• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bachelor Season 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
L8IEH.jpg

Has anyone been watching this? I wasn't that excited about this season because the Bachelor is Ben (ugh) but so far the episodes have been pretty good.

The Bachelor:

EehnO.jpg

No idea what the girls see in him. He's not that good looking and has the personality of a rock. Although, that seems to be a common trait amongst Bachelors.

Will he find love this time around? Or will his relationship crash and burn like all the others? I honestly don't really care, I just want to watch the girls cat fight every week.

Frontrunners:

Emily

x1hDJ.jpg

Emily's my favorite since Week 1. She's smart, outgoing, funny, and actually SEEMS NORMAL. I question if Ben's smart enough to pick her though.

Kacie

L5k9g.jpg

Ben and Kacie obviously have a strong connection, although she's a bit too saccharine for my tastes. Also there's the first date curse.

Courtney

6osQC.jpg

She's so hilariously evil that I look forward to her scenes every week. I can see a repeat of Season 14 with
Jake and Vienna
if Ben ends up with her. Although she's hotter.

Jennifer

aIqAH.jpg

A lot of physical chemistry between Ben and Jennifer, and from tonight's preview it looks like
they go on a one-on-one.
I think she has a lot of potential.

Then there are a few girls I'm not sure about because we simply haven't seen enough of them. With that in mind, my dark horse picks:

Rachel

PkRVa.jpg

One of the hottest girls here, and she seems to get along with the others. But so far I have seen nothing of substance from her. At least she's learning the group dates fast (whoever makes out with Ben the most gets the rose).

Nicki

uMNee.jpg

Very cute and nice personality, although so far we've mostly seen her talk badly about the other contestants.

Where are my fellow Bachelor Gaffers? I know there's at least one of you out there!

freshair

I haven't been watching it, but I did watch the Bachelorette last season. For some reason I find that more interesting. lol

Go Team Kacie!!!

Nicki is cute too but she's an emotional mess. The guy is a dumbass by the way. In the last episode he should have given the rose to that girl that walked in out of nowhere... for the LOLZ

Kisaya

Man I used to love watching the Bachelor with my mom back then. We watched it really early on though, like season 2 or 4 I think.

Anyway I don't think I'm going to watch this. Courtney looks really familiar though for some reason...

I watch this because my wife likes it and usually end up hooked after a couple of episodes. No matter how much I say "not this time". Emily is the right choice and Courtney is evil.

Ploid 3.0

Glad I'm not weird for watching this for the train wrecks. I like funny reality shows (scare tactics, punked, etc.) I started with the last Bachelor. The show had me at hello when the first dudes eliminated were sad and one or two cried. Then the Ashley girl was an emotional wreck, and Bentley went in for the kill. It was so stupid and funny (funny that they are on a competition show and get so hurt over all this while knowing full well what they are setting themselves up for. Everyone kissing the main character, etc) that I couldn't tear myself away from it. I skip a few weeks and catch it on hulu so I can fast forward to the fun stuff.

My fiancée and I watch every week. We love it. I always wondered why there was no thread for this.

Btw, I totally wish he had given a rose to Chantel(sp?) last week

I've also always wondered why no threads are made for this. This is a fun show to watch for many reasons: hot girls, meltdowns/cat fights/drama, amazing travel destinations. Some of the places they go to and visit are just breathtaking and amazing.

I've also always wondered why no threads are made for this. This is a fun show to watch for many reasons: hot girls, meltdowns/cat fights/drama, amazing travel destinations. Some of the places they go to and visit are just breathtaking and amazing.

My fiancée and I watch every week. We love it. I always wondered why there was no thread for this.

Oh there were threads. They got about 5 posts each.

Also regarding travel destinations: my friend and I joked that this season has to be "The Bachelor: Low Budget Edition." I mean they spend a week in Sonoma then take an hour bus ride to San Francisco. And their next destination? No-name city, Utah!

Prologue

I watched last weeks. Good stuff. Lost all respect for Ben though. He basically cracked under pressure and sent Shawntel home to keep the peace. Guy has no balls whatsoever. Plus some of those girls were really mean and he didn't send them home? Pfft.

