• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT| Rubio Early Favorite for Racist of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

I dunno... Josh Smith was aite-ish
On those list of guys JRich is the only one that did better than him. So from that list of guys he was great in comparison to most of them.

Shumpert is going to win this year. He gets off the ground quick and gets height easily. On some of the Alleys he's caught this year he just walks along the baseline and goes up and gets them. I can't think of too many guards that could do that.

Hey guys remember when I was telling DY that the Cats are trash and will have the worst record in the league, but he wouldn't believe me?

Cause its pretty funny seeing him cry about how little talent his team has now that they are making all-time tank records.

The good news is that its literally impossible to fuck up this draft.

All the Bobcats management has to do is go on draftexpress and pick one of the top 10. They'll fuck it up if they think too hard.

Fatalah

Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) said:
2/16/12 12:48 PM
Knicks closing in on a deal for JR Smith, Daily News has learned. Need to cut a player. Two weeks earlier and it could have been Jeremy Lin

It's Lin baby -- deal is imminent. Sorry if already posted.

h3ro

Just what the Knicks need... more chuckers! Not sure what to think of that move.

Odds on JR's sister/wife/mom choking Lala?

3:1?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hey guys remember when I was telling DY that the Cats are trash and will have the worst record in the league, but he wouldn't believe me?

Cause its pretty funny seeing him cry about how little talent his team has now that they are making all-time tank records.

The good news is that its literally impossible to fuck up this draft.

All the Bobcats management has to do is go on draftexpress and pick one of the top 10. They'll fuck it up if they think too hard.

Who's crying?

And besides, guys have been injured too. We shouldn't be outtanking the Wizards this hard, but the effort was there when we decided to give Diop 6 starts.

Fox318

not a single mention of cutting Jared Jefferies...goes to show how much he's improved as of late..

Lin/Shump
Fields/JR Smith
Melo
Amare/Novak
Chandler

...the rich get richer.

Honestly if you can't win with that lineup you might as well give up already.

1joyW.jpg

Lin/Davis/Shumpert (Douglas)
Fields/Smith/Shumpert
Anthony/Fields/Novak (Balkman)
Stoudemire/Harrelson/Novak (Balkman)
Chandler/Harrelson (Jordan)

We cut Bibby, and let Bill Walker get water for everyone.

Let's say we get healthy Baron Davis back after the All-Star break, and he can give us 10 minutes a game too.

This would work well.

charsace

Lin/Davis/Shumpert (Douglas)
Fields/Smith/Shumpert
Anthony/Fields/Novak (Balkman)
Stoudemire/Harrelson/Novak (Balkman)
Chandler/Harrelson (Jordan)

We cut Bibby, and let Bill Walker get water for everyone.

Let's say we get healthy Baron Davis back after the All-Star break, and he can give us 10 minutes a game too.

This would work well.

Balkman is the one that will get cut. Shump and JR can play the 3 if we need them to. Novak can play the 4 if we need him to. Bibby has been a shooter for most of his career and that alone will save him from being cut.

DY_nasty

How can anyone think that this will work well....

JR is a fucking headcase
Carmelo is the anti-point guard
Pringles is a clown

That team needed a miracle, and they got Lin - now they're going to fuck their miracle in the ass. Great job, NY. Fucking idiots.

JR is a fucking headcase
Pringles is a clown

That team needed a miracle, and they got Lin - now they're going to fuck their miracle in the ass. Great job, NY. Fucking idiots.

I can't wait for this to *not* happen, and for everyone to keep their hands clasped in prayer all season pleading with their favorite deity for get it done. :jnc

we've gone from lolknicks and ******* are knicks-bad to "the rich get richer".

linsane.

Knicks always had the talent but couldn't put it together. That's why they were the LOLknicks.

They got an above average PnR PG who has a decent J, which is exactly what improves Chandler's and Amare's games, for basically nothing.

I still don't think Knicks make it to the ECF let alone The finals. Amare and Melo are just too stupid defensively especially against Bron and Bosh. The Warden won't have to worry much about Chanlder scoring and Wade or Bron will get Lin as a defensive assignment.

Knicks are much improved but I doubt they can do anything more than annoy the future champs.

DY_nasty

I can't wait for this to *not* happen, and for everyone to keep their hands clasped in prayer all season pleading with their favorite deity for get it done. :jnc
Because JR has been so helpful in the playoffs - especially beside Carmelo.

DY_nasty

Knicks are much improved but I doubt they can do anything more than annoy the future champs.

Yeah, I think they'll even get out of the first round. If they catch Boston, Miami, or Chicago though? same old lulz - just with 3x the hype

h3ro

I don't like the JR signing one bit. The second we start building some chemistry we go and add a dude who's wife/gf/whatever tried to start WWIII in China. Fantastic.

JR is a fucking headcase
Pringles is a clown

Pringles is a clown I agree.

But I don't care. There aren't many good coaches in the league anymore. The only coach who will significantly outcoach him is Pop.

