• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Ugh, so I own this game on PS3 and have been playing the free weekend on Steam and still am. I think it's working for free for me still since I never close the game, just alt tab. Anyways I'm having a lot of fun on the pc even though there is so few less people on it. I keep trying to going back to the ps3 but I just can't aim worth shit on it and the controls feel like crap even with sensitivity up. I think I might just have to pay $40 for the pc version. It's just kinda sad to see that the pc doesn't even have infected still.

Ugh, so I own this game on PS3 and have been playing the free weekend on Steam and still am. I think it's working for free for me still since I never close the game, just alt tab. Anyways I'm having a lot of fun on the pc even though there is so few less people on it. I keep trying to going back to the ps3 but I just can't aim worth shit on it and the controls feel like crap even with sensitivity up. I think I might just have to pay $40 for the pc version. It's just kinda sad to see that the pc doesn't even have infected still.

PC price is already back to $60. Went back to $60 when the free weekend officially stopped.

New (short) video of Overwatch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o-PSjBu2RY8

And the following was taken from http://www.oxm.co.uk/39021/infinity-ward-looking-at-modern-warfare-3-story-dlc/

The goal with these content drops is to do things we've never done before, really expand our horizons and our opportunities of what we consider DLC, because traditionally we've just done multiplayer maps," Bowling commented in an interview you'll read in issue 83, on shelves very shortly.

"So that's what we are looking at, how we can take different perspectives on different [campaign] missions, give more context to a mission by showing you pretext before it or after it. We're exploring everything. I can't give you a specific schedule on it, but that's the logic behind it."
The chance to play the likes of Mind the Gap from the other side? Colour our imaginations jump-started. And why stop at Modern Warfare 3? With Call of Duty: Elite now serving as an all-purpose access point for Call of Duty in general, now would be a fine time to unearth and remaster classic missions. Like "No Russian". You could play the part of a retired KGB agent who's suddenly and excitingly shot dead on his way to visit relatives in Cuba.

Happier in multiplayer? Never fear - Bowling's horizon-expanding doesn't spell doom for the time-honoured Modern Warfare map drop. Quite the opposite. Where the on-disc Modern Warfare 3 maps are smaller and simpler than their Modern Warfare 2 equivalents, the downloadable offerings will be larger and "more sniper-friendly".

"I think it has been successful in focusing what we wanted - very intense, fast-paced firefights, always keeping you in the fight - but we are looking to expand it, because you always want variety, you always want something different to what you've been experiencing," Bowling went on.

"Since people have been enjoying putting hundreds of hours into the smaller maps, now as we're moving forward we are looking towards expanding that out, giving you bigger, more sniper-friendly maps with longer sightlines, so that's what the content drops are going to be focused on - doing something you're not already doing in Modern Warfare 3."

"Liberation is definitely the first step in that direction," he added. "It takes place in a militarised Central Park, it is a wide open match, it's great for those big team games - Domination, Ground War - and it's all about snipers because of the huge sight lines. It's definitely the first step in opening it all up."

Kinda regret using those tokens for double weapon xp... really wanted more custom classes if I had knew that they were putting in more prestiges.

Radec

Kinda regret using those tokens for double weapon xp... really wanted more custom classes if I had knew that they were putting in more prestiges.

I don't really see the point of spending token on double XP, 1000 kills ain't really that hard to get, even as abysmal as shotguns.

I know L86 w/ Grip and Thermal led to little to no recoil, didn't know about the MK46. Anyway, this is really old.

It's that the thermal removes all gunkick (not viewkick) so if you are using a gun that has very little viewkick but a lot of gunkick, it turns it into a laser.

Works well with the LSW, MK46, PKP, and FAD.

Just played the new map, guess what the bomb placement and spawns are absolute shit for search and destroy. Sledgehammer doesn't know how to make search and destroy game-types whatsoever.

Kiraly

Just started this game, what is a good class/weapon loadout to play?

My playing style consists of mostly running and moving fast and non-stop, and some praying and spraying.

Radec

Just started this game, what is a good class/weapon loadout to play?

My playing style consists of mostly running and moving fast and non-stop, and some praying and spraying.

The PP90M1 smg suits you well.

-Sleight of hand
-Assassin
-Stalker

would do.

Kiraly

This is what I roll with, except I sometimes use Dead Silence instead of Stalker. It's my favorite class, but I have yet to unlock the MP7, which I might like better than the PP90M1.

Thanks guys, will look into this :)

So you play like everyone else? T95/Akimbo FMG's.

Yeah, I guess but I also see a lot of people holding back and mostly waiting or slowly walking around a corner while I just run in like there is no tomorrow

EYEL1NER

New map is cool. My type of map very sneaky lots of flanking opportunities and getaway spots.
Nice, sounds like I may like it.
Now that I am finished with the new Saint's Row dlc, I can play this. But with me being dumb, I decided to start downloading the SSX demo before booting up MW3. And it's only at 40%. I should have waited for it, but I knew the UMvC3 costumes were out today, so I decided to go to the marketplace for a sec...

