• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance : Burning Skies [PSVita]

Radec

6048804032_35387fd685_b.jpg

Coming out of Sony’s Gamecom 2011 press conference, Resistance Burning Skies has been announced for PS Vita. The game takes place just after Resistance 2 and emphasizes dual analog gameplay as well as touch screen capability.

The game features a new cover mode system that utilizes the 6 axis motion control that is featured in the PS Vita handheld.

vid from gamescome: http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7517

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...creed-fifa-facebook-twitter-foursquare-skype/

FoneBone

Not really... we saw it back in January. And this is from Nihilistic (makers of Marvel Nemesis and PlayStation Move Heroes), so I wouldn't get too excited.

FoneBone said:
Not really... we saw it back in January. And this is from Nihilistic (makers of Marvel Nemesis and PlayStation Move Heroes), so I wouldn't get too excited.
I'm sure insomniac are overseeing things to make sure it doesn't end up like complete dog shit. Demo looked okay.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
FoneBone said:
And this is from Nihilistic (makers of Marvel Nemesis and PlayStation Move Heroes), so I wouldn't get too excited.

Welp, that just killed any hope I had of Resistance being any good. Hopefully Killzone doesn't suffer the same fate.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
FoneBone said:
The alternative would be for Insomniac to make it...and after Resistance 2, I'll take my chances with Nihilistic. :p

KAL2006

Banned
This looks terrible, people shouldn't expect this to be great like Retribution was for PSP. This isn't made by Bend or inSomniac

Mr_Brit

Banned
Wow, this game looks simply awful in nearly every way. Bad graphics, horrendous framerate, gimmicky controls, awful looking story, PS1 level gore etc. Worst Vita game shown so far.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good. I'm skeptical about the touch screen weapon wheel, but if I can reach it quickly with my thumb, I'm okay. Just don't make me take me hand off the button side and use my index finger.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
To be fair, we were looking at off screen footage of off screen footage.

Why they cant do direct feed footage of PSV games, I don't understand.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Looked terrible. Where's Chubigans? he convinced me that this will be to Nihilistic what Arkham Asylum was to Rocksteady!

It was the worst way to start the presentation, imo. Way to set the tone.

omg.kittens said:
Looks good. I'm skeptical about the touch screen weapon wheel, but if I can reach it quickly with my thumb, I'm okay. Just don't make me take me hand off the button side and use my index finger.

I'd say you can probably hold the triangle button and use the left stick. Like Uncharted I imagine a lot of the touch screen stuff is optional.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jinfash said:
Looked terrible. Where's Chubigans? he convinced me that this will to Nihilistic what Arkham Asylum was to Rocksteady!
I don't ever recall saying that you damn liar! SHOW ME PROOF!

*runs to edit posts*

Slime

Banned
Looks like ass, but that's about what I've come to expect from Nihilistic. Shame SCE Bend aren't working on it. Retribution was fantastic.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
While this looks horrible, I'm glad that Sony assigned a bad studio to it. It would be a real shame to waste a good studio on a portable Resistance game.

VanWinkle

Really, if they fixed the terrible ancient animations, it wouldn't look that bad. I mean, it had more dynamic lighting than Resistance 3 does, lol.

Toppot

Reminds me I still need to get the PSP Resistance.

Sony couldn't let Vita launch without one of their biggest exclusive franchises. So long as Insomniac have their eye on it and it plays as good as the the other games then this will be alright.

Krev said:
While this looks horrible, I'm glad that Sony assigned a bad studio to it. It would be a real shame to waste a good studio on a portable Resistance game.

Sony Bend made Retribution and that was widely regarded as being awesome....

Honestly why are they making this.

Unless resistance 3 is REALLY great i dont understand why they are funding this game. Infact i dont even understand why they are funding r3. Although i think that trailer looked awesome..

The fundamentals of this series has been lacking from the get go. And the sequel failed.

I dont know anything about nihilistic. But couldnt they let ready at dawn or whatever create an original ip for psvita?

why this focus on gaidens and ofshoots.

Ready at dawn and bend are really great teams. From what i understand psp resistance is actually the best game in the series..

That looked quite visually impressive for the absolutely terrible quality stream I was viewing it over...

Granted, frame rate was most definatly off, but I am sure that will be polished up before release. Otherwise, it looked good! I hope to see some more... especially some direct feed footage or better off-screen stuff. Control wise it looked pretty good too! I don't really mind the touchscreen stuff; it looks easy to use and doesn't get in the way too much, but seeing him actually use two analog sticks and actually being able to shoot properly was awesome to see! Just keep in mind that the Vita is still missing clickable sticks and an L2 and R2 button, so the touchscreen with have to substitute and what I've seen doesn't look terribly inventive, but it does look functional.

I am interested in the story too. It'll be really interesting to see the direction this game will take.

Hopefully Nihilistic can pull it off, but I do have some faith in the team. Personally, I am glad Sony is sticking with the Resistance franchise. It deserves support and I am glad Sony understands that too. The I.P has a lot of potential and I am glad Sony is taking the risk to let the franchise mature and evolve...

So, I for one will enjoy more games. Thank you, Sony!

iratA

SSJ1Goku said:
I liked what I saw.

Yeah I liked it too. If the campaign is decent length than this is day 1 for me.
Sure its not Uncharted:GA, but it looked decent and had a fair number of enemies on sceen and just looked fun! Will watch for more details on this one.

Himself

I like the whole firefighter concept. It's actually kind of a cool changeup from being another soldier. What I'm really worried about is the developer shitting the place up and not capturing what makes the Resistance universe cool.

Hyuga

Banned
Busty said:
Looked early but I'm interested.

I cannot wait to play this. It is literally the only PSP title on my pile of shame.
Don't forget: It's not a "SONY Bend" game!
SONY Bend is awesome!

I was hoping it was a follow-up to Retribution. SCE Bend did wonders with the PSP and its one analog limitation so they would've done something amazing on the Vita.

I don't know what to expect with this game, but Retribution was pretty amazing on the PSP, still one of my favorite PSP games.

Takao

Banned
Anyone else find it weird they showed a shitty Nihilistic game instead of a Studio Cambridge Killzone game?

Takao said:
Anyone else find it weird they showed a shitty Nihilistic game instead of a Studio Cambridge Killzone game?
Yes, especially when a new Resistance game is coming out for PS3 in a few weeks. Why not space out the coverage a little?

Himself

Zoibie said:
The part they showed wasn't exactly exciting but I'm hopeful.

Yeah...Resistance games tend to be slow-burners anyway. Quick footage clips don't really capture what the games are about. I'm hopeful, but very skeptical.

The logo does indeed kick ass.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Krev said:

Well to be fair the console Resistance games are made by a bad studio too.

Top Bottom