• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Survey Asking About Future Assassin's Creed Locations Leaks

Pooya

Ubisoft survey

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ey-public-on-future-assassins-creed-locations

"Among the following propositions, in which of the following historical periods and locations would you like one of the next Assassin's Creed games to take place?", Ubisoft asks.

The options listed are:
•The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
•The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
•The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
•The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
•The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
•The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
•The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan
•The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome

Haunted

•The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
•The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
These would all be fine - bonus points for the Russian Revolution as it's less explored territory compared to the others.

Twentieth Century might be too modern, though.

Ubisoft survey

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ey-public-on-future-assassins-creed-locations

I would love either of these two but would prefer pre-historic Adam and Eve time. (I've not played Revelations yet so I don't know whether it hints towards anything in particular).

Irish

Ubisoft survey

"Among the following propositions, in which of the following historical periods and locations would you like one of the next Assassin's Creed games to take place?", Ubisoft asks.

The options listed are:

Why no French Revolution? Actually screw the Revolution itself. Set the game afterwards so you can include Vidocq in it.

I wonder if this will end up like the last survey they did for AC (bolded all ended up in the game):

Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN"S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running

2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.

3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world

4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)

5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district

6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period

7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy

Victorian England would be SO BORING. The only cool things about that era are the land marks, the accents, and Jack The Ripper.

Would love to see Medieval China, Feudal Japan, Egypt or Russia.

Petrichor

Why no French Revolution? Actually screw the Revolution itself. Set the game afterwards so you can include Vidocq in it.

I wonder if this will end up like the last survey they did for AC (bolded all ended up in the game):

Seeing as this survery has only just been published, and we know AC3 is well into development (and is surely well past the point where they would have chosen a setting), maybe this is our answer. This survey is likely asking for future games past AC3.

No! No more historical Assassin's Creed. Finish the effing story that you've been building up to ever since you forgot to put an ending in Assassin's Creed 1 four years ago you jerks! Desmond, Vidic, the sun: make it happen.

Remember when Assassin's Creed was supposed to be a trilogy and nobody thought it'd actually happen because the first game reviewed pretty poorly?

Midou

I want the French revolution. :(

More than anything else, Ubi does a great job with realism in people, events and structures of the era, and I have studied into the french revolution a lot, would like to see something I am actually familiar with, and it would make for a pretty great looking setting too.

Barrett2

I would play that

I also don't understand why people want a modern day setting. That is the weakest point in the series, IMO. The historical setting it was makes it interesting.

Empty

oh man a russian revolution game would be fucking amazing, running through mosow and st petesburg. it's probably the least viable of the settings listed though.

Acheron

Banned
As mentioned AC3 must be in deep development. I think Napoleonic Wars are a lock. This would be for the spinoffs of the main trilogy. In that case I'd like China a lot.

The only thing that works with the gameplay they've already established, with the right achitecture, and actually pushes the story FORWARD...

...is British Empire.

Ithil

No! No more historical Assassin's Creed. Finish the effing story that you've been building up to ever since you forgot to put an ending in Assassin's Creed 1 four years ago you jerks! Desmond, Vidic, the sun: make it happen.

Remember when Assassin's Creed was supposed to be a trilogy and nobody thought it'd actually happen because the first game reviewed pretty poorly?

Er, they are. Don't you know how AC works?

You get a split between the present day and the historical assassin. The amount of present day stuff increases with each instalment so AC3 will be the conclusion to the Desmond story arc.

After that, they can easily do some purely historical, standalone AC stories from wherever in history without worrying about tying it to the Desmond plot.

Japan, Egypt, and the American Revolution would all be great.

But you know what would be cool? The future. Like Assassin's Creed: Modern Warfare. That's what I imagined the whole Desmond storyline building to while playing the first game.

Exile550

I'd like to see Japan, Victorian London or Russia. There is so many important historical events that they could take this wherever they want. I just want to see a setting that has never been done before.

Please these periods are perfect for the franchise.

I really dont want to play in any desert like environment again. JPN would be interesting.

Hopefully these are locations for AC Vita, I guess.

Alx

Those would be especially interesting. Just like there was (almost ?) no game taking place during the Crusades before the first episode, it would be nice to have games taking place in such well known but rarely used contexts.
It probably won't happen though, I'm not sure what would be the reception of a game showing communists rising to power (especially in the US), or that of the genocide of natives by Conquistadores (I suppose that the Assassin would not be a native)

I don't see how Ancient Egypt would work. The architecture wouldn't be big enough to play around on. Unless they just made up stuff and called it Egypt.

Yen

oh man a russian revolution game would be fucking amazing, running through mosow and Petrograd. it's probably the least viable of the settings listed though.
Fixed for historical accuracy. Russia or Victorian England would be cool.

Flunkie

Banned

It makes money. Cash cow it into the ground.

Mindlog

The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
Far and away the most interesting idea that has absolutely no chance of ever getting made. All of the other settings have been thoroughly explored or represent a naturally iterative setting. A Tenochtitlan rendered in AC quality would be fun to explore.

Unity2012

*The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt

Ancient Egypt sounds great.

I am afraid if we pick one of the modern eras, we risk the franchise to be undeniably compared with other games and fall flat on the attempt; it would not be good for a franchise that is starting to show fatigue. We need something new but exciting from the story point of view, exploration and appeal.

Exploring old times and, especially, Empires that define History has been one of AC games biggest draws, Ancient Egypt seems like a perfect place to continue the evolution of the franchise. the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China would be my second choice; and yet, I am not sure how popular it would be in the larger scale of the market.

inky

Far and away the most interesting idea that has absolutely no chance of ever getting made. All of the other settings have been thoroughly explored or represent a naturally iterative setting. A Tenochtitlan rendered in AC quality would be fun to explore.

Agreed.

Spaceassins Creed.

3 should finish with one of Desmond's descendants getting out an animus that's located on the moon. Then inception horn and cut to black.

lucius

I would like Japan or China but I don't think they will do it they will likely just fall back to same old same old for sales.

WARP10CK

Banned
Well I think an asian setting would be fitting right now we have been in europe and in the middle east so I am all for Asia.

Kabouter

Not interested, more interesting setting for China would be the interbellum. The Mukden incident, Marco Polo Bridge Incident, the tensions between the United States (Panay incident) and Japan, the tensions between Japan and Russia etc. There's a lot there imo. That said, unsure how that would work gameplaywise, tech is a bit modern there :p.

God yes. Perfect technology wise, a true civilization at its zenith. London was the centre of the world then. Would love this.

Not interested, not enough appropriate buildings, and Ancient Egypt isn't that interesting to be honest.

Hell no, absolutely uninteresting setting. There's really just nothing there.

Even less interesting, buildings in those days in that place were entirely unsuited to AC gameplay.

Very interesting setting, that said, I have the same concerns here as I brought up earlier in this post. Technology might be a bit too modern for gameplay to still make sense. You've got proper rifles and machine guns are common enough.

zzzzzz, totally overplayed. Not interested in any way.

Yeah, talk about overplayed. Not even just Rome, but specifically that era in Roman history. My god. And we've already been to Rome in the series! And explored a ton of the monuments, albeit at a much later date. Not interested at all.

mbisonyes.gif

I'd kill for this game, seriously. Disguised assassin arrives with conquistadores (=templars), sides with mayans. Cue assassinations using poisoned darts, live snakes and and jaguars.
I see a problem with there not being enough high buildings tho. Maybe climbable trees?

Top Bottom