• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

didn't see a thread, GiantBomb livestream starting now

stupei said:
Um, at the Sony conference they said "play a few hours later tonight" about something. It's very possible most of the guys are still doing that and will show up later.

Klepek is there. So that's almost certainly it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why even bother?

Gary, you have to tell us why this disaster happened!

Thought I'd sit around and wait to hear about the day but clearly they're just going to jerk each other around.

This is dull to the point of mind-numbing.

IrishNinja said:
wait, i caught blow, which one's whitta?

Guy with Converse

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
IrishNinja said:
wait, i caught blow, which one's whitta?

Bottom right, the guy who has the look on his face "Why the fuck did I agree to this?"

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I hope the two MS guys take off shortly.

There is no way we will get honest discussion on today with them there.

Angry Fork

WinoMcCougarstein said:
What if you play Madden, CoD and games like Last Guardian? It's a lame term. Also, what makes CoD dudebro? Is Uncharted dudebro?
In my opinion if you know about and enjoy games like Last Guardian then I add those people to the hardcore list. Even if you also enjoy COD, Madden etc. the hardcore tag still reigns supreme because it's much more "gamer"-like to be interested in a game like Last Guardian than a game like COD because it's notably less popular, more difficult etc. stuff like that. COD and Uncharted for me are different because Uncharted has actual characters with personalities and not cardboard cut outs. The dudebro doesn't like to think and therefore relates more to meat-head characters in games like COD. Dudebro is more about overall presentation and style. Uncharted doesn't fit the dudebro paradigm the way COD does but I wouldn't consider Uncharted to be 'hardcore' either, it's just a 'core' game.

I don't necessarily look at dudebro as an always-negative term. I'm highly interested in Battlefield 3 but i'd still consider it dudebro. It's all relative to what kind of stuff you want. Mass Effect turned semi-dude bro with ME2 which I disliked because I want more RPG stuff and less shooting (which is the dudebros favorite choice of gameplay). So even though i'm disappointed that Mass Effect is becoming dudebro, it's only because I want it to be more RPG. If Mass Effect was never labeled as an RPG to begin with I wouldn't be disappointed by it at all and would be able to enjoy the series better than if I had never experienced ME1. Same rules apply to series like Splinter Cell. Conviction is a good game on it's own, but it's dudebro garbage compared to the older ones (my opinion).

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I love Giant Bomb but I definitely would call them slightly Dudebro. They really do focus on the 360/shooter genres a bit too much. Of course they play other genres but they've admitted many times the type of coverage they do and the type of games they review usually aligns with their personal tastes.

That said, their personalities and fun style of coverage are what make them great. But if you want coverage of let's say Japanese games, PC games (not Crysis), or niche stuff they're not the first place to go to.

Loxley

Great, now Blow is talking about Braid. Did I just travel back in time or something? Kinda disappointing so far :(

Jeff's twitter is also silent, no indications he or Brad & Vinny will be showing up.

Cmagus

yeah this is abit weak i mean MS brought jack shit to the table today and this will be a circle jerk of all their innovations and im sure we will praise kinect even though they dropped the ball with that as well.I'll see if someone actually asks them decent questions.

deadbeef

In the weeds, get control of this thing Ryan!

This reminds me of the excitement of a Major Nelson podcast or something :lol

Codeblue

What? Are they done telling Blow what a masterpiece Braid was already?

I'll probably skip through the audio later if anything interesting happens.

thebeeks

Banned
Vinny's gonna bust through that door with a lampshade on his head and start talking about Dark Souls while cracking obscene jokes, right?

...right?

Suikoguy

Wow, still going on about Braid, this is amazing to watch.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Angry Fork said:
In my opinion if you know about and enjoy games like Last Guardian then I add those people to the hardcore list. Even if you also enjoy COD, Madden etc. the hardcore tag still reigns supreme because it's much more "gamer"-like to be interested in a game like Last Guardian than a game like COD because it's notably less popular, more difficult etc. stuff like that. COD and Uncharted for me are different because Uncharted has actual characters with personalities and not cardboard cut outs. The dudebro doesn't like to think and therefore relates more to meat-head characters in games like COD. Dudebro is more about overall presentation and style. Uncharted doesn't fit the dudebro paradigm the way COD does but I wouldn't consider Uncharted to be 'hardcore' either, it's just a 'core' game.

I don't necessarily look at dudebro as an always-negative term. I'm highly interested in Battlefield 3 but i'd still consider it dudebro. It's all relative to what kind of stuff you want. Mass Effect turned semi-dude bro with ME2 which I disliked because I want more RPG stuff and less shooting (which is the dudebros favorite choice of gameplay). So even though i'm disappointed that Mass Effect is becoming dudebro, it's only because I want it to be more RPG. If Mass Effect was never labeled as an RPG to begin with I wouldn't be disappointed by it at all and would be able to enjoy the series better than if I had never experienced ME1. Same rules apply to series like Splinter Cell. Conviction is a good game on it's own, but it's dudebro garbage compared to the older ones (my opinion).

I'm so glad I can just play games because they are fun.

Top Bottom