• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Don

Why are people still naming character from the GTAIII universe? This looks to be a brand new Los Santos just like GTAIV was in a brand new Liberty City.

Those characters from the GTAIII games won’t exist in this universe. The only chance of returning characters appearing outside of Lazlow on the Radio will likely be reserved for characters from GTAIV if they decided to make these two games part of the same universe.

-BLITZ- said:
Are you sure it is a real proof. Most of them are like made up. If this is really true, the 3 cities to be back and much larger and detailed, then I'm lying on the floor.

My God, now I've seen there are zeppelins in the game :O

Ofcourse it's not real proof, it's 4 chan after all. But him guessing the guy was hispanic, and how the trailer was gonna be relatively calm and around 1:04 mins, showing the city, etc.

Don said:
Why are people still naming character from the GTAIII universe? This looks to be a brand new Los Santos just like GTAIV was in a brand new Liberty City.

Those characters from the GTAIII games won’t exist in this universe. The only chance of returning characters appearing outside of Lazlow on the Radio will likely be reserved for characters from GTAIV if they decided to make these two games part of the same universe.

Lazlo says you are wrong.

M.Bluth

For the people who are saying "it's Tommy Varcetti"... Wouldn't he be in his 60's if the story is set in 2012?

The guy in the trailer does look somewhat old, but not that old...

Spokker

NihonTiger90 said:
For those of you saying that's Mount Chililad, could that not also be ... I dunno, the GTA version of Yosemite? Or the mountains that ring Los Angeles?
It's most likely a representation of the Angeles National Forest or the San Bernardino Mountains, the latter especially if the game takes you to a Palm Springs-like area.

Zeliard

Arcipello said:
are we just calling every black guy a "CJ" from now on???

I'm parodying the people who are seeing every black person in the trailer as CJ. Jesus. thatwasthejoke.gif, etc

Lothars

Tylahedras said:
Things that would help me consider this series again after IV:

Just more damn stuff to do

BRING BACK THE GOD DAMN GARAGE YOU BASTARDS, PARKING SPACES WERE TERRIBLE AND RETARDED.
I agree with more stuff to do and garages, but I totally think your wrong about the new driving model which is worlds better than the old and for GTA I would never want a create your own character.

Sounds like its continuing by the story-driven, look and feel of GTAIV. So in other words, nothing like i want it to be. What a disappointment.

Thank god for Saints Row. Was hoping for something as interesting as Episodes from Liberty City at least. Oh well.

Edit: I like how everyone is saying this is killing their hype for Saints. Why? If you like GTAIV, you seem to be getting a better game, great. I feel as though Saints harkens more to the original 3 games, and should be seen as such. I don't see how this game should affect the hype of the other, when they go for 2 different things.

I H8 Memes said:
Multiple protagonists?
TBOGT and TLAD were very successful; many gamers and some critics consider them more fun than GTA IV. Rockstar might have furthered explored this mechanic in GTA V. Perhaps one of the remaining three teasers will feature a different voice-over.

Keasar

Well that does look pretty damn nice, love the detailed streets. Though my main concern is the controlls, hopefully they will not make them feel so....clunky or something, like they were in GTAIV.

X26

Banned
DennisK4 said:
iAgZqJgurRpXT.gif

look how far you can see traces of headlights and taillights, if this is really how it's going to look in game....damn

Nice to be going back to San Andreas.

Interesting they're doing it from the other perspective though. They've done the Compton angle with the young CJ, now they might be doing an older white guy who just wants to retire to the suburbs? Interesting.

Spokker

Zeliard said:
I'm parodying the people who are seeing every black person in the trailer as CJ. Jesus. thatwasthejoke.gif, etc
Everybody else is parodying the first guy too.

Stop being such a CJ.

Althoran

Great video. They showed a lot of different areas.

This is going to be great. Hope they have more variety in missions and better checkpoint system than in GTA IV

Angry Fork

Gunstarheroes said:
Sounds like its continuing by the story-driven, look and feel of GTAIV. So in other words, nothing like i want it to be. What a disappointment.

Thank god for Saints Row. Was hoping for something as interesting as Episodes from Liberty City at least. Oh well.
Huh? It looks like this is going to have both the GTA4 story oriented stuff as well as fun side things you can do.

This seems like it'll be the best of both worlds for everyone. I hope more cheats return as well I'm so hyped.

n0n44m

The first thing this trailer reminds me of is that nobody makes cities and landscapes as detailed and lifelike as Rockstar :)

there are a lot of other fun sandbox games around but none of them have environments that are as immersive and unique as the ones in IV and RDR

there is only 1 thing I really really hope for and that is some more variations in the cars driving around, i.e. not the same set of cars everywhere and not *get into rare car now see rare cars everywhere*. Although almost every other sandbox game has the same issues because this would require a lot of memory. At least fix it for the PC version Rockstar ;)

I even loved IV so I know I'm not going to be disappointed with this game :p

Horns

I like how there is smog in the city, but the rest of the less urban areas have cloudy skies. Technically it probably makes rendering the city from a distance easier. IV had a good draw distance from heights, but the frame rate wasn't always that good.

Top Bottom