Finally. Now I see a reason to join a clan. Then again, I still need elite to compete in these challenges, right?

There are two ways to earn XP for Clan Operations.

First is in actual Operations, which are worth 2500XP or more and are for Premium members only, the second is doing Challenges, which are worth less at around 500XP each, but these are open to everyone, all you need to do is sign up to Elite and use a free account.

There are two ways to earn XP for Clan Operations.

First is in actual Operations, which are worth 2500XP or more and are for Premium members only, the second is doing Challenges, which are worth less at around 500XP each, but these are open to everyone, all you need to do is sign up to Elite and use a free account.

Ahh..ok. Thanks.

New prestiges up? Nice. Guess I'll go hit that prestige button now. 11th, here I come!

photo.jpg

Just noticed this. I'm assuming the #6 represents what level your clan is?

aristotle

I don't see Clan Ops anywhere on the website. Man they sure run a tight ship over there ;)

I've also sent invites to those people who were waiting on the clan page. Sorry it took so long. I've had a major family problem lately. =(

On a related note, should I look through the 360 clan page and take off people who haven't played at all/in the last two months? I'm sure a few more people are going to want to join up down the road. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Anyways, yeah, that ugly-ass thing is the clan level. Looks rushed and shitty to me, but whatever. I'll enlist us in any challenges/operations and let you guys know what they are when they go live.

otakuderek

On a related note, should I look through the 360 clan page and take off people who haven't played at all/in the last two months? I'm sure a few more people are going to want to join up down the road. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Anyways, yeah, that ugly-ass thing is the clan level. Looks rushed and shitty to me, but whatever. I'll enlist us in any challenges/operations and let you guys know what they are when they go live.

I say give them a chance to get back on or message them to ask for some of the bottom player. Don't delete me though! I still play everyday when I can!

I say give them a chance to get back on or message them to ask for some of the bottom player. Don't delete me though! I still play everyday when I can!

Well, of course. I'll likely send them a message and PM them here if I can find them.

Honestly, like I said, I think it'd be fair to message people who've been inactive for 2+ months or have never played, no?

I don't see anything wrong with that. When I had looked before, it seemed like there were at least a handful of members who had hardly played MW3 at all. If you cut someone that wants back in later, it's no problem to add him again.

So, I got the game for pc off of amazon.com yesterday and was pissed off today about the lack of support the pc version gets. No cod elite, still no infected or dlc. Anyways, I asked amazon.com's customer service rep if there was any way to return a digital game, she said normally no but that they do do exceptions.

In the end Amazon refunded the game even though I've used the key on steam, the entire process took less than 5 minutes from my first email. Now I guess I'll go back to the ps3 version which I own but suck at since I can't aim worth shit on consoles even though she said my pc version will continue to work. =\ But hey, Amazon #1

I'm streaming some Elite Kill Confirmed right now in hopes I can actually play the new map, lol.

(Pst, and no ACR "camping" either. :) I'm just doing crackhead MP7 runs.)

http://twitch.tv/enigmatickaostv

I'll probably be on until 4pm ET.

I'm enjoying this more than I should. Nice work.

Edit: "Dammit of course it's impossible to kill anyone when they go prone!" then you immediately go prone and kill three people.

I don't see anything wrong with that. When I had looked before, it seemed like there were at least a handful of members who had hardly played MW3 at all. If you cut someone that wants back in later, it's no problem to add him again.

Care to PM me anyone you noticed? Been meaning to look through, but I have two articles to write for newspaper and French tonight, so it'd help me immensely.

Care to PM me anyone you noticed? Been meaning to look through, but I have two articles to write for newspaper and French tonight, so it'd help me immensely.

You can look up the GAF clan leaderboards and rank of each member. TDM is probably the best to choose from, as more people play it than anything else. Start at the bottom and just check to see who is at a low MW3 level with a low number of hours played online.

I'm enjoying this more than I should. Nice work.

Edit: "Dammit of course it's impossible to kill anyone when they go prone!" then you immediately go prone and kill three people.

Haha, yeah. Kind of proved my point. I went back to MW2 this weekend and had no problem killing prone people. It's so weird in MW3.

Did they or are they going to add new prestige levels? sometimes i swear i see new icons not from 1-10

They added 5 new levels today for the Xbox. I've already seen people halfway through Prestige 11. Insane.

I don't really see the point of spending token on double XP, 1000 kills ain't really that hard to get, even as abysmal as shotguns.

If I knew that there was going to be more prestiges, I wouldn't have used them tokens. I used it for the MSR. Fun times. Now seeing as im prestige 1, Im not going to prestige all the way to 15 just for those custom classes assuming the prestiges still give you another custom class (which is most likely to happen). I thought I was being smart and just prestige once for those prestige challenges and use the ones I got before MW3 for all the extra custom classes but it looks like I was wrong. Ill just wait for more prestige tokens given for free.

Top Bottom