Oh there were threads. They got about 5 posts each.

Also regarding travel destinations: my friend and I joked that this season has to be "The Bachelor: Low Budget Edition." I mean they spend a week in Sonoma then take an hour bus ride to San Francisco. And their next destination? No-name city, Utah!

Lol, didn't know there were threads. Yeah, so far, the travel destinations have been terrible - lol. Hopefully, they'll go to more exotic locations the deeper we get into the season. I'm pretty sure they will, though.

Just saw the episode. Emily was skating on thin ice tonight. It's too bad, I really like the girl, but even Ben knows that her getting involved in this Courtney drama is just going to sink her in the end.

On the other hand I'm really starting to like Courtney more. She's handled that group date like a boss. This girl must have watched every Bachelor season because she knows how to play the game.

Just saw the episode. Emily was skating on thin ice tonight. It's too bad, I really like the girl, but even Ben knows that her getting involved in this Courtney drama is just going to sink her in the end.

On the other hand I'm really starting to like Courtney more. She's handled that group date like a boss. This girl must have watched every Bachelor season because she knows how to play the game.

Whew - Emily made it. It would have sucked if she got cut because of the drama between her and Courtney. But it looks like the drama's going to continue between the two, which is fine by me, as it makes the show all that much more entertaining! As for Courtney, I personally like the girl because she makes the show soooo fucking entertaining. And just as I suspected, they're finally going to go to more exotic places - yay! And yeah, Courtney definitely knows how to play the game, that's for sure. She adds so much to the show!

Whew - Emily made it. It would have sucked if she got cut because of the drama between her and Courtney. But it looks like the drama's going to continue between the two, which is fine by me, as it makes the show all that much more entertaining! As for Courtney, I personally like the girl because she makes the show soooo fucking entertaining. And just as I suspected, they're finally going to go to more exotic places - yay! And yeah, Courtney definitely knows how to play the game, that's for sure. She adds so much to the show!

Courtney is awesome. Without her the show would be boring. The girls were even being buddy-buddy with Monica and Blakley when they were talking trash about Courtney.

Sad to see Emily still harping the issue in next week's preview though...let it go Emily.

Courtney is awesome. Without her the show would be boring. The girls were even being buddy-buddy with Monica and Blakley when they were talking trash about Courtney.

Sad to see Emily still harping the issue in next week's preview though...let it go Emily.

Yeah, just let it go, Emily. I like her but just let it go. But it does create for even more drama, which is awesome! But I don't want it at the cost of her going home, though, as I like Emily. And lol @ Courtney's comment when Ben announced their next travel destination. I was there last week! Love this girl!

SmithnCo

I watched last weeks. Good stuff. Lost all respect for Ben though. He basically cracked under pressure and sent Shawntel home to keep the peace. Guy has no balls whatsoever. Plus some of those girls were really mean and he didn't send them home? Pfft.

I like how they took Shawntel coming back as a great offense, as if worse things didn't happen on this show, and that integrity has anything to do with it. :lol

I would've liked to see her stay just for the drama, which is the only reason most people watch this.

cacophony

I watch this to laugh at the people but even I'm having a hard time stomaching through this shit. Ben is such a boring ass bachelor.

I love how he says everything so dead pan though. Like in the premiere when he says "I Love Grandmas".

The problem is that Courtney is only 10 minutes out of two hours. I've been watching since Jillian's season (my girlfriend makes me, and she's been watching a lot longer) and we both agree that this one is deathly boring and probably the worst. Ben is completely dull and each episode makes him look worse and worse (last night was particularly bad), and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with everyone else. And for as awful as Courtney seems she's no Bentley/Wes/Vienna in terms of entertainment.

Agreed on the budget/destinations: it's almost like they picked him so they could cheap out by merging a destination with his hometown rather than having to fly everyone around. Park City, UT isn't no-name but it certainly isn't fancy like previous seasons, and a "low-key" date shouldn't mean sitting in a rowboat surrounded by gnats or some sort of low-rent touristy water cave.

