• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
"IM JUST TRYING TO BE GOOD. MURDER MURDER MURDER KILL KILL KILL FIRE KILL". - GTA Protagonist #326.

Still... HYPE TRAIN'D.

AiTM

Banned
Spokker said:
How did you determine that it was Mount Chilliad?

Mount CHilliard was the only mountain of that size in San Andreas. Nothing else compared. That has to be it, unless they plan on adding new landmarks and more huge mountains. But usually they keep popular landmarks.

PhiLonius said:
Maybe its part of some customization feature?
Customizable GTA characters is such a 50/50 thing i mean on one hand its great, on the other CJ,Claude,Tommy,Nico are all iconic characters now and it would spell the end of that.

ShogunX

Dr Eggman said:
This sounds very plausible actually.

I'm expecting a very Walt-Jesse relationship from Breaking Bad.

Pretty much my dream for a GTA game. The more inspiration a game takes from Breaking Bad the better.

megalowho

Looks beautiful. I'll play this game, even if another Rockstar "I came here to reform and be good, but..." tale is not really what I was hoping for.

DennisK4 said:
iWFBuWXjQ4dgs.gif

Cannot unsee lighting bug.

-BLITZ-

Metalmurphy said:
Have you guys seen this?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!
http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png

The guy was right about alot of stuff.

2 player coop? YES PLEASE!

Are you sure it is a real proof. Most of them are like made up. If this is really true, the 3 cities to be back and much larger and detailed, then I'm lying on the floor.

My God, now I've seen there are zeppelins in the game :O

For those of you saying that's Mount Chililad, could that not also be ... I dunno, the GTA version of Yosemite? Or the mountains that ring Los Angeles?

LifEndz said:
The second series of pics isn't all of the same guy. The tattoos on the arm give it away.

it'll be a long game, mang. he could get tattoos, or there could be a mechanic to customize your character like in San Andreas.

but you might be right. earlier there's another shot of the car guy. face looks different from front on.

dneczn.jpg

Grisby

Kinda disappointed in it. I'm not a big GTA fan but it looks more of the same. Will give it a go though. Does looks to have some nice locations.

RagnarokX

DarkChild said:
Los Puerta FREEWAY (and they really focused on it). You don't have a freeway in game with one city me think :D
Los Peurta Freeway was interstate 5. I5 runs from San Diego to Canada

Bungieware said:
That's not a bug, lens flare from the sun appearing and disappearing as the camera moves behind palm tree leaves. It looks sort of off putting only because the .gif is slowed down a lot.

StevieP

Banned
DarkChild said:
Its just that R* never shows bullshots or pre rendered movies. Its most likely from PS360 if not from WiiU. You can pretty much spot FXAA in it...

That is not PS360 footage, and you'd be fooling yourself to think it is. Think of the limitations of the platforms when looking at it.

Angry Fork

Metalmurphy said:
Have you guys seen this?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!
http://i.imgur.com/LjY0K.png

The guy was right about alot of stuff.

2 player coop? YES PLEASE!
If the PC version is being ported by Leeds that may be why they didn't do the RDR PC port because they just didn't have time or staff for it or something.

It's possible this is real which disappoints me a bit because now I might've been spoiled of the major story thing but oh well.

PhiLonius

StalkerUKCG said:
Customizable GTA characters is such a 50/50 thing i mean on one hand its great, on the other CJ,Claude,Tommy,Nico are all iconic characters now and it would spell the end of that.

True, but CJ was customizable. Fat/Skinny, different hairstyles/clothes, along with customizing cars. I could see them bringing some of that back, along with maybe tattoos now.

Mik2121

Bungieware said:
Except it isn't exactly a bug (if I'm correct about what you're talking about). The palm tree is getting on the way of the tree, therefore stopping the light shafts from being seen.

plc268

Yea, I was initially disappointed by the thought of a SA redo, but the trailer officially won me over. Day one (on the PC hopefully) purchase.

Still hoping they revisit Vice City eventually though.

Things that would help me consider this series again after IV:

Create your own character
Back to the old car physics
Just more damn stuff to do

BRING BACK THE GOD DAMN GARAGE YOU BASTARDS, PARKING SPACES WERE TERRIBLE AND RETARDED.

Oh yeah and make me able to walk at a speed other then slow as fuck, it's an analog stick, ANALOG.

Top Bottom