• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita Games: What does this thing have?

whitehawk

Banned
6whpH.png

d2Tqa.png

Well there were some requests in the Vita thread to make a thread for the Vita similar to this thread that the 3DS has, so I took it upon myself to make. The OP will have released games that are currently out, and the second post will be for future releases. Hopefully this becomes home for general discussion of current and upcoming Vita games. Hope you enjoy!

vuUxi.png

Dynasty Warriors Next
Publisher: Koei
Regions: NA, EU, JP
Purchase: No

LHRCsl.jpg
2eoVJ.jpg

Army Corps of Hell
Publisher: Square Enix

lN9XZ.jpg
rPhVw.png

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Publisher: Tecmo
Regions: NA, EU
Purchase: Buy it on sale

w257jl.jpg
lNd5ul.jpg

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Publisher: Ubisoft

uOM6ll.jpg
vZpyEl.jpg

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Publisher: Namco Bandai

T2goYl.jpg
eJiXDl.jpg

YUJB0.png

Wipeout 2048
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Purchase: Yes

3Ip59l.jpg
MXmEZl.jpg

Ridge Racer
Official Thread

Q1m9el.jpg
Oo6hcl.jpg

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

nIfrQ.jpg
Mc8ZN.jpg

F1 2011
Publisher: Codemasters

bOgVN.jpg
DxCJyl.jpg

Asphalt Injection

vW4bM.jpg
afmKd.jpg

Ben 10: Galactic Racing
Publisher: D3 Publisher

0MPnt.jpg
G2IRCl.jpg

Motorstorm RC
Purchase: Yes (Free lol)

YaIuAl.jpg
pNgEAl.jpg

Savd9.png

Uncharted Golden Abyss

vQu9Y.jpg
5JAmC.jpg

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive

FFpOVl.jpg
9VAeTl.jpg

EURMr.png

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

FkKUO.jpg
SnZPt.jpg

Escape Plan

ifdFrl.jpg
2tosol.jpg

A3bH0.png

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Publisher: Aksys Games

irvJ6l.jpg
Wf4U1l.jpg

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Publisher: Capcom

qUYBRl.jpg
rgEnol.jpg

Reality Fighters

49htEl.jpg
n5VTdl.jpg

sRlLx.png

MLB 12: The Show
Regions: NA

gyOmfl.jpg
kN56il.jpg

Virtua Tennis 4
Publisher: Sega

fZwRSl.jpg
h3eLfl.jpg

FIFA Soccer
Publisher: Electronic Arts

dKIfSl.jpg
ooiA7l.jpg

Hustle Kings

C4w3pl.jpg
eEwmGl.jpg

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational

0drrtl.jpg
ZhpX9l.jpg

QsVPE.png

Touch My Katamari
Official Thread

amUyVl.jpg
eVf5Cl.jpg

Super Stardust Delta
Official Thread

5FajFl.jpg
veTR3l.jpg

Plants vs. Zombies
Publisher: PopCap Games

F6oR2l.jpg
zksQZl.jpg

CmpRJ.png

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Publisher: DrinkBox

ve7RYl.jpg
SVVAwl.jpg

Rayman Origins

mYfWql.jpg
ujS6Il.jpg

Little Deviants

4zAICl.jpg
0vEcml.jpg

DuuUH.png

Michael Jackson: The Experience

NRhBal.jpg
vOCZAl.jpg

OxVu0.png

Unit 13
Official Thread

B2Dcrl.jpg
qDkWnl.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
pwlbp.png

OxVu0.png

Resistance: Burning Skies
Release Date: May 29, 2012
Purchase: No one knows

evt0zl.jpg
HODoPl.jpg

Savd9.png

Gravity Rush
Release Date: June 12, 2012 (Out in JP already)

vsrBjl.jpg
eT15dl.jpg

CmpRJ.png

LittleBigPlanet
Release Date: TBA

uicAGl.png
rUEbUl.png

YUJB0.png

Urban Trials
Publisher: Tate Interactive
Release Date: TBA 2012

c3KeIl.jpg
KnEHAl.jpg

vuUxi.png

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Publisher: Konami
Purchase: Probably

hVpcRl.jpg
cEDWpl.jpg

A3bH0.png

Mortal Kombat
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Release Date: May 2, 2012

9NfRol.jpg
TEjkCl.jpg

Street Fighter x Tekken
Publisher: Capcom
Release Date: Q3 2012

Ttelll.jpg
0UPISl.jpg

DuuUH.png

Sound Shapes

njin1l.jpg
yN0n0l.jpg

FaidSint

Nice thread. Am definitely planning on buying a few of these. Once I get bored of the incredibly fun Motorstorm RC!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Where's Unit 13, dawg? It's flawed but worth a look if you want a decent shooter on your Vita. It would be a good fit for "on sale". Also, I'd upgrade Lumines to a "yes", since it's probably the best launch title, but other than that good work. I'll be frequenting this thread.

fernoca

Nice, though Motorstorm is still free? thought the offer expired last week or something.

ModNation is a "Buy it on sale" I'd think. The game lacks online, but it's quite nice anyway.

naib

Yeah. A Lumines sale would be great. But its a no brainer at the current price too. One game I can say with confidence I'll never delete to make room. I'll be playing it for the life of the Vita. Eager to gobble up any DLC for it as well.

Stardust and Marvel aren't going anywhere anytime soon either. But that's more my taste.

frequency

What criteria is the "Purchase" determined by?

General consensus? I don't follow too much, but some of those don't seem to match general consensus.

Einbroch

Banned
HSG is loved by almost everyone who plays it and has tons of content that will last you a long time with a healthy online community and daily challenges.

Buy it.

totowhoa

Banned
What criteria is the "Purchase" determined by?

General consensus? I don't follow too much, but some of those don't seem to match general consensus.

General consensus seemed about right to me as I browsed through the list. I thought it all seemed pretty fair

frequency

General consensus seemed about right to me as I browsed through the list. I thought it all seemed pretty fair

Well, following the three Vita threads, not all of those seem to match general consensus.
The ones that stand out the most are HSG and Katamari. And it stands out even more when they're right next to each other on that list.

I like the suggestion Kafel made about replacing the "Purchase" part with a review link or something.

On another note, assuming this is an NA only list, it is missing Sumioni and Unit 13 right now.
If we're talking Japan as well, it's missing a few more.

whitehawk

Banned
Well, following the three Vita threads, not all of those seem to match general consensus.
The ones that stand out the most are HSG and Katamari. And it stands out even more when they're right next to each other on that list.

I like the suggestion Kafel made about replacing the "Purchase" part with a review link or something.

On another note, assuming this is an NA only list, it is missing Sumioni and Unit 13 right now.
If we're talking Japan as well, it's missing a few more.
Yeah I realize I'm missing a few, like Unit 13. My bad. They will be added soon.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Lumines is by far and away the best game on the platform and is worth every penny, cent or yen of your cash.

other thoughts :

Unit 13 - needs its bugs sorted out, it's playing havoc with my machine :/ but it's filling that Rainbow 6 gap.

Mahjong Fightclub - if you already have a MJFC game you really don't need this, unless the zoom function on the back touch panel is something you're tired old eyes has been calling for

hmm - will update later. I'm not buying Little Busters or TOEIC so that about wraps it up for a full set ! lol

HERE is an interesting idea. How about a $ value to each one, but have standard increments? $4.99, $9.99. $14.99 etc?

Fer instance , i'd go with :

Army Corps of Hell : Buy in point - $14.99
Michael Jackson : The Experience - buy in point : $9.99
Disgaea 3 : Disgaea friendly - buy in point : $24.99 , Disgaea averse - buy in point : $14.99
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - buy in point : $9.99
etc etc...
... or of course just give it a grade lol.

frequency

Yeah I realize I'm missing a few, like Unit 13. My bad. They will be added soon.

So it's an NA (or at least English-only) list?

There's quite a few Japan releases missing. Off the top of my head:
- Gravity Daze
- Ragnarok Odyssey
- Tales of Innocence R
- Lord of Apocalypse
- Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward in NA)
- Dream Club ZERO
- Little Busters
- Disgaea 3
- Monster Radar
And I know there are a few other uninteresting educational games and like... sudoku and stuff like that.

EDIT: I know it's a work in progress. I think you did a good job so far though.

whitehawk

Banned
So it's an NA (or at least English-only) list?

There's quite a few Japan releases missing. Off the top of my head:
- Gravity Daze
- Ragnarok Odyssey
- Tales of Innocence R
- Lord of Apocalypse
- Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward in NA)
- Dream Club ZERO
- Little Busters
- Disgaea 3
- Monster Radar
And I know there are a few other uninteresting educational games and like... sudoku and stuff like that.

EDIT: I know it's a work in progress. I think you did a good job so far though.
I'll be adding Japanese releases too. I think for Gravity Daze/Rush I'll be adding the future releases post, even though it's out in Japan.

lol surprised that PvZ isn't wait for a sale with pretty much every other version on every other single platform in existence has it for way cheaper =P

whitehawk

Banned
lol surprised that PvZ isn't wait for a sale with pretty much every other version on every other single platform in existence has it for way cheaper =P
Good point, I don't know why I didn't put it in the 'sale' category, because that's the same reason I put Lumines in that category.

frequency

I don't mean to complain too much about the "Purchase" thing, but this post brings up a good point about price.

Especially across regions.

For example, Sumioni is $20 in the US. But it's about $70 (after exchange rate) in Japan. And the Asia version is about $40.
So say the game is a "wait for price drop". Price drop in what region? I guess since GAF is an english board, it would be based on NA/EU prices?

But I guess the "Purchase" thing is just supposed to be a guide line and people should use their best judgement based on their locales and circumstances. I don't know. Everything confuses me so ignore me.

totowhoa

Banned

Well I'm sure it's not a perfect match, but I just meant browsing through everything felt pretty all right to me. Sure I could see Katamari being a buy-on-sale since there were some concerns and it's the same ol' thing again in some ways, but it's essentially a 3 point scale here--people can figure it out.

And speaking of Katamari actually, 'cause of this thread I actually just looked into this Katamari more and found out about the new stretch mechanics and some positive impressions. Definitely gonna pick it up soon when it drops in price some.

DCharlie

I -think- this is the full list - or at least a fairly full list :

AR Combat DigiQ
A-men
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Black Lagoon
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Dream Club Zero Portable
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
Everybody's Golf 6
FIFA Football
F1 2011
Gravity Rush
Hustle Kings
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5–7
Little Busters! Converted Edition
Little Deviants
Lord of Apocalypse
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Mahjong Fight Club
MotorStorm: RC
Monster Radar
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs. Zombies
Ragnarok Odyssey
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11ninme no Suspect
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Sudoku 500 yen series
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Super Stardust Delta
Tales of Innocence R
TOEIC trainer
Top Darts
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Wipeout 2048
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

MarkusRJR

Why are there so many shitty games in the OP? Isn't the point of this thread to spread awareness of the good games on Vita and not shit like Ben 10, Asphalt, and F1 2011? Seriously.

Ken

Why are there so many shitty games in the OP? Isn't the point of this thread to spread awareness of the good games on Vita and not shit like Ben 10, Asphalt, and F1 2011? Seriously.

Because they are games available on the Vita, and that this isn't a "Vita games you should buy" thread? Even if you don't find them interesting, someone else might.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Can't recommend Uncharted and WipEout enough. Both incredible games that show the visual capabilities of the system.
---------

What's the consensus on Escape Plan? Is the gameplay trial and error?

I wanna get it because the art style is beautiful, but I don't like score based games that much.

ReaperXL7

I -think- this is the full list - or at least a fairly full list :

AR Combat DigiQ
A-men
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Black Lagoon
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Dream Club Zero Portable
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
Everybody's Golf 6
FIFA Football
F1 2011
Gravity Rush
Hustle Kings
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5–7
Little Busters! Converted Edition
Little Deviants
Lord of Apocalypse
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Mahjong Fight Club
MotorStorm: RC
Monster Radar
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Plants vs. Zombies
Ragnarok Odyssey
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Ridge Racer
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11ninme no Suspect
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Sudoku 500 yen series
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Super Stardust Delta
Tales of Innocence R
TOEIC trainer
Top Darts
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Wipeout 2048
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Missing Dragon's Crown, DJ Max Technika, Retro City Rampage, LittleBigPlanet, Lego Batman 2:DC Heroes, Persona 4, the Persona 4 fighting game, Metal Gear Solid HD, Zone of the Enders HD, Street Fighter vs. Tekken, and a few others of which i'm forgetting.

Ken

Missing Dragon's Crown, DJ Max Technika, Retro City Rampage, LittleBigPlanet, Lego Batman 2:DC Heroes, Persona 4, the Persona 4 fighting game, Metal Gear Solid HD, Zone of the Enders HD, Street Fighter vs. Tekken, and a few others of which i'm forgetting.

AFAIK that's not announced for Vita, unfortunately.

frequency

That list you quoted is for already released (in at least one region) games. It looks pretty complete to me.

ReaperXL7

Kangi

I'm disappointed. I was expecting to open "What does this thing have?" to "NOTHING".

But you just had to go and meaningfully contribute.

Good work, though.

DCharlie

I will specifically look to feedback on the Japanese only titles - need to desperately play 500 yen sudoku! ;)

Shtof

Ironically, platformers are the Vita's strongest genre. My favorite genre, so I'm not complaining.

Blablurn

if you're interested in a football game, go out and buy fifa. it even convinced an old pes fanatic like me. its a motivating and satisfying football game with a lot of content and nice graphics. unfortunately the online mode is a little big laggy. i mean, i play some games from time to time since its still bearable but it doesnt show the same performace as u know it from the console games.

Yjynx

I'd highly recommend Uncharted and Unit 13. Well I'm not a shooter fan but playing Uncharted and Unit 13 could make me one (on vita at least).

Uncharted : Great graphic especially at the second half of the game - demo and few first level of the game don't do any justice to the game at all. Believe it or not collecting stuff in the game was quite fun. This game also make me a strong believer in gyro aiming. I beat it at normal to enjoy the story (no gyro aiming), at hard to collect all the treasure and crushing to collect bounties (with gyro aiming). Beat it three times but still missing few bounties. This is where Near come in handy. Killing enemies for more than one hour and still missing one bounties. Update Near and in few second I manage to get my Platinum.....

I had great expectation on Bend in the future.

Unit 13: No gyro aiming (which is a minus for me), So far the game only crash twice on me, and the game has no story line at all. But somehow the game mechanic really addicting. Repeating the mission with different operative was quite fun. As your level goes up more weapon are being unlocked which is quite satisfying. Sneaking and killing people in the back with knife or reapeated headshot is my favourite. Wish that this game had a proper mp though. Perhaps with bigger budget and more trust from sony in the future Zipper could deliver even a better game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
thank ponies, the original psp version of this thread was a godsend, looking forward to a long future lurking this op.

+1 for replacing the purchase advice with a metacritic link. I'd never buy some games even if they were free, and I'd buy some other games at a high price. This is a completely personal thing. Metacritic isn't a good purchase recommendation guideline either, but at least it would link to reviews that you can read/watch.

Top Bottom