• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Samurai (Wii) Trailer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
DS port?

That chick looks nicer than her google image search there but must have felt stupid just standing around and taking silly poses >_>

remnant

Banned
Darklord said:
Well it is one of the best theme songs ever. I loved it as a kid.
It's not a bad thing. Just surprised. I should watch Samurai this summer. I haven't heard anything really bad about it.

Takao

Banned
remnant said:
the theme song of the show is a MMPR remix?

Well this is the first time Saban's done a Power Rangers series since Time Force in 2000? So they decided to bring out the nostalgia, and do a cover of Go Go Power Rangers for the Opening of Samurai.

Just a word of warning, the acting early on in Samurai is pretty bad. It improves, but it's still... eh.

Takao

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
So no sixth dude? I forget what he's referred to as in the Japanese version.

The sixth Ranger in Samurai/Shinkenger is the Gold Ranger. You see him in the Tales Troll into, but he's absent from the trailer itself. No word on if he's in the game.

Urban Scholar said:
So no sixth dude? I forget what he's referred to as in the Japanese version.
ah, the noodle guy/gold ranger is the only reason to watch. i picked it up when he was introduced, and can't imagine tollerating it without him even in a 'oh my god this is so cheesy and why is Bulk still in this' late on a Sunday evening sort of way.

Takao said:
The sixth Ranger in Samurai/Shinkenger is the Gold Ranger. You see him in the Tales Troll into, but he's absent from the trailer itself. No word on if he's in the game.

plagiarize said:
ah, the noodle guy/gold ranger is the only reason to watch. i picked it up when he was introduced, and can't imagine tollerating it without him even in a 'oh my god this is so cheesy and why is Bulk still in this' late on a Sunday evening sort of way.

Best thing that show has going on. Shame he's not in the game...I guess.

WillyFive

Totobeni said:
Was Power Rangers Samurai ( the show ) any good?

Well, the show it's based from (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger) is very good, but Power Rangers Samurai itself is way too childish for most people over 9.

Takao said:
It's probably a re-skin of this.

I doubt it. Battle Cross looks a lot better.

Alrus

Well this looks awful :( They should have made the game in the vein of the snes game (along with a similarly kick ass soundtrack!) At least the music brought some nostalgia, that theme is awesome :)

Buzzati

Banned
Willy105 said:
Well, the show it's based from (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger) is very good, but Power Rangers Samurai itself is way too childish for most people over 9.

I doubt it. Battle Cross looks a lot better.

Wait - adult males and females watch this?

Buzzati said:
Wait - adult males and females watch this?
Power Rangers is fun in a cheesy way. the girls in it aren't bad to look at, and the robots and monster suits are silly but fun. the monster designs in Samurai are actually pretty good i think, for a kids show.

the acting and writing is garbage yes... and i haven't watched Power Rangers since the original two series. this new one is just as bad as that one, and just as entertaining.

i'll probably watch this series and then take another ten plus year long break from it.

PetriP-TNT said:
I like the ice cold reception I got in that topic but WHO'S LAUGHING NOW??!!!
i laughed at that when i clicked that link. chin up Petrip! you done good.

Buzzati

Banned
plagiarize said:
Power Rangers is fun in a cheesy way. the girls in it aren't bad to look at, and the robots and monster suits are silly but fun. the monster designs in Samurai are actually pretty good i think, for a kids show.

the acting and writing is garbage yes... and i haven't watched Power Rangers since the original two series. this new one is just as bad as that one, and just as entertaining.

i'll probably watch this series and then take another ten plus year long break from it.

i laughed at that when i clicked that link. chin up Petrip! you done good.

Oh no, I wasn't criticizing what you or anyone finds entertaining on TV. I was just caught by the previous' posts attempt to show a discrepancy between what's for 9 year olds and what isn't. They just seem to be almost exact clones of each other.

Top Bottom