• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Miggytronz

I think they perceive it as a year sub. But, why would they let you DL the previous maps before you sub'd if it wasnt a season thing?

I really wish they would make a Mosh Pit playlist with no fucking deathstreaks. I am so sick and tired of being killed by that lameass nuclear C4 bullshit.

eek5

type 95 is still good...did they actually nerf it?

with impact I'm still getting a 1 tap (3round) kill

The only nerf they did was to the hipfire spread (still smaller than Mk14 though). Is there another one that was rumored or something?

I will never understand people who only use one gun. It honestly doesn't make you good if you can't use more than one gun effectively.

I am so tired of being killed by only ACRs when I'm trying to rank up other guns like the CM901, etc.

kuYuri

Robert Bowling (Trolling, whatever you want) was surprisingly candid during the Machinima stream 2 days ago. I wonder if PR came down on him sometime afterwards...

kuYuri

Did he say anything particularly interesting?

This is obviously the gamer side of him speaking, but he usually has to suppress that speak:

”If you’re going to do throwback maps – if you’re going to do classic maps, keep it outside the DLC model. For DLC, if you’re paying for stuff – if it’s included in your subscription, it should all be new content. If we’re going to do a throwback map, let that be outside the DLC model, let it be free, let it for everyone. Don’t let it be restricted by contracts, partnerships, and all that fucking money stuff. Let it just be there.”

“I feel like, right now, we’re in a fucking era where everyone’s so focused on subscriber numbers and all that stuff – that we need to get back to what I feel we did so much better in the old days – on just plain goodwill. Let’s focus on, you know, stuff that we can just give out to everyone. That’s what I love – when I can do, like, playlist updates, and I have free reign and I’m not restricted by release dates or when it has to come out or any of that stuff, and we can just do it and it’s fun. That’s the stuff I love and that’s the stuff I want more of.”

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I imagine that Bowling has one of those dog shock collars around his neck, and Kotick is just zapping the shit out of him right now.

But he's right. "Throwback" maps should never be charged for. Why would I pay $15 for 2-4 old maps when I have the coaster that I paid $60 for a year ago with them on there for free?

In fact I'm going to go ahead and say something: I absolutely loathe all the CoD8 maps. Fullstop. I haven't tried the Elite maps because LOL FOR ELITE PAYERS ONLY but the vanilla base maps are worse the CoD6's and that's crazy since CoD6's maps were all bad with the notable exception of maybe 2-3 in the base pack and the CoD4 maps ported over. I'd flip my shit if IW/ATVI ported CoD4's maps over to CoD8 and released them for free. But I know they won't so once I hit level 80 I'm pretty much done with the game because I know the maps are mostly gonna be downhill from here if the vanilla maps are anything to go by.

MrDaravon

But he's right. "Throwback" maps should never be charged for. Why would I pay $15 for 2-4 old maps when I have the coaster that I paid $60 for a year ago with them on there for free?

In fact I'm going to go ahead and say something: I absolutely loathe all the CoD8 maps. Fullstop. I haven't tried the Elite maps because LOL FOR ELITE PAYERS ONLY but the vanilla base maps are worse the CoD6's and that's crazy since CoD6's maps were all bad with the notable exception of maybe 2-3 in the base pack and the CoD4 maps ported over. I'd flip my shit if IW/ATVI ported CoD4's maps over to CoD8 and released them for free. But I know they won't so once I hit level 80 I'm pretty much done with the game because I know the maps are mostly gonna be downhill from here if the vanilla maps are anything to go by.

Although I like a few of the MW3 maps, I definetely agree with the sentiment that overall it has the worst MP maps of the series. That said I think the three DLC maps that are out are waaaay better than anything in the core game, which is a shame. On a related note, it's still ridiculous that any NON Elite maps show up in the Elite playlists; 75% of the time when I go in that playlist we wind up getting non-DLC maps, which is incredibly stupid. Also there desperately needs to be a Ground War playlist in Elite, Liberation and Overwatch are stupid large for 6v6. That and the fact that only 2 of my friends have Elite subscriptions have made Elite largely useless for me, at least until the maps go up for individual DLC purchase which at that point the game has been out for over 4 months. They're going to have to show some incredible shit to get me to get subscribe to Elite for the next CoD.

Liked CoD4 maps. Liked mw2 maps. Don't mind most of the mw3 maps and like all the DLCs so far.

Explain why you don't like them?

PSYGN

I don't like most of MW3 maps because of the many narrow corridors and way too many objects littered throughout the maps that create little nooks and spots where it's hard to reach or see someone. Also, the spawns suck ass still.

Idk for some reason the Cod4 maps had like "light textures" compared to the other maps in other MW's. When the cod4 maps were imported in Mw2, everything looked so detailed and dark... I couldnt see who the enemy was. Or it could just be my eyes. I cant even name one map from MW3 that felt like a Crash or a Backlot map.

Idk for some reason the Cod4 maps had like "light textures" compared to the other maps in other MW's. When the cod4 maps were imported in Mw2, everything looked so detailed and dark... I couldnt see who the enemy was. Or it could just be my eyes. I cant even name one map from MW3 that felt like a Crash or a Backlot map.

EWWWWWW Crash is an awful,awful,AWFUL map. The only reason that people like it is because it was one of the original maps released with the beta and they're nostalgic for it.

EWWWWWW Crash is an awful,awful,AWFUL map. The only reason that people like it is because it was one of the original maps released with the beta and they're nostalgic for it.

No it isn't.

Also, why do people play objective game modes and not play the objective? I hate people who do that with a passion.

No it isn't.

Also, why do people play objective game modes and not play the objective? I hate people who do that with a passion.

I just prefer maps that don't spawn an entire team in what is essentially a narrow corridor ,and hey that three story with the guy on top that surrounded himself with claymores, yeah that's always fun to deal with.

But to each his own.

I just prefer maps that don't spawn an entire team in what is essentially a narrow corridor ,and hey that three story with the guy on top that surrounded himself with claymores, yeah that's always fun to deal with.

But to each his own.

Then stay away from the building. I never had an issue with that at all.

Hell, I used to only hate Bloc. Now I miss it and want it back.

Then stay away from the building. I never had an issue with that at all.

Hell, I used to only hate Bloc. Now I miss it and want it back.

Except that the person on top of the building has an overview of 70% of the map. Bloc wasn't a bad map, it was just boring. Cubs fan here btw so we're destined to disagree. : )

aku:jiki

I find that most people do and that people who just camp far away from objectives are rare, like one guy in every match at most. You don't have to repeatedly throw yourselves on flags to push objectives.

Generally, most matches that feel like that are simply a result of poor coordination between randoms. Some guy's pushing A, another's pushing B and you're pushing C and yelling "WHY IS NOBODY HELPING CAP THIS FLAG?!" The other guys are probably doing the same.

Except that the person on top of the building has an overview of 70% of the map. Bloc wasn't a bad map, it was just boring. Cubs fan here btw so we're destined to disagree. : )
I don't think you have a very clear memory of Crash... The roof covers the crashed helicopter, the upwards slope toward the far-north house and the slope down to the far-south house. It covers 30%, not 70%. And if you want to take out campers there, you use the ladder on the outside of the house, not the staircase. No one ever places their claymore there.

SmokeMaxX

And if you want to take out campers there, you use the ladder on the outside of the house, not the staircase. No one ever places their claymore there.
Maybe that's how you'd take out scrubs. Against good players, you're much better off throwing a special grenade against the wall and having it bounce into the room above to clear it out. If you time it right, you'd have to be unlucky to get killed by someone who happens to be outside watching the ladder since you have a better line of sight on them from crouching on the staircase than they do from looking in the doorway. If you know someone's up there, you could easily throw one flash/stun in the room above and then one onto the outside part. Trying to go up the ladder is suicide if you're playing against someone good. You have 8 different ways to get shot and no way of fighting back. You just have to hope you're playing a scrub that doesn't know to protect the ladder just because it's not used often.

Nori Chan

All right, for those who want to play the Dom clan op tell me your user name and GT so I can search for you. 360 only cuh

Clan op starts at 3:30 PST so it would be great if we can all be at the pre game lobby at 3:25.

1. Noriega, xGeneral Ice

All right, for those who want to play the Dom clan op tell me your user name and GT so I can search for you. 360 only cuh

Clan op starts at 3:30 PST so it would be great if we can all be at the pre game lobby at 3:25.

1. Noriega, xGeneral Ice

I will. But I got work til about 7 PM CST. If you guys still need spots filled, I'd be more than happy to join.

(except Wetwork)

I8CZK.gif

Also, anyone here have a capcard? Just went 70-36 on Bootleg in demo and I'd love to have it. Haha.

1. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
2. thezerofire, thezerofire

MrDaravon

We weren't able to join up because we were already in a lobby with 5 people, but me and Jagged Wedge just played Domination for the duration of the Clan Challenge and for the most part did pretty well. Obviously a ton of people doing the same thing, in almost every game absolutely no one was defending points so it was usually musical chairs the whole time, or even if we were holding two points we were constantly rushing to get the three-cap.

kuYuri

We weren't able to join up because we were already in a lobby with 5 people, but me and Jagged Wedge just played Domination for the duration of the Clan Challenge and for the most part did pretty well. Obviously a ton of people doing the same thing, in almost every game absolutely no one was defending points so it was usually musical chairs the whole time, or even if we were holding two points we were constantly rushing to get the three-cap.

We didn't get musical chairs much at all except maybe 2-3 games. Hmm.

MrDaravon

We didn't get musical chairs much at all except maybe 2-3 games. Hmm.

Could you tell if you were playing mostly against clan people or not? Most of our games most or all of the enemy team were in clans.

I really should have looked to see how many Captures I had before we started tonight, dang.

Top Bottom