• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your PSVita wishlist

After yesterday's price megaton, I've already got Vita on pre-order. The games so far are rather underwhelming, and I never buy a new system based on potential alone, but that screen at that price...

So for those already aggressively determined to let Sony take your money or those still waiting on the fence for a killer app, what are your Vita dream games?

Mine is a reimagined Sims Online. This game had so much going for it, but was rushed and buggy and died a slow unfortunate death. I think the combination of 3G, big touchscreen, and nifty communication features Vita offers can breathe new life into this failed experiment.

Your ideas? :-D

1-D_FTW

Standard memory cards. If it's some proprietary, price gouging scheme I may just cancel my Amazon pre-order.

Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Naruto Games
Street Fighter
Final fuckin' Fantasy!
Silent Hill

God mentioning those games and imagining it on the Vita is making my juice boil!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ys 8
A Kiseki game
Square Enix games
Tales games
Atlus games
Silent Hill games

MightyKAC

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (with cross play)
Terraria
Monster Hunter Freedom 3rd G
Boarder Break
Phantasy Star Online 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remade

That's about all I can think of for now but I'm sure more will come to me later.

StuBurns

Banned
I've read that internally at EA they consider Sims Online one of the biggest failings of the company, I doubt they'll ever touch it again.

As for PSV, I just want great games that are not on PS360 because I'd rather play them there if they are. And I want to see more transfarring stuff, but games that you buy on one and get free on the other.

The only thing I am worried about right now is battery life. Everything else is looking awesome.

Also I am very curious how they are going to implement trophies.

Grimmy

Banned
ULTROS! said:
Ys 8
A Kiseki game
Square Enix games
Tales games
Atlus games
Silent Hill games

My list is like your list!
Except Silent Hill was already announced.

Also: KOF XIII PSVITA please!

Binabik15

Ugh, with an okay €€€ price, Uncharted and the older MGS titles more or less confirmed AND 2 sticks and NO forced motion controlls in the games shown so far, I´ll go with

METAL GEAR AC!!!D

GIVE IT TO ME! PLEASE! I´M SHOUTING BECAUSE I LOVE THIS SHIT! THIS TIME "SNAKE" SHOULD BE PURPLE!

Ahem. Sorry.

Oh, and give me a non-crappy port of Bloodbowl (yeah, that´ll never happen).

glaurung

DLNA support!

Integrated PS3 content streaming.
Massive internal memory.
Better firmware updates than on PS3 or PSP.
Ability to use Vita as a PS3 remote control device.

MightyKAC

1-D_FTW said:
Standard memory cards. If it's some proprietary, price gouging scheme I may just cancel my Amazon pre-order.

ngp_photo17_m.jpg

Looks like you got some shit to come to grips with bro.

f0rk

How likely is it they port the 3 PS3 Metal Gear Solid ports to Vita and make use of transfaring?

thuway

I want lots of Cross Play. Games should release multiplayer modes on the NGP so players can have a taste of the game on the go and play the Single Player at home.

Say for example Uncharted 3 is released, I want the multiplayer mode (the single player to be released on PSV so I can kick it with my br0s in UC3 while on the go.

MVC3
Street Fighter IV
Killzone
etc.
All NGP compatible. Down res multiplayer modes so we can play anywhere :).

More importantly, a return for Japanese gaming. Plenty of 2D, cheaper nonrisky PS2 esque RPGs.

yurinka

-Decent RAM memory
-Decent battery life (at least like PSP 1000)
-Decent web browser
-Non-gaming apps (like Skype to make phone calls using the 3G version)
-Not too expensive memory cards to store media (PSN games, videos, music, etc)
-More Capcom support, not only with SFxTekken (new Monster Hunter, Resident Evil...)
-Metal Gear

No more ports of PSP games. They've already announced an enhanced port of BlazBlue Continuum Shift II for the Vita, and I just bought the PSP version four days ago.

Billen

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
A new Monster Hunter that's not a simple port. I want proper graphics/shaders/animations etc.

This a thousand times. A portable Monster Hunter game built from scratch with online capabilities in mind makes my secret spot go boom boom.

Takao

Banned
f0rk said:
How likely is it they port the 3 PS3 Metal Gear Solid ports to Vita and make use of transfaring?

The MGS Collection (MGS2 and MGS3) in Japan have transfarring. Why would they do that since there's no PSP version of those games?

1-D_FTW

MightyKAC said:
ngp_photo17_m.jpg

Looks like you got some shit to come to grips with bro.

Depends on if they're selling them at MS levels of markup. But, yeah, if 16GB is 100 dollars... order canceled.

Radogol

Tales of Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain Chronicles
Doom RPG 3
Infinity Blade Legend
Through the Mirror's Edge
Snatchers

Playing your own music while playing game or browsing the internet.
In game XMB.
MGS HD collection for Vita. I just really want a portable MGS2 really.
Region free.
Cross game play between PS3 for huge games like COD and other games.
A decent browser, I would prefer it to be Chrome.

Is apps confirmed?

Billen

Banned
Chuck Norris said:
Demon's Souls Portable

Oh God/Satan/Diety of your own pick, this would probably do me in. This in combination with the aforementioned (wanted) Monster Hunter, both with online capabilities, would be such a system selling combo.

Minsc

Gold Member
1-D_FTW said:
Depends on if they're selling them at MS levels of markup. But, yeah, if 16GB is 100 dollars... order canceled.

Considering a 16GB card might not even hold two retail games down the road, they'd better not be that much money.

Billen said:
This a thousand times. A portable Monster Hunter game built from scratch with online capabilities in mind makes my secret spot go boom boom.

It's the only way they can sell millions of this thing in japan.

Chuck Norris said:
Demon's Souls Portable
Oh god yes, this x 1000!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just little bonuses, but:

Let you use your Vita as a PS3 controller - that happens to enable cross-game party chat with other Vita-wielding players.

Let PS3 games send software to your Vita in the above scenario to 'enhance' the experience.

(Yes, I know this is sounding very Project Cafe, but it seems rather obvious, and the first idea would be trivial to implement.)

kadotsu

Banned
Disgaea 3/4
Every From Software Franchise
Torchlight II/Diablo Vita
A console quality Fifa
Trackmania
Killzone Liberation 2
Spacechem

Original games, preferably with a unique artstyle, rather than spinoffs based on (popular) PS3 HD franchises. Where are the PSV's Patapon, LocoRoco, Half Minute Hero, Crush?

tino

Banned
I want good jrpg to come back. Something in the class of DW8, Xenosaga, Persona etc.

Throw a bone to the Suikoden fans too. I probably will play it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would love new IPs. Also, I am counting on their promise to make the Vita a part of my PS3 as far as connecting to my games, media, saves; etc. I really hope they deliver.

thuway

I garuntee the more RPGs they get on this thing with PS3 compatibility, the better. It will help imrpove both libraries.

Lace

Chuck Norris said:
Demon's Souls Portable
This a MILLION times. Add some Monster Hunter, Call of Duty, Indie support and Sony will have itself millions of guaranteed purchases. Heh, I would be hard pressed not to buy one for my fiance so I wouldn't be playing alone on our long trips.

Top Bottom