• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arika's 3DS fighting tech demo features Characters from SFEX

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/01/arika_3ds_sample/

hbtpm.png

OMG Doctrine Dark

Arika, makers of such games as Forever Blue and (going way back) Street Fighter EX, has opened up a gallery page consisting of 3D screenshots that can be viewed on your 3DS.

Access the page here. The various images can be saved in MPO format and placed on your 3DS for 3D viewing.

So what exactly are we looking at here? The page says that this is just a "test" corner for 3DS, so it's unclear if this is a new fighting game from the studio or if it's just an internal demo.

If you own a 3DS, you've likely already been exposed to Arika's work on the platform. The studio handled the 3D Classics remakes for Excitebike and Xevious. The former is available as a free download off the Nintendo e-Shop for a limited time.

TheOGB

Banned
Well they are Arika's characters, so hey

But I'd fucking love Skullomania and Garuda in 3D
just as I typed this Stronger started playing in playlist

BDGAME

The graphics can look ugly, but the 3D is fucking awesome. A lot better than the street IV 3D.

I hope someday akira launch a 3DS game with a 3D as good as this game.

sk3tch

I've noticed these guys have been involved in a lot of 3DS stuff...they did Excitebike and Bust-A-Move just off of the top of my head. Not sure where I'm going with this but it is interesting. They're not exactly an Ubisoft or EA and the 3DS doesn't exactly have a huge library yet these little guys are all over it.

sk3tch said:
I've noticed these guys have been involved in a lot of 3DS stuff...they did Excitebike and Bust-A-Move just off of the top of my head. Not sure where I'm going with this but it is interesting. They're not exactly an Ubisoft or EA and the 3DS doesn't exactly have a huge library yet these little guys are all over it.
That doesn't surprise me. Arika has done several excellent ports in the past.

sk3tch said:
Arika is really good studio, one of the best developers/publishers out there.

Not interested, don't waste time on non-sense cellphone projects!

I need Endless Ocean 3DS in my life, like, right now. Let's do this Arika.

sk3tch

_dementia said:
That doesn't surprise me. Arika has done several excellent ports in the past.

To Far Away Times said:
Arika is really good studio, one of the best developers/publishers out there.

Right. I wasn't saying they are bad or anything. They just don't come off as a big name to me and they seem to be pretty involved in the 3DS. Does anyone know why? Do they focus on portable titles?

sk3tch said:
Right. I wasn't saying they are bad or anything. They just don't come off as a big name to me and they seem to be pretty involved in the 3DS. Does anyone know why? Do they focus on portable titles?
Probably due to the cheaper development cost and I don't think they really have the resources to produce cutting edge visuals that would rival larger studios.

TreIII

Aw, boo. Don't play with my heart this way, Arika. You know I've been jonesin for a Fighting Layer sequel for quite a while! Get Craft & Meister's help again (they worked together for Super DBZ) if you gotta!

TreIII said:
Aw, boo. Don't play with my heart this way, Arika. You know I've been jonesin for a Fighting Layer sequel for quite a while! Get Craft & Meister's help again (they worked together for Super DBZ) if you gotta!
All of the above. And get on that Super DBZ2 too.

Truth101 said:
It's a game made for a cell phone, nothing to do with the 3DS.

Ah, that explains it. My last reference point was the Andriasang article.

So what exactly are we looking at here? The page says that this is just a "test" corner for 3DS, so it's unclear if this is a new fighting game from the studio or if it's just an internal demo.

If you own a 3DS, you've likely already been exposed to Arika's work on the platform. The studio handled the 3D Classics remakes for Excitebike and Xevious. The former is available as a free download off the Nintendo e-Shop for a limited time.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/01/arika_3ds_sample/

Top Bottom