming? Good thing I bought it during alpha so he can't charge for an update of that kind anyway. Beta buyers might have to pay for an "upgrade"
This is what I'm actually looking forward to. Minecraft that is NOT in Java.

Atomski

fresquito said:

The problem is they want it to work on PC, Mac and Linux. Porting to each system would be a lot or trouble. Java made that easy even though it sucks :/.

fresquito

Pandoracell said:
I don't see a rewrite of the PC version coming, especially when the 'complete' version of the game will be released in only 5 months.
I don't see it coming either. I just wish it was coming though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
btkadams said:

It was referred to as 'exclusive console debut' so...

Kuran

Banned
Atomski said:
The problem is they want it to work on PC, Mac and Linux. Porting to each system would be a lot or trouble. Java made that easy even though it sucks :/.

Millions of dollars should cover some of the expenses of that 'trouble', neh?

cRIPticon

fresquito said:

Oh look! Another definitive statement that is factually inaccurate. Good job!

Orayn said:
This is what I'm actually looking forward to. Minecraft that is NOT in Java.

And another one with no reason.

jman2050 said:
Is C# all that much better?

Nope. Not at all.

Tain

PCs are now losing the ever-vital "huge procedurally generated empty world" genre to consolization.

pc gaming is dead

JoeBoy101

Tain said:
PCs are now losing the ever-vital "huge procedurally generated empty world" genre to consolization.

pc gaming is dead

Are you for real? Watch that conference again. If anything, its going to push more console gamers to PC gaming.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Didn't they say it was exclusive first for 360? I assume we will just see a timed exclusive of Minecraft.

This is the only true GET of the conference.

So is MS going to let them freely update and support minecraft, or are they going to be a total dick about it like for other devs?

anddo0

xxracerxx said:
Didn't they say it was exclusive first for 360? I assume we will just see a timed exclusive of Minecraft.

This is the only true GET of the conference.

Has to be timed.

It's coming to Xperia Play. Why not other platforms?

Top Bottom