(somewhat tame) Spoilers: if you know who he supposedly ends up with
then it made the show interesting at first to see how they were editing the storyline but now it just further reflects poorly on Ben. All I can think is that the showrunners want another Jake/Vienna explosion

The problem is that Courtney is only 10 minutes out of two hours. I've been watching since Jillian's season (my girlfriend makes me, and she's been watching a lot longer) and we both agree that this one is deathly boring and probably the worst. Ben is completely dull and each episode makes him look worse and worse (last night was particularly bad), and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with everyone else. And for as awful as Courtney seems she's no Bentley/Wes/Vienna in terms of entertainment.

I've been watching since Season 13 and not only is Ben the most boring but he's also by far the least attractive. The date with Rachel was painful. I miss Jason :(

Also Courtney > Vienna by far. Vienna was just annoying. Bentley was great though.

I've been watching since Season 13 and not only is Ben the most boring but he's also by far the least attractive. The date with Rachel was painful. I miss Jason :(

Also Courtney > Vienna by far. Vienna was just annoying. Bentley was great though.
I have difficulty separating Vienna on the regular show from A Very Special Episode Vienna where I was entertained by shouts of STOP UNDERMINING ME and YOU DISGUST ME. I think I block my memories of most of the seasons after they're done. That said, I'd love to be able to ask of the showrunners what the actual "point" of the show is. Obviously it's not finding love or happiness. Based on this season and Ashley's season I'm leaning more and more toward the goal being the creation of C-list celebrities and their subsequent destruction, as both seasons seemed set on showing the star as particularly dumb.

The Bentley thing was particularly weird because why would they pay for someone like him to come back on when his goal is openly a form of sabotage?

New episode tonight! Skinny-dipping episode! :3

Also next episode spoilers:
rumor is someone has a boyfriend and gets sent home and that it's Casey S.

Edit: Preview is up on ABC: Sneek Peek

According to the preview
Nicki gets the first 1-on-1, no surprise there. She's one of my dark horse picks. Then...Elyse gets the other 1-on-1?!? I see no reason to keep her around.

Salz01

Count me in on team Courtney. (hope my wife doesnt see this lol) I think she is playing him hardcore, and it's great to see on the show. I think Ben could be cool in real life outside of the show, but man, he is not a TV personality for sure. Half the time when he talks I just forward it.

I would keep Courtney around if I were Ben. That way i could bang her on all the dates. I love skanky chicks.
eh, she is so just in the line of thinking that she will do anything to win that I feel like she isn't terribly interested in finding love... she just wants to win. I told my GF (i sat down with her and watched it last night and she explained to me that the guy gives away the ring to one of the girls) that there should be some binding contract that they have to get married and spend the next 25 years as a married couple would with each other every day, no ands-ifs-or-buts about it...

I am totally against this show and what they are doing to their emotions to the people, so I feel like imposing that rule would be a good way of people taking it more seriously.

BTW, I feel like once you see it, you cannot unsee it. I think courtney looks like a big ole bear or dog with the flappy gums thing going on whenever she talks or makes a gesture with her face.

0109_bachelor-courtney_ob.jpg

Deszk090528_Sire-1.jpg

Last night's episode was kind of a snoozefest outside the skinny-dipping parts. I can't believe he let Jennifer go!

Pretty excited for next week. Drama with Casey S. and the other girls talk to Ben about Courtney. I thought Emily would be the only one and continue to look crazy, good to see her getting some backup. Hope Courtney stays though, she's basically the main character on the show now.

Last night's episode was kind of a snoozefest... Pretty excited for next week.
This is every week. The extent to which the previews overhype anything that hasn't happened yet (including merging unrelated footage) is crazy.

Question: How many people watching/posting here have read spoilers for who wins?

This is every week. The extent to which the previews overhype anything that hasn't happened yet (including merging unrelated footage) is crazy.

Question: How many people watching/posting here have read spoilers for who wins?

Nah episodes 3 and 4 were good.

I've read the spoilers...but they've been wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom