• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

didn't see a thread, GiantBomb livestream starting now

Beowulf28

IrishNinja said:
honest question: is GB worth watching? what ive seen always struck me as pretty dudebro.
1100088-ryan_finger_super.jpg

deadbeef

IrishNinja said:
honest question: is GB worth watching? what ive seen always struck me as pretty dudebro.

They don't masturbate over "games as art" or sales-age, but I've always really enjoyed the 4 of them, from way back in the Gamespot days. Maybe I'm a dudebro though.

IrishNinja said:
They generally don't have niche tastes but they're the best and most entertaining games journalism around.

pirata

IrishNinja said:

If you're looking to be informed about video games, no. If you want to see some weird, stupid, barely-controlled madness, then yes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh dear, I'm not going to sleep tonight, am I?

Oh well! GB is always worth it!

ultron87 said:
They turning this into a podcast at some point?
iirc, they usually do. I remember them doing it for last year's E3 shows.

IrishNinja said:

Opinions are subjective and therefore I dont agree with them all of the time. However, they always feel genuine and thats because their personality really shines.

IrishNinja said:

Really? That is one of the last terms I would use to describe Giantbomb; any dudebrocity is there in a sarcastic way... at least in my opinion.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
pirata said:
If you're looking to be informed about video games, no. If you want to see some weird, stupid, barely-controlled madness, then yes.

Pretty much this. They are very transparent and genuine but man are they clueless.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
IrishNinja said:

All of this dudebro bullshit needs to end. What exactly even constitutes being "dudebro"?

thebeeks

Banned
ultron87 said:

Last year they released the audio-only version of the livestream the next day.
The only problem is that since it's a livesteam first and podcast second, there's more visual jokes and "Oh yea, hold that up to the camera" rather than describing things, so it gets a little hard to follow.

Barakov said:
Apparently, she is not supposed to be on this year.

cool, I remember last year's when brad, jeff and ryan went outside to have a side broadcast away from the drunken cacophony of leigh alexander

Havok

deadbeef said:
They don't masturbate over "games as art" or sales-age
This is one of the reasons I like them so much. They don't get into bullshit semantic arguments or pretentious discussions like who the Lester Bangs of video game journalism is, they just have fun with some games and make dumb jokes on camera.

coopolon

ultron87 said:

In previous years they have. But they did a livestream yesterday and haven't turned it into a podcast, so Idunno about this year. Then again, I watched the first five minutes from yesterdays and it was really stupid and appeared that they wre just doing it to make sure everything worked. So maybe they just decided not to do it for yesterdays.

Angry Fork

WinoMcCougarstein said:
All of this dudebro bullshit needs to end. What exactly even constitutes being "dudebro"?
An exact definition would be only caring about games like COD or Madden (and also has the physical characteristics of a very in shape guy with sunglasses and a nice hairstyle ie Cliff Blezinski). A more broad definition means people that only talk about mainly popular games like COD, GTA, Gears of War, shooters in general and the type of stuff Ice-T says he plays on twitter. Stuff like Last Guardian, Journey, etc. get ignored by the dudebro and he doesn't even know they exist, nor does he care.

IrishNinja said:
They are less "open" to less traditional gaming. However, dudebro? no. I dont agree with them about games most of the time but they have interesting discussion and are funny as hell. So yes, they are worth listening to.

IrishNinja

some pretty varied answers to my question, but seeing them get love from a number of you makes it sound like it's worth checking out (nothing else going on postgame anyway).

WinoMcCougarstein said:

bro if you gotta ask BOOM you're the dudebro at the table nahmean

Top Bottom