• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Cox Hints At Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 For 2012

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is probably not surprising, but David Cox has hinted at Lords of Shadow 2 in 2012, or at least upcoming.

los2vbj9p.png

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/CastlevaniaLOS/status/153575003521167360

This links to page five of a 2012 preview, the first game of which is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.

Cynar

A more traditional story that ties in with the main games with similar game play from the first lords of shadow and they'll have a winner

Beth Cyra

I won't be supporting LoS2, but I am very interested to see how it does.

Given some of the reactions to LoS I want to see if the second performs sales wise nearly as well and just how Konami will react if it has a decline.

LowParry

After the ending, I'm really curious where they will take the series now. Very very very much looking forward to it.

Really enjoyed the first one (still need to repurchase it once I track down a cheap copy), so I am a bit hyped for the second. Really curious on whether the sequel will start after the 'twist' of the original.

Tigel

index.php

Spoiler for the ending of the first game:
I hope it will be in modern day, like it was hinted in the scene after the credits. It could be interesting.

Majine

Banned
They aren't gonna call it that, are they? I've always liked Castlevania's subtitles, think of something!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bring it on!!! LOS was one of my favorite games of the generation. Yes, many issues, tons... but the game was just fun and a throwback to old times. The graphics were stunning (meh 20FPS) and the music was beautiful. Bring it on MercurySteam!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I hope it's fun and not punishing to the point of being obnoxious this time (stop hurting the player for your own bad movement and platforming mechanics) . Still trying to force myself through it.

Oh, and don't let Japan write the silly script. It was painfully obvious that Stewart was having a difficult time regurgitating those lines.

Currently playing through the first one right now, actually. It's quite enjoyable but I feel it needs to be a more focused experience next time. I'd also fewer, but longer and well crafted areas than the 40-50 small areas that this game has. It just feels like it's taking me an eternity to beat the game partly because the game feels like its chopped up. Also, the game needs to communicate what you need to do clearer. Do you punch this block/wall, dash against it, or what? Do you grapple the pillar or climb it? It needs to be more intuitive and eliminate player guess work.

On the otherhand, combat is extremely deep and satisfying, and the game is absolutely gorgeous. And it manages to get the Castlevania vibe quite well, from the subweapons to the need to go back over certain areas once you've upgraded your techniques.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I had assumed LoS hadn't sold well enough to get a sequel, not that I have any idea how well it actually sold in the first place.

It is a real shame that they explain the epilogue "surprise" of LoS in DLC, I had assumed it would be explained if they ever did a sequel, but if they ever do an actual LoS sequel and not just another Castlevania they are either going to have to explain it in some lame manner so as not the make the DLC worthless or mention it in passing which would be rather lame for what I would consider a pretty big story point.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I want a new 2D one too.
Yea seriously, where is our new 2D Castlevania, Order of Ecclesia was awesome and then they went all quiet and I don't think anymore have been even hinted at.

Smellycat

I want an IGA 3DS castlevania :(

But I think Lords of Shadow 2 is probably going to be a better castlevania game than the first, since they are actually going to be making it as a castlevania from the start. At least I hope so...

The M.O.B

LOS was awful, I've voiced my disliked for it before.

If it didn't have the name Castlevania attached to it, it would just be some generic fantasy(and it is) GOW-clone.

-Winnie-

Spoiler for the ending of the first game:
I hope it will be in modern day, like it was hinted in the scene after the credits. It could be interesting.

I'm feeling like they're going to do something similar to Assassin's Creed, where each game in the series will have bits of the modern day story and eventually it'll lead to one that's based around it entirely.
I think jumping straight to the future for the whole game might be a bit too jarring, and I really did like the medieval setting in LoS (even if it was kind of just Lord of the Rings).

bumpkin

Bring it on!!! LOS was one of my favorite games of the generation. Yes, many issues, tons... but the game was just fun and a throwback to old times. The graphics were stunning (meh 20FPS) and the music was beautiful. Bring it on MercurySteam!

All of this. I know there are folks around here who liked Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness more, but I'm the opposite. Lords of Shadow was easily the most pleasant surprise of its release year for me. A love for the universe was evident, and I felt that they managed to inject cinematic elements without it being too watch-heavy.

burgerdog

Maybe they can make up for their shiteous DLC!

I was so excited when the dlc was released and bought it blindly. Not what I was expecting at all and I felt absolutely ripped off.

Here's hoping it's more like the packaged game than the dlc.

Zeal

Banned

Yes. Definitely one of my favorite games in ages. The gameplay, atmosphere, music, story, gameplay...they just nailed all of it.

Locking the game at a solid 30fps would make the sequel godly. Don't change a thing, especially the incredible art design and story.

Carnby

LOS was one of the few LEs that I never regretted buying. The PS3 version is so nice. Anyway, the game was good, and the ending was fantastic. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
1. Fix your goddamn frame rate dudes. You never should have shipped the game in that state.

2. LoS has the right idea for awesome combat, but plz talk to people who play hardcore action games and fix the hitboxes.

3. Fix the dodgy, slippery platforming, 'cuz you ruined the penultimate stage of the castle: the clock tower.

Otherwise, it's good to go. Lords of Shadow was absolutely a game that was six months from completion shoved out the door.

Gomu Gomu

I stopped playing it like two thirds in. Loved the atmosphere it created, and the music. Battle system was mediocre at best. I have to keep playing it. I have to see this "surprising ending" everyone is talking about.

Tron 2.0

I stopped playing it like two thirds in. Loved the atmosphere it created, and the music. Battle system was mediocre at best. I have to keep playing it. I have to see this "surprising ending" everyone is talking about.
Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

To be fair, LOS2 is going to make or break the ending to LOS1.

To me, it symbolized that LOS2 was going to be a much more traditional game than LOS1. But if they just sweep it under the rug, then yes. It will be all for nought.

Bring back: Production value, great art, gameplay variety, length of the campaign, replay value.

Improve: Combat "snappiness", hit boxes, enemy attack tells, framerate, camera, platforming

Result: Even better game.

Top Bottom