Your other points suck. Anyone who can't see how absurdly talented Melo and JR are, doesn't know basketball. I don't give a fuck if they ball-hog. This is Lin's team now. Pringles just nods and lets the Linsanity wash over him. If Lin wants them to have the ball, he'll give it to them.

And the kid has made every right decision so far so I don't see why that will stop.

Fox318

I don't like the JR signing one bit. The second we start building some chemistry we go and add a dude who's wife/gf/whatever tried to start WWIII in China. Fantastic.

If its Bibby they cut then the Knicks could sign 1000 lb fat Eddy Curry again for all I care.

DY_nasty

Pringles is a clown I agree.

But I don't care. There aren't many good coaches in the league anymore. The only coach who will significantly outcoach him is Pop.

Your other points suck. Anyone who can't see how absurdly talented Melo and JR are, doesn't know basketball. I don't give a fuck if they ball-hog. This is Lin's team now. Pringles just nods and lets the Linsanity wash over him. If Lin wants them to have the ball, he'll give it to them.

And the kid has made every right decision so far so I don't see why that will stop.

Lin is a damned good point guard. But you don't do pile up everything on him like this. He's not superman. They'll rock the season out. Rock hard. But this won't end well. Quote me on it.

Knicks always had the talent but couldn't put it together. That's why they were the LOLknicks.

They got an above average PnR PG who has a decent J, which is exactly what improves Chandler's and Amare's games, for basically nothing.

I still don't think Knicks make it to the ECF let alone The finals. Amare and Melo are just too stupid defensively especially against Bron and Bosh. The Warden won't have to worry much about Chanlder scoring and Wade or Bron will get Lin as a defensive assignment.

Knicks will never go far in the playoffs because their max guys are bad players.

Yeah, I think they'll even get out of the first round. If they catch Boston, Miami, or Chicago though? same old lulz - just with 3x the hype

Boston? Chicago? You high?

The way I see it, there are 4 contenders this year:

Miami
OKC
Dallas
New York

No other team has a chance. New York is the most talented, but they need time to gel. If I was a betting man though....I'd bet on them to win it all. Miami has Bron so they'll fuck it up somehow, OKC has a shitty coach and YNB, and Dallas has too many new pieces.

New York is the best top-to-bottom they just need a chance to bloom.

DY_nasty

Boston? Chicago? You high?

The way I see it, there are 4 contenders this year:

Miami
OKC
Dallas
New York

No other team has a chance. New York is the most talented, but they need time to gel. If I was a betting man though....I'd bet on them to win it all. Miami has Bron so they'll fuck it up somehow, OKC has a shitty coach and YNB, and Dallas has too many new pieces.

New York is the best top-to-bottom they just need a chance to bloom.

Gel?

You want them to gel by ADDING JR Smith ON TOP of re-integrating Melo?

Are you high?

edit: n/m awesome hex you're laying there. good juju

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

JR is a fucking headcase
Pringles is a clown

Dude...

Insert avatarquotehere

DY you just need to learn to believe in the Lin.

You make it sound like reintegrating Melo and adding JR is gonna be the hardest thing hes done so far.

Everyones gonna fall in line dude. Theyve got unstoppable shit like Melo iso and Lin/Amare or Chandler pick and roll. Good shooting, great depth, amazing athleticism, AND they're elite on defense? Your only counterargument to all this is that they might quarrel a little while they are winning every fucking game? You serious?

Stack the fucking rings.

Somehow, in the D'antoni system dictated by a pass-first point guard, the Phoenix Suns always seemed to have enough touches for all the players who needed to shoot, slash and drive, whether they were Marion or Barbosa or Joe Johnson or Amare or Diaw or whoever.

Somehow in the same system, a team consisting of the world's best players and the most ball-hogging/ball-dominant players on the planet, everyone got all the touches they needed and everyone flourished.

In a similarly fast-paced, ball-movement based offense implemented by George Karl and executed by a legitimate point guard, Melo and Smith seemed to have plenty of touches and everyone got their numbers called properly - even Allen Iverson, probably the most ball-dominant player of that generation. They also won a ton of games, always made the playoffs, and even got to the WCF. They probably would've made it more than once if they didn't run into the dominant Spurs and Lakers out West.

...curiously, it's also never George Karl's fault for them not making it further into the postseason; it's always Melo. More curiously, the decade of malaise prior to Melo was erased from discussion; Melo gets no credit for his impact on that Nuggets team.

Anyway, I really don't think they're going to mess this up the way people arae hoping for. The Knicks may not win the championship this year, but they'll make the playoffs...and they'll probably win some games in the playoffs too.

charsace

Bulls playoff defense would destroy the Knicks.

D'Antoni's system kills the bulls. Out of all the contending teams in the East the bulls are the team I would want the Knicks to play in the playoffs. The Knicks are the worst first round match up that the bulls